• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

@Planck69 Do you think the Direction part of the soul could be Vector Manip?
Honestly, based on my understanding, it seems to be the ability of the soul to guide itself to an afterlife (either the Lake of Souls, Helheim or Valhalla). Seems like it'd be an application of Death Manipulation or Soul Manipulation more than anything, since Vector Manipulation is specifically controlling the vectors of an attack or body. But this is from my understanding, maybe someone can elaborate the description of Direction better?

I honestly hope we can transmog the old level 1 appearances of the axe and the Blades of Chaos onto the fully upgraded versions, as well as the armors, and not just transmogging one armor onto the other, within the main menu itself without having to pay for it. And I do hope the true God Armor from GOW2 and possibly an Arms of Sparta skin for both Draupnir and the Shields are brough forward in the near future.

I honestly hope we can transmog the old level 1 appearances of the axe and the Blades of Chaos onto the fully upgraded versions, as well as the armors, and not just transmogging one armor onto the other, within the main menu itself without having to pay for it. And I do hope the true God Armor from GOW2 and possibly an Arms of Sparta skin for both Draupnir and the Shields are brough forward in the near future.
the funny thing is we did get the shield of sparta skin in 2018 but due to the fact that the shield is now totally changable into different shapes it is unlikely we'll get it this time

now the true god of war armor is something i wanted since GoW3 but never got

the funny thing is we did get the shield of sparta skin in 2018 but due to the fact that the shield is now totally changable into different shapes it is unlikely we'll get it this time
Just a paintjob menu should be enough. Kinda like dyeing your costumes.

Did Kratos go all out against Thor and Odin or was he still holding back? Is his full power when he goes crazy with rage or when he focuses it and keeps control over it? Would a full power Norse Kratos beat Odin 1v1?

Did Kratos go all out against Thor and Odin or was he still holding back?
Kratos was a lot more serious here than he was ever before in Norse, still not at GOW3 levels of strength, but pretty damn close I'd say.

Is his full power when he goes crazy with rage or when he focuses it and keeps control over it?
It's way more potent than the "Spartan Rage" we see in gameplay as Thor calls it "Damn, just as the fight was about to get interesting", as seen when Kratos knocks his teeth out, that's where Thor is thoroughly impressed and says "There he is, there's the God of War".

Would a full power Norse Kratos beat Odin 1v1?
Possibly, if Kratos also stops holding back on his hax as well. But it'd be an uphill battle with high-diff.

GOW3 Kratos is another story, Odin has nothing on Soul Manip, let alone Claws of Hades, or any of the other Titan Power-Ups, or the Blade of Olympus, or any of the GoW Powers he had on him (Mostly stuff from Ares) that he had lost and then regained after recovering the Blade, just look at what Atreus did to him in the end with a few words and a tiny Jotunn ball.

So Atreus can apparently shapeshift, dream of the future, use magic and whisper souls away from both mortal creatures and gods. I really hope we see him as an adult and he's come into his own.
Considering that its very likely that Atreus will take Kratos's place as protagonist to the next main games, its likely that we will see him more in the future.

Am I missing something, but how can yggdrasil be a low 1-C structure with Thor vs Jormungand being enough to splinter it and still remain as 2-C at most?

Shouldn’t they be Low 1-C instead?

Can you say why?
Simple. Card game stating infinite timelines got nuked by Ragnarok, Freya's statement of "transcends space and time" isn't evidence enough to imply existential superiority, and the whole "realms are merely a point on the tree" got nerfed to being referring to the position of the realms on the tree by Ragnarok.

That's what I think, after following Kratos for 8 games, it would be absurdly strange to follow from Atreus's point of view for example
I am cool with other characters taking over at some point. But yeah, it'd definitely feel strange and would take some time to get used to.

Simple. Card game stating infinite timelines got nuked by Ragnarok, Freya's statement of "transcends space and time" isn't evidence enough to imply existential superiority, and the whole "realms are merely a point on the tree" got nerfed to being referring to the position of the realms on the tree by Ragnarok.
Also also, more Greek wank and further support of that Green Rift Mask bullshit which further hints to Athena pulling the strings again so if we get more info in the future, it's more of an upgrade for the Greek Pantheon anyway. Considering Athena does indeed have a proper statement that implies existential superiority that is considerably less vague than what Yggdrasil is described as, plus containing "truths" about the real creation. Harkening back to God of War 3 where Athena states she now sees truths she couldn't before.

Yeah u can Transmog Weapons. Just gotta upgrade them to the max, I think.

We'll probably have more armor sets come NG+. But mark my words, they'll just be reskins of existing armor. So remember what Kratos said about expectations lol

I do believe they'll add the shield skins from 2018 and a whole lotta new ones.

I mean would it really be all that much of an issue cause kratos and Atreus had AD and he nearly killed them both before they could make any use of it before Freya came in with the noose save.
Tbh I Lowkey hate the AD
honestly Odin has a bit more versatility than Zeus it be an interesting fight to see if I'm honest
I’d also note Odin actually abuses his hax compared to Zeus going “spam thunderbolt”

also anyone else love the maxed out Blades from 2018? The Gold looks badass

Also also, more Greek wank and further support of that Green Rift Mask bullshit which further hints to Athena pulling the strings again so if we get more info in the future, it's more of an upgrade for the Greek Pantheon anyway. Considering Athena does indeed have a proper statement that implies existential superiority that is considerably less vague than what Yggdrasil is described as, plus containing "truths" about the real creation. Harkening back to God of War 3 where Athena states she now sees truths she couldn't before.
Tbh can the Higher Plane really be Greek wank?

also should Thor get resistance to Soul Manipulation (as well as NPI and Soul Hax himself) for Leviathan and Mjolnir’s clash being able to tear apart souls?

also should Thor get resistance to Soul Manipulation (as well as NPI and Soul Hax himself) for Leviathan and Mjolnir’s clash being able to tear apart souls?
Yeah probably

Also cool thing I noticed about all the people who died when Thor and Faye clashed, when their souls got split their memories was got ****** up a little bit and they can't remember the proper details of the day they died until you fix their split souls, tying back to the whole thing about mind being one of the parts of the soul

Yeah I love the maxed out 2018 weapons. Ragnarok is, meh. Looked better in 2018. Looks like the Axe got smaller, too.

And Thor's page is really ******* dry. He doesn't have much Hax, but he does need new stuff.

Like rage power/statistic amplification

Maybe Time manipulation/BFR

Paralysis Inducement?

well, Athena would be questionable too, since she hasn't really done anything since GOW 3, but hopefully we'll get new information in the next game (if any)

well, Athena would be questionable too, since she hasn't really done anything since GOW 3, but hopefully we'll get new information in the next game (if any)
Athena still has stronger ground to stand on than Yggdrasil does to qualify for "existential superiority" because her statements are still much more direct than Freya's, so that will certainly lessen the burden for finding evidence on her if it comes out in the near future.

Back