• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

By contradicting and ignoring what's actually in the games and novels? Novelisation already says nine realms are higher planes of existence and cory says they are infinite in size. He even forget thor vs jormungandr fight. It's embarrassing
which due to question is not specific and lead to many speculation. Which it's why it can not be used.

And now the same guy who brought up the Cory statements is now caving in to "Planet-size Realms" so forgive me if I don't find either of these scenarios very convincing other than them being straight up light trolling.
My point is that people will ignore if writers/directors of gow says something that would make gow cosmology impressive but if they say gow cosmology is just planets they will listen

By contradicting and ignoring what's actually in the games and novels? Novelisation already says nine realms are higher planes of existence and cory says they are infinite in size. He even forget thor vs jormungandr fight. It's embarrassing
Again,

1. They aren't stated to be higher in the sense of existential superiority in the novel

2. Cory's words of infinite-sized realms are contradicted by Helheim overflowing with souls. They're not actually infinite in size like say, the Greek Underworld or the Greek Mortal World.

3. Bruno forgetting 2018 and Mimir's own words is just him being down bad, yes, it's outright embarrassing and is a dead giveaway that it's a leading question, which is strictly forbidden as per our WoG standards. Half this shit wouldn't fly under site policy anyway so there's no point in debating it any further.

Tell that to people saying nine realms are planets not me
None of their assumptions hold because we work with what is, not with what can be. Possibilities don't fly here, plus most of these questions violate our WoG rules on being highly contradictive to the actual source material and being a leading question on top.

My point is that people will ignore if writers/directors of gow says something that would make gow cosmology impressive but if they say gow cosmology is just planets they will listen
Not much to do about that honestly. Haters will hate.

He's not exactly the god of evil. He represents discord and conflict; he's one of the aspects of what the egyptian saw as War. When the Egyptians were historically invaded by the Sea People, they thought of it as Set going against them. That's why he lost favor in between the egyptian people as a god.

The conflict of Set and Horus represents the fight of Egypt itself.

That's also another aspect of Egyptian myths. They are shaped and given meaning by the point of view of the egyptians, where they believe that their actions aid the gods themselves in maintaining their role in Ma'at.
One question: i heard somewhere that egyptians belived when herus and seth fought that was repited every night in the sky, is that true?

Imagine if odin and thor meet this kratos. Btw this art is official from SMS.

a4a489af-cc64-4343-bd8f-4dcedb77c17c

I mean mythology
I don't remember the myth profiles anymore but last I remember Ra's profile was comparatively barren compared to what we have for Kratos now.

So GOW3 Endgame Pre-Hope Kratos would likely win with mid-difficulty, and PoH Kratos would just rip him in half.

I don't remember the myth profiles anymore but last I remember Ra's profile was comparatively barren compared to what we have for Kratos now.

So GOW3 Endgame Pre-Hope Kratos would likely win with mid-difficulty, and PoH Kratos would just rip him in half.
Ra has abstract existence, existence erasure, resistence to existence erasure, concept creation/destruction/manipulation, regeneration, soul manipulation, reality warping, matter manipulation, non physical interaction, flight, size manipulation, shape-shifting etc

His AP and durability should be 2-C by creating duat and aaru, aaru itself was stated to be "boundless" aka infinite in size. He is much stronger than nun who is an infinite void of nothingness from where he arises. Nut is also an infinite universe and heh represents infinity and eternity.

His physical strength is infinite (scaling from shu, who was stated to hold nut forever).

Speed should be infinite just from scaling from his eye which can go anywhere in an infinite nun. His boat was also stated to represent 1 million (which at the time meant infinity).

He was also stated to be all the gods and all other gods are just manifestations of himself.

Back