• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Dude does kinda downplay himself at times I think.
Like Planck said, Kratos tries to subvert himself way too much and tries to make himself look way weaker than he actually is, all in order to live a peaceful life and avoid another Olympus on his hands. He tries to keep expectations too low and he really doesn't have much of a positive outlook on life in general after everything that's happened, I mean, he tried to off himself multiple times in a row.
Yes, I agree with you, but doesn't that prove that what I said is correct? I mean, what is the possibility that Kratos is downplaying himself by comparing himself to Sigrun as well? Sigrun being comparable to Freya would be a better parameter in my opinion

Yes, I agree with you, but doesn't that prove that what I said is correct? I mean, what is the possibility that Kratos is downplaying himself by comparing himself to Sigrun as well? Sigrun being comparable to Freya would be a better parameter in my opinion
Kratos doesn't compare himself to Sigrun in this scenario tho, she is nowhere near the hardest hitter in the verse, not by a long shot, that honor belongs to Zeus and Zeus alone.

Anyway, Kratos's statement is not what is used for Sigrun stuff, that honor goes to Thor, who berates Kratos and mocks him saying "This is the guy that beat Sigrun? Bullshit" (Well, this isn't what he said but the first part he definitely did mention).

Interesting...

This effectively confirms Fate to not exist in Norse, it's just really good predictions on the side of the Norns.

Further hammering down Greek > Norse.

Greece blatantly had Fate, and it went out once Kratos killed the Sisters.

Mimir thought it was exaggerated and made-up, but if anything, Kratos's stories are not just an understatement, they are literally a censored, kid-friendly version of the actual things that went down in GoW2, far more brutal than Mimir could ever imagine.

Now that I think about it, Mimir's soul talk about the concepts of form, direction, mind and luck did not seem restricted to any certain Pantheon. He's from another Pantheon to boot.

Sure, those four concepts work differently in other pantheons (Like Hermes and Valkyries being soul ferries and whatnot), but the overall concept is the same.

Interesting...

Does this mean that if they kept fighting that Thor would have killed Kratos since we see Thor standing over his dead body and Matt says that this is what would have happened if Kratos went for the kill? That wouldn't seem consistent with the game showing Kratos outright defeating him.

Does this mean that if they kept fighting that Thor would have killed Kratos since we see Thor standing over his dead body and Matt says that this is what would have happened if Kratos went for the kill? That wouldn't seem consistent with the game showing Kratos outright defeating him.
No, Kratos merely defied the Norns' precognition by killing Heimdall and completely uprooting how Ragnarok was supposed to go down. That's why the mural is now painted with a yellow Kratos and Thor killing Kratos has been removed out of the equation completely, as you can see in Matt's explanation further down the line in the video where he defies "fate".

I wonder how would A match between kirby and kirby go (not like versus thread but more of what if they met and fought eachother)

It would. It's kinda unlikely tho as SSM has always expressed disinterest in DLC.

But I'd kill to play as Freya, Thrud, and Atreus.
Yeah. DLC would also be good beacuse you can clearly see some Realms got more attantion than others due to budget and time constraints.

Muspelheim is a literal gauntlet (with a barebones side area added in Ragnarok), Niflheim is basically a training room with a raven tree with barebones side area in Ragnarok and a grind fest in 2018, Asgard could definitely have used more time to explore and Jotunheim almost got nothing in 2018 and in Ragnarok it was an Atreus section with nothing new in it.

Also they could have made Helheim a bit more diverse in enviroment rather than just green colour and same repeated arhitecture. The Underworld from Greece absolutely destroys Helheim in this category.

Yeah there's still so much left. The old games clear in Art design honestly, although Ragnarok is a massive step up from 2018.

And I'd love the option to free roam as different characters

So If I may ask, how deep into 2-C are Greek and Norse mythologies supposing that different realms are outright different space times?

I was thinking, I don't think Kratos would need the spear to defeat Heimdall, Kratos even without the spear managed to hit him after a while, probably because of the AD, so the spear served more as a way to facilitate, but after a while Kratos simply beat Heimdall without sweating

I was thinking, I don't think Kratos would need the spear to defeat Heimdall, Kratos even without the spear managed to hit him after a while, probably because of the AD, so the spear served more as a way to facilitate, but after a while Kratos simply beat Heimdall without sweating
Essentially, yes. Even can be seen with how you go from missing swings to forcing Heimdall to block with his bracers to outright grazing him to beating him up with no issue.

Yeah. DLC would also be good beacuse you can clearly see some Realms got more attantion than others due to budget and time constraints.

Muspelheim is a literal gauntlet (with a barebones side area added in Ragnarok), Niflheim is basically a training room with a raven tree with barebones side area in Ragnarok and a grind fest in 2018, Asgard could definitely have used more time to explore and Jotunheim almost got nothing in 2018 and in Ragnarok it was an Atreus section with nothing new in it.

Also they could have made Helheim a bit more diverse in enviroment rather than just green colour and same repeated arhitecture. The Underworld from Greece absolutely destroys Helheim in this category.
The Greek Underworld is its own beast. 3 entire sections all to itself. The Fields of Elysium, Hades, and the infinite pits of Tartarus, where the legendary Great War took place.

Back