• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I know that’s a thing, but dimensional manipulation probably isn’t a term from here, the closest i can find is higher dimensional manipulation.
Huh guess it’s just spatial manipulation then, damn thought it was a term
That's ****** up.
put the little bastards to work I say
Every pantheons in this world are waaaay better than Greek
And yeah i take Odin all of the days rather than Zeus
tbh Zeus is a dick but he at least seemed functional, Odin was always a mess tho and caused the apocalypse
Would yall be interested in scaling Greek Mythology based on the Iliad?
potentially
Norse Kratos should only get 1 key tbh. It's only 2 games, no substantial leap in power whatsoever with only a few new additions.
agreed, really it should only be tabbers for equipment (standard and optional) and resistances
The way GoW's scaling hilariously farts on actual mythology scaling continues to amuse me
tbh Marvel is the same; they’re Odin is magnitudes his mythical self

How can anyone forget Aphrodite and any of the other......free women?
True lmao, there's also mention in the second novel Iris' beauty could charm some of the Goddesses as well. If we go by the myths then Hercules and Zeus would be added to that list

One of the treasures you can find is a lyre and Mimir says Kratos told him he knows how to play it but refuses to do it for Mimir. It is also mentioned as something from Kratos' homeland.

Also, here's an image of Thrud. I also am curious, would Kratos, Atreus and co get Self Sustenance for the Spark of the World? I question this because apparently they'd drown in Tyr's Temple
In the upcoming CRT. They're supposed to get SS for a lot of different feats throughout the series. Also would being able to drown really mean you couldn't breathe in space? Even then, Kratos Breathed underwater to meet the Norns, It's just Atreus who can't breathe underwater.

In the upcoming CRT. They're supposed to get SS for a lot of different feats throughout the series. Also would being able to drown really mean you couldn't breathe in space? Even then, Kratos Breathed underwater to meet the Norns, It's just Atreus who can't breathe underwater.
1) I know but I know it's less for his demigod self, more when he has the Trident. the Box or his Godly powers. 2) Because it implies you don't need oxygen to live 3) Hmm fair, that would also grant the Norse Kratos, Atreus, Surtur and the Valkyries "Resistance to Cosmic Radiation" so more hax

Also what do we make of the Norns and Kratos? Considering they don't seem to actually command Fate, I wonder if this is more a Resistance to Precognition?

1) I know but I know it's less for his demigod self, more when he has the Trident. the Box or his Godly powers. 2) Because it implies you don't need oxygen to live 3) Hmm fair, that would also grant the Norse Kratos, Atreus, Surtur and the Valkyries "Resistance to Cosmic Radiation" so more hax
Yeah it's for the Greek gods overall, as they actually have quite a few feats of SS. The Norse Gods too.
Also what do we make of the Norns and Kratos? Considering they don't seem to actually command Fate, I wonder if this is more a Resistance to Precognition?
He already resists precog, so idk.
And then he bullied Heimdall who also has precog. Maybe enhanced precog resistance?

Yeah it's for the Greek gods overall, as they actually have quite a few feats of SS. The Norse Gods too.

He already resists precog, so idk.
And then he bullied Heimdall who also has precog. Maybe enhanced precog resistance?
1) Yep, this would help the Norse tho 2) True, this just gives us an outright showing for the Norse incarnation (so we don't have to scale him to the Greek counterpart) 3) TBH Heimdall seems to be based on sensing your thoughts and his own enhanced senses, something Kratos couldn't get around without exploiting his spear's ability to overwhelm the senses (and likely his ability to fight without thought, same as Thor) as well as his resistance to Time Manipulation

how about hindu gods ? 🗿 i mean if we compare POH kratos feat and scaling to Hindu gods from REAL MYTH. Just wondering.
Unless we use the F.B. post and Cory's explanation on it, Kratos will get one tapped by Para-Brahman. He will probably defeat the holy Trinity individually, but if they fight him together he's done for.

I mean, what the other pantheons are capable of is ultimately dependent on Santa Monica themselves. We can't really rely on mythological showings for the series.

That said, I'd like the Greek Pantheon to be surpassed at some point. Maybe they can make it that the older the pantheon, the closer they are to their archetypal origin and the more powerful they are. Would even neatly explain how Greek Gods were more powerful than the Norse pantheon.

I mean, t.b.h. everything he said lines up with the lore (except the Thor V.S. Jormi, but maybe in Kratos' version of Ragnarok the Yggdrasil wasn't splintered?). Maybe 5-B Yggdrasil is real, after all.

The issue with Midgard being that small is that Space-Times of the tier 2 caliber need to be at least universal in size to quantify for tier 2

If Yggdrasil isn't scaling to places at least universal in size (aka if Midgard is just earth and all the other realms are equal in size), then there's a huge issue of them being tier 2 via Yggdrasil

Back