• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

image-20170302-14714-recbo3.jpg
omgg

btw there are some hidden feat like poison thor and destroying mountain and stuff based on conversation from asgardian but this player simply skipped the conversation..... I need full conversation from asgardian

Again,

1. They aren't stated to be higher in the sense of existential superiority in the novel

2. Cory's words of infinite-sized realms are contradicted by Helheim overflowing with souls. They're not actually infinite in size like say, the Greek Underworld or the Greek Mortal World.

3. Bruno forgetting 2018 and Mimir's own words is just him being down bad, yes, it's outright embarrassing and is a dead giveaway that it's a leading question, which is strictly forbidden as per our WoG standards. Half this shit wouldn't fly under site policy anyway so there's no point in debating it any further.

None of their assumptions hold because we work with what is, not with what can be. Possibilities don't fly here, plus most of these questions violate our WoG rules on being highly contradictive to the actual source material and being a leading question on top.
2. Eh, not really. Helheim is an infinite sized universe with a deep space like the other realms. The souls don't occupy outer space, only the frozen planet in Helheim. And that planet can be overflown with souls. I hope that makes sense to you.
And now the same guy who brought up the Cory statements is now caving in to "Planet-size Realms" so forgive me if I don't find either of these scenarios very convincing other than them being straight up light trolling.
Bro, I was messing around with you. I even had a reply saying that I was just acting like an annoying downplayer for a day.

2. Eh, not really. Helheim is an infinite sized universe with a deep space like the other realms. The souls don't occupy outer space, only the frozen planet in Helheim. And that planet can be overflown with souls. I hope that makes sense to you.
Not sure why Helheim wouldn't just use that outer space portion instead of concentrating everything into the city, TBF.

Also I am pretty sure none of the skies of the realms are stated to be infinite, only the branches of the World Tree are stated so. And we've done this song and dance over and over for who knows how long.

Bro, I was messing around with you. I even had a reply saying that I was just acting like an annoying downplayer for a day.
Yeah I saw that comment afterwards. Apologies.

Not sure why Helheim wouldn't just use that outer space portion instead of concentrating everything into the city, TBF.

Also I am pretty sure none of the skies of the realms are stated to be infinite, only the branches of the World Tree are stated so. And we've done this song and dance over and over for who knows how long.

Cory said that the realms are infinite in size by the virtue of existing across the Yggdrasil branches, which are beyond the literal concepts of Time and Space.

Asking why the souls only occupy Hel and not the entire realm of Helheim is the same as asking why the World Serpent encircles just earth and not the entire realm of Midgard.
No worries.

Cory said that the realms are infinite in size by the virtue of existing across the Yggdrasil branches, which are beyond the literal concepts of Time and Space.

Asking why the souls only occupy Hel and not the entire realm of Helheim is the same as asking why the World Serpent encircles just earth and not the entire realm of Midgard.

No worries.
is this from the Screenshot FB thing ?

That just furthers the wank. Given that everything must return to Yggdrasil all the same and without it everything ceases to exist.

I mean, there were countless souls outside Helheim and they were still threatening to drown Midgard too so uh...

Yes, the E-Mail and the G-Mail chat confirmation. Even if we don't use the confirmation for the F.B. scan, we can still use the other stuff he confirmed in the same mail.
Even assuming the FB post is legit, infinite dimensions involving branes is a completely different ballgame that you can't access without some serious secondary canon justifying it within the context of the primary canon. It's why we went through hell and back to get Unicron back to where he is now at 1-B.

What does this mean?
Means that if you destroy Yggdrasil, then all these "universes" or for a better term, "infinite dimensions", cease to exist and you get a massive tier jump nevertheless.

Even if we assumed these branches to be separate universes you're still blowing all of them up by blowing up Yggdrasil. Its tier to be destroyed/significantly affected does not change.

"Countless souls" sounds like a hyperbole.
Was just an expression on my part for the souls rotting in Helheim.

They were threatening to drown Midgard as Hel was full.
Yes... the souls were rotting outside the city too. Those souls also threatened to drown Midgard.

And also because the souls were not being taken where they should've been, Valhalla, because Odin ****** around with the Valkyries too much.

Even assuming the FB post is legit, infinite dimensions involving branes is a completely different ballgame that you can't access without some serious secondary canon justifying it within the context of the primary canon. It's why we went through hell and back to get Unicron back to where he is now at 1-B.
I'm not talking about the F.B. post. Read the G-Mail convo again. Cory says that the realms are infinite sized because they exist alongside the Yggdrasil's strands, which are beyond literal conceptions of Time and Space.
Yes... the souls were rotting outside the city too. Those souls also threatened to drown Midgard.
I'm sure the planet Hel is much more than just a city. Still doesn't change the fact that Helheim, just like all the other realms, is infinite in size. The planet Hel (on which the souls are contained), however, isn't. That's why it was eventually overflown due to Odin's fuckery and those souls threatened Midgard.

I'm not talking about the F.B. post. Read the G-Mail convo again. Cory says that the realms are infinite sized because they exist alongside the Yggdrasil's strands, which are beyond literal conceptions of Time and Space.
Yeah I know what you meant. Even with the e-mail you'd need a shit-ton of secondary canon evidence to make even just the email portion fly while ignoring the FB post altogether.

I'm sure the planet Hel is much more than just a city. Still doesn't change the fact that Helheim, just like all the other realms, is infinite in size. The planet Hel (on which the souls are contained), however, isn't. That's why it was eventually overflown due to Odin's fuckery and those souls threatened Midgard.
The simpler assumption to me here honestly is that both the universe and the core planet inside of them are referred to by the Realm name when the entire construct is put into topic. Otherwise, why would they consistently mention "fabric of the realms" this callously? The fabric isn't just the space, it's the time aspect of it being put into question as well.

The Civilizations show here should be Ancient Egyptian, Ancient Tibetan, Ancient Arabic (Pre Islam), Mesoamerican, Prehistoric and Hellenic?

Seen very like that in general most if not all all Mythologies before the Axial Age may actually exist in the GoW Multiverse.

Back