• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

That reminds me of this scene in which Hephaestus electrocuted Kratos, and do had an effect on Kratos, which Kratos was later able to overcome later on. That would be good additional proof of his RE.

Edit: Mistakenly put a different timestamp....

Last edited:
That reminds me of this scene in which Hephaestus electrocuted Kratos, and do had an effect on Kratos, which Kratos was later able to overcome later on. That would be good additional proof of his RE
Nah, that's just normal resistance to Electricity which he has overcome before, from Sirens, Lightning Mechs, Zeus and Poseidon.

Actual RE would be stemming from him gaining brand new resistances like overpowering shit from Castor and Pollux (His best RE feat up until now) and him gaining Fate Resistance as the Sisters cut off his thread but nothing happens to him.

Yeah the Leaks are legit, Someone who worked at ssm said the Odin one leak was fake on Twitter then he deleted the tweet. They aren't as major as it's being made out to be, as mostly it's just shit we already know and expect, like Odin being the final boss and his fight being more psychological than physical, and Kratos confronting the norns.

Along with other cool concept Art like Kratos fighting Thor, and Dark elves and light elves, dwarves, Odin's army, and the aesir.

There's also one more that I saw, that was of some guy, who no one know the identity of, (who I speculate and mark my ******* words is going to be the dude at the end mural)

And sickly. But he is a shape shifter like Zeus so who knows. Maybe he gives the illusion that he's a weak old man, and powers up and looks like marvel odin

Nah, that's just normal resistance to Electricity which he has overcome before, from Sirens, Lightning Mechs, Zeus and Poseidon.

Actual RE would be stemming from him gaining brand new resistances like overpowering shit from Castor and Pollux (His best RE feat up until now) and him gaining Fate Resistance as the Sisters cut off his thread but nothing happens to him.
Fair. The Point is, IIRC, Those abilities are things Kratos can overcome without any effect on him at all, While Hephaestus's electricity did affecting Kratos, and Kratos, as I see it, overpowered it out of sheer willpower.

also the way i saw kratos and loki fight in battle and how they can traverse the area quickly, i would imagine Odin has some sort of reality warping like creating dynamic environment and obstacles for kratos and loki

Odin Concept Art. it's fine to upload it in here, right ?

Last edited:
Btw just curious, did we scale infinite speed gow from helios or hermes?
Fr i can't find any justification why helios become infinite speed beside it's only range i can found, unless hermes iirc who was confirmed to be can dodged helios light which can illuminate up the infinite underworld, make the light become infinite speed not speed of light in general. But yeah doesn't it only range for helios? (Yeah, i mean he also get scalling due he was olympus god)

Btw just curious, did we scale infinite speed gow from helios or hermes?
Fr i can't find any justification why helios become infinite speed beside it's only range i can found, unless hermes iirc who was confirmed to be can dodged helios light which can illuminate up the infinite underworld, make the light become infinite speed not speed of light in general. But yeah doesn't it only range for helios? (Yeah, i mean he also get scalling due he was olympus god)
Well it mainly comes from Helios lighting the infinite underworld. Hermes can dodge this light and Hercules can block it after the light has been fired. I think Zeus can block it too. Anyway it was confirmed on twitter that infinite speed was legit and that Hermes dodging it was intentional.

Also there are other infinite speed feats. Primordials fighting before time and questionably Valkyries for traveling across infinite branches of Yggdrasil, altough that feat could be Immesurable.

btw IIRC there are item which stated "substance from the realms between realms" i wonder what it is.... Also would that means the substance is void itself or substance that has void resistance ?

also there are armor which stated that make the user gaining power of valkyrie, so kratos has all valkyrie abilities ??

geez what is wrong with game informer ????? i can't believe this... 30 sec+ live streaming ??????

2 overall but 3’s highs are better than 2’s highs imo
Same here. I still think GoW II is the peak of the series. Altough i can agree that GoW III has better highs, specifically the bosses. But i'd say GoW II is overall more consistent and has the best opening, yes, Colossus of Rhodes is better than Poseidon to me. Both are still amazing.

I want to ask everyone here a question. What is your favourite God of War game?
GOW3. Hands down.

GOW Ghost of Sparta, GOW2, GOW 2018 and GOW1 in that order are the best narrative wise.

Chains of Olympus is the third best emotionally.

Ascension was... decent. It went one step forward and two steps back.

Well it mainly comes from Helios lighting the infinite underworld. Hermes can dodge this light and Hercules can block it after the light has been fired. I think Zeus can block it too. Anyway it was confirmed on twitter that infinite speed was legit and that Hermes dodging it was intentional.
Hermes doesn't just dodge, he straight up runs faster than it (And yes, the devs intended it to be intentional). Hercules can also block the light after it's been fired. Using it on Zeus doesn't mean much because he's completely unaffected by it.

And Zeus scares the shit out of everyone in the pantheon just by twitching his muscles, he is capable of one-shotting all of them if you were to place the other gods in a line after all.

Also there are other infinite speed feats. Primordials fighting before time
Timeless voids no longer grant you speed.

and questionably Valkyries for traveling across infinite branches of Yggdrasil, altough that feat could be Immesurable.
Unless they are shown to be able to travel through time via sheer speed itself, that's just gonna remain at Infinite.

Hermes doesn't just dodge, he straight up runs faster than it (And yes, the devs intended it to be intentional). Hercules can also block the light after it's been fired. Using it on Zeus doesn't mean much because he's completely unaffected by it.

And Zeus scares the shit out of everyone in the pantheon just by twitching his muscles, he is capable of one-shotting all of them if you were to place the other gods in a line after all.

Timeless voids no longer grant you speed.

Unless they are shown to be able to travel through time via sheer speed itself, that's just gonna remain at Infinite.
I see. Thanks for clarification.

What about that one novel statement from GoW II about one of the Sisters of Fate going at infinite speed? I know that was considered a hyperbole at first but knowing how a lot of things in GoW that would be considered a hyperbole are literal. How would that statement stand now? Considering GoW characters are infinite speed.

Last edited:
What about that one novel statement from GoW II about one of the Sisters of Fate going at infinite speed? I know that was considered a hyperbole at first but knowing how a lot of things in GoW that would be considered a hyperbole are literal. How would that statement stand now? Considering GoW characters are infinite speed.
AFAIK it would only scale to her astral projection I suppose, but at the end of the day, doesn't matter, she still scales to Kratos in her physical form as well.

Wouldn't flying between realms physically be enough for immeasurable speed due to the fact that all the realms exists in the same physical space but are different timespaces? Or some shit like that, ion know. Might have to ask some more knowledgeable people.

Wouldn't flying between realms physically be enough for immeasurable speed due to the fact that all the realms exists in the same physical space but are different timespaces? Or some shit like that, ion know. Might have to ask some more knowledgeable people.
Nah, that's not how Immeasurable speed works.

Travelling from spacetime continuum to spacetime continuum has never given us Immeasurable speed AFAIK. The distance between them is usually unquantifiable but not infinite, but in Yggdrasil's case they are infinite as per the statements, so that's where they'll be. For them to be Immeasurable, they will need to have showcased some sort of speed that allows them to move beyond linear time itself, be free of its control and/or speed through any point in time they like, like speeding to the dawn of time or to the end of time itself without using any bullshit time travel powers.

Last edited:
Back