• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

But what Kratos did goes through literally every pantheon and all the gods grow wary of him, some even fearful. Egypt was the first and is the next most familiar pantheon to Greece because of the actual IRL relationship they had way back when.
how powerful egypt gods compared to greek i wonder

I still don't get how no one's figured out just how much of a dumbass Zeus was to even suggest the idea of Kratos using Pandora's Box to kill Ares, like they had just forgotten everything about what's been contained there, and then the Gods instead blame Kratos for everything that's transpired from him killing Thanatos to then getting whacked by Zeus to then coming back and then whacking the Sisters of Fate, the rest of Olympus and then Zeus himself, before Kratos kills himself in order to earn redemption, screw over Athena out of a payday and to save mankind from the Gods.

Like, Kratos is that one harbinger of death who should have been left alone from the very beginning. If they didn't kidnap his brother, he would have been your average prodigal Spartan with a happy family. If they didn't make his daughter sick, he would have no reason to instigate the wrath of Alrik or rob the latter's father of his life even if unwittingly, and it would not lead to their wars where Kratos is ultimately forced to sell his soul to Ares to be molded into the perfect warrior. And if Ares had just kept away far and wide from his wife and children and instead used them to further motivate Kratos to instead overthrow the Gods to protect them, then he would've easily had Olympus all to himself and the only ones dead would be the Olympians themselves. But nooooooooooooooo, they had to spill the beans everywhere they went. For all the might and perfection they have, they seem to be the dumbest pantheons in terms of making life choices, while making the Norse look incredibly cunning and smart in every step of the way imaginable. It's just hilarious as **** and I'm surprised no one made a joke about this.

I still don't get how no one's figured out just how much of a dumbass Zeus was to even suggest the idea of Kratos using Pandora's Box to kill Ares, like they had just forgotten everything about what's been contained there, and then the Gods instead blame Kratos for everything that's transpired from him killing Thanatos to then getting whacked by Zeus to then coming back and then whacking the Sisters of Fate, the rest of Olympus and then Zeus himself, before Kratos kills himself in order to earn redemption, screw over Athena out of a payday and to save mankind from the Gods.

Like, Kratos is that one harbinger of death who should have been left alone from the very beginning. If they didn't kidnap his brother, he would have been your average prodigal Spartan with a happy family. If they didn't make his daughter sick, he would have no reason to instigate the wrath of Alrik or rob the latter's father of his life even if unwittingly, and it would not lead to their wars where Kratos is ultimately forced to sell his soul to Ares to be molded into the perfect warrior. And if Ares had just kept away far and wide from his wife and children and instead used them to further motivate Kratos to instead overthrow the Gods to protect them, then he would've easily had Olympus all to himself and the only ones dead would be the Olympians themselves. But nooooooooooooooo, they had to spill the beans everywhere they went. For all the might and perfection they have, they seem to be the dumbest pantheons in terms of making life choices, while making the Norse look incredibly cunning and smart in every step of the way imaginable. It's just hilarious as **** and I'm surprised no one made a joke about this.
Wasn't Ares stated by Athena in the novels to become extremely powerful, to the point he could easily defeat Poseidon and multiple other Olympians at the same time? So i guess you could say they were really desperate.

A lot of other things after GoW 1 can be blamed on fear affecting everyone in many ways.

Wasn't Ares stated by Athena in the novels to become extremely powerful, to the point he could easily defeat Poseidon and multiple other Olympians at the same time? So i guess you could say they were really desperate.
That was if the prophecy had gone through. Didn't help the fact that the other Olympians still kept ******* around and finding out with Zeus on the other end.

A lot of other things after GoW 1 can be blamed on fear affecting everyone in many ways.
Most of the stuff I had mentioned happens before the Box opens.

Another justification for atlas' immeasurable strength is that he can carry him hammer which has the weight of "the world".
This one is pretty specifically referring to the Mortal World, given Atlas's connection with the Earth, Earthquakes and Mountains. Though one could interpret it as the weight of the Mortal World's cosmos, but not it's space-time (Given that that's Cronos's domain).

This one is pretty specifically referring to the Mortal World, given Atlas's connection with the Earth, Earthquakes and Mountains. Though one could interpret it as the weight of the Mortal World's cosmos, but not it's space-time (Given that that's Cronos's domain).
Would hyperion get infinite strength just by his spear? (Without Powerscaling).

Why do gow characters have infinite likely immeasurable strength? Wouldn't it be better just being immeasurable?

question can you get high godly regen if you able to regenerate from attack that able to destroy/chew branch of yggdrassil ?

May i ask where you bunch would put Ragnarok on your GoW list. For me it personally doesen't beat GoW II or III. It had some really big highs but overall it couldn't keep those highs beacuse i think the game does have some mediocre stuff that drag it down from being one of the best. It's kind of all over the place for me. Still a great game overall.

I haven't played it yet so I can't comment on gameplay much but storywise it is not nearly as good as god of war 2018, 3, and 2.

I believe it's that box thing he puts down near Ratatoskr after the job is done..
Ah
Oh? I don't remember Helios punching holes into reality. Where does he do this?
Not Helios but his power source thanks to Hyperion. I bring up Helios because he can still do it
so thor and faye able to cut form, mind, direction, and luck in half ? lol
soul manipulation for both let’s go
It also implies Leviathan can do that
For now they solo just the Norse Pantheon. Other pantheons we'll have to wait and see what powers they have, and whether the devs will decide to finally give rivals to the Greek Pantheon or just wank it even further.
Tbh it’s really just Zeus in terms of might, the Aesir are way more consistently powerful (Heimdall > Hermes for instance)
Will hercules get any new abilities?
I’d assume he resists all the summons from the Claws, including Madness Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Acid Manipulation etc
ehhh kratos already have too many child imho
tbh I imagine Odr in God of War canon is just an alias of Odin
actually i found interesting feat about this.

Remember when mimir talk about souls which consist of 4 parts (form, mind, direction, and luck) ? that light of alfheim literally absorb those.
So kratos pretty much resist all of those absorption.
yep, so that’s absorption of the soul easily
No, he retains all the Resistances and physical strength from his previous self. The only thing that he doesn't have are his powers and hax, and the Power of Hope.
yep, he’d have access to his demigod resistances at least
Madness Manip and Deconstruction, but his GOW self already resists via Sirens and Poseidon.
true but it’s good to have objective confirmation
Someone mentioned it’d be soul Absorption too
Also, there is NO WAY nyx is stronger that chaos in actual mythology.
she is at least someone Zeus doesn’t like to anger so take that as you wlll
Herakles is the real chad tho
Actually, I'm not even sure anymore. It's just like a veil between the realms much like in DMC, isn't it? I wonder what that qualifies as TBF.

Though given that the Domain of Death already separates the two realms, what was the need for the other additional barrier?
I’d say Dimensional Manipulation, since it’s him tearing a hole in the walls between realities. As for the Domain of Death, no ides

May i ask where you bunch would put Ragnarok on your GoW list. For me it personally doesen't beat GoW II or III. It had some really big highs but overall it couldn't keep those highs beacuse i think the game does have some mediocre stuff that drag it down from being one of the best. It's kind of all over the place for me. Still a great game overall.
Based off what I’m seeing it’s just behind 2018 and III imo

I think storywise it's better than 1, 2, 3, and 4.

I cared and sympathized with a lot of other characters than just Kratos and Atreus.

And Well written characters, and growth for Kratos. I loved how his Growth was shown in the little ways, like him finally calling Mimir, the Dwarves, and Atreus by name this time around, instead of mostly Head, Dwarf, Blue one, and mostly Boy.

Seeing him actually want to help innocent people and not only care for himself, his son, and materialistic things, was great. Him caring about the innocent people in Asgard, was crazy for me, because he usually mows down civilians, and even in 2018 he probably wouldn't have cared if they died, nor for helping him.

Gameplay's great, just I still have some issues from 2018. RPG elements are even worse as everything is even grindier, you have to upgrade your weapons to 9 levels this time, and I hate that so many different abilities are just the same things. They've massively improved on Enemy and Boss variety from the last game. It's really fun seeing limbs fly off from enemies after a kill, and weapon specific finishers are great. I only wish there were more runic attacks as they're basically the same.

I hate that they made such a big deal of Transmog. You unlock it after fully upgrading armor. You should be able to do that from the start.

I hate that you can't free roam as Atreus. Perhaps that's for a future update.

I personally put it above 1, 2, and 4, and slightly below 3 and GOS

Not Helios but his power source thanks to Hyperion. I bring up Helios because he can still do it
Yeah Gilver told me.

soul manipulation for both let’s go
It also implies Leviathan can do that

Tbh it’s really just Zeus in terms of might, the Aesir are way more consistently powerful (Heimdall > Hermes for instance)
Hermes is fodder.

I’d assume he resists all the summons from the Claws, including Madness Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Acid Manipulation etc
Couldn't get the Chimera upgrade but I assume that's just Game Mechanics so uh who knows.

yep, so that’s absorption of the soul easily
Hmmmmm. That exact scan would be good for confirmation.

yep, he’d have access to his demigod resistances at least
Bare minimum.

true but it’s good to have objective confirmation
Someone mentioned it’d be soul Absorption too

she is at least someone Zeus doesn’t like to anger so take that as you wlll
Herakles is the real chad tho
Ye, Herakles is renowned for his strength here

I’d say Dimensional Manipulation, since it’s him tearing a hole in the walls between realities. As for the Domain of Death, no ides
Does Dimensional Manip even exist?

Yeah Gilver told me.
Ah
Hermes is fodder.
I know, just making the point via two gods who are similar
Couldn't get the Chimera upgrade but I assume that's just Game Mechanics so uh who knows.
Hmm, I personally don’t like using gameplay here but we could use this here, it’d likely be resistance to Poison/Acid
Hmmmmm. That exact scan would be good for confirmation.
True
Bare minimum.
Aye
Ye, Herakles is renowned for his strength here
My man may be Zeus level before even becoming a God lmao
Does Dimensional Manip even exist?
Believe so
His Spear would get it, aye.
likely high 3-A durability too

Surtr negs. Olympians > Titans > Primordials, and given Kratos's "immortal demigod" status when holding back he's at the very least as strong as Hercules if not stronger, when going all out he's equal to his GOW3 Endgame Pre-Hope self, physically speaking.
The way GoW's scaling hilariously farts on actual mythology scaling continues to amuse me

Last edited:
Back