• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

God Armor from GOW2 when

Aegis of Zeus from GOW3 when

Golden Fleece when

Salon for Kratos and Mimir's beard, Atreus's hair and Freya's hair when

Yeah, I agree with an At Most rating for Atreus in Base, flat-out 2-C in Bear Mode.
Imo we’d need a lower rating though (at least for Young Atreus)

maybe the Trolls could work as a lower baseline?
Nah. The next closest feat they got is Alecto in her Kraken form violently pulling down the Bell of Apollo that shakes the surrounding area. Tier 8 at best, that. Though it was utterly casual.
yep that’s a good one tho
So sealing for Norse kratos ? Greek kratos does not have sealing ability which is perfect opportunity to give kratos new ability.
wait how?
What is valhalla in god of war?
prolly a hall within Asgard like in the myths, we see Odin receive Einharjar
Funnily enough, Kratos falls downwards into the Domain of Death to get back to Mortal Greece but the Mortal World is stacked upwards of it (Domain of Death is nestled between the Underworld and Mortal World), further evidence for some weird wacky BFR shenanigan going on. And once you fall into the Underworld, you're not coming back unless you got Hades' powers or Hyperion Gates. Or Zeus bails your ass out. Or you use those holes for the Chain of Balance that goes through the fabric of space. Or if you use that weird hole near the Island of Creation which most likely operates on the same basis because it's near a wacky island.
don’t forget, the city we see in GOW III has Greeks next to it, leading directly to the Underworld somehow. Helios’ powers can also help by punching holes through reality

don’t forget, the city we see in GOW III has Greeks next to it, leading directly to the Underworld somehow. Helios’ powers can also help by punching holes through reality
If Helios can punch holes in reality, why dosen't he have that on his profile?

Imo we’d need a lower rating though (at least for Young Atreus)

maybe the Trolls could work as a lower baseline?
Yeah.

wait how?
I believe it's that box thing he puts down near Ratatoskr after the job is done..

Oh? I don't remember Helios punching holes into reality. Where does he do this?

Ah.

So Space-Time Manip with the Primordial Flame then.
Actually, I'm not even sure anymore. It's just like a veil between the realms much like in DMC, isn't it? I wonder what that qualifies as TBF.

Though given that the Domain of Death already separates the two realms, what was the need for the other additional barrier?

Actually, I'm not even sure anymore. It's just like a veil between the realms much like in DMC, isn't it? I wonder what that qualifies as TBF.

Though given that the Domain of Death already separates the two realms, what was the need for the other additional barrier?
Domain being in between doesn't prevent dimensional travel.
Remember how easily Atlas jumped and grabbed Helios like he was some sort of lunch money?

In DMC Viel is a seal, a net. Same here.
It's supposed to cage the Titans inside the Tartarus.

Domain being in between doesn't prevent dimensional travel.
Remember how easily Atlas jumped and grabbed Helios like he was some sort of lunch money?
Ah.

In DMC Viel is a seal, a net. Same here.
It's supposed to cage the Titans inside the Tartarus.
I see. But, what do you get for destroying such a seal? Surely can't be AP since the realms involved are already separate.

He down bad. Unless you involve Nyx, then she's an even worse jobber done dirty (In the actual myth she's powerful enough to scare Zeus shitless).
Lmfao. GoW Nyx scaling below chariot man. Myth Nyx straight up gave Zeus the angry mom treatment after he went after Hypnos.

Ares unironically gets a glow up considering how much he jobs in mythology.

btw if it wasn't already confirmed Sigrun is superior to Baldur, Kratos refers to her in Ragnarok as the most lethal opponent he and Atreus had to deal with back in 2018

btw if it wasn't already confirmed Sigrun is superior to Baldur, Kratos refers to her in Ragnarok as the most lethal opponent he and Atreus had to deal with back in 2018
She really built different. Hope we make a profile for her.

Edit: Nvm, lol. We already have it. But it's quality leaves a lot to be desired.

One question: why aren't these feats on gow profiles?
In god of war 1 or 2 novel (i forget in which one) it is stated that zeus shook "the foundation of the world" or something like that. This is clearly meant as universe shaking feat for zeus just by being angry. Poseidon is also stated to be "the earth shaker" and shakes the earth just by being angry.

One question: why aren't these feats on gow profiles?
In god of war 1 or 2 novel (i forget in which one) it is stated that zeus shook "the foundation of the world" or something like that. This is clearly meant as universe shaking feat for zeus just by being angry. Poseidon is also stated to be "the earth shaker" and shakes the earth just by being angry.
Poseidon's feat will be added soon. In fact, Kratos shaking the World with Atlas Quake is also in for the works.

But Zeus's dialogue I have seen people claim is not in the game which they say is a contradiction due to it being secondary canon or so. Though TBF I never bought that idea, given that there's a cut between Kratos saying that the Sisters are dead and the part where Zeus then tells Kratos he won't repeat the same mistake ever again. The dialogue comes immediately after Kratos says it.

Iliad 14.249–61 disagrees LOL
I mean, you can argue that's super inconsistent. Nyx in mythology dosen't get other feats/statements on that level before and after that. Zeus in titanomachy literally impressed chaos. And is consistently depicted as THE strongest being in greek mythology. He was literally seen as THE god.

Poseidon's feat will be added soon. In fact, Kratos shaking the World with Atlas Quake is also in for the works.

But Zeus's dialogue I have seen people claim is not in the game which they say is a contradiction due to it being secondary canon or so. Though TBF I never bought that idea, given that there's a cut between Kratos saying that the Sisters are dead and the part where Zeus then tells Kratos he won't repeat the same mistake ever again. The dialogue comes immediately after Kratos says it.
Ok, but i think just because that didn't happen in the game shouldn't invalidate that feat tho.

I mean, you can argue that's super inconsistent. Nyx in mythology dosen't get other feats/statements on that level before and after that. Zeus in titanomachy literally impressed chaos. And is consistently depicted as THE strongest being in greek mythology. He was literally seen as THE god.
Also, there is NO WAY nyx is stronger that chaos in actual mythology.

Ok, but i think just because that didn't happen in the game shouldn't invalidate that feat tho.
I get you, it's not like I discard the idea either, besides, the dialogue could be easily set during that cut in the game I guess.

Yeah, Kratos be shaking just the Earth portion with Atlas Quake.

Though given the chaos the Great War caused where it forged the Mortal World's landscape from the Underworld alone, IDK, the range could be much higher.

Yeah, Kratos be shaking just the Earth portion with Atlas Quake.

Though given the chaos the Great War caused where it forged the Mortal World's landscape from the Underworld alone, IDK, the range could be much higher.
One question: IF zeus' world shaking feat is added, could that be infinite speed for his rage?

And this could also give him universal range.

One question: IF zeus' world shaking feat is added, could that be infinite speed for his rage?
Nah. The shaking just happens everywhere, it's not like an explosive shockwave that expands outwards.

And this could also give him universal range.
Kinda redundant because he threatens Ares that he can strike him regardless of where he moves around. Which would automatically give Zeus interdimensional range because of Ares' portal BFR shenanigans, plus he's way superior to his brothers and the rest of the Olympians so there's that, and there's also him scaling above the entire Titan race whose combat literally reached the Mortal World from Tartarus.

Nah. The shaking just happens everywhere, it's not like an explosive shockwave that expands outwards.

Kinda redundant because he threatens Ares that he can strike him regardless of where he moves around. Which would automatically give Zeus interdimensional range because of Ares' portal BFR shenanigans, plus he's way superior to his brothers and the rest of the Olympians so there's that, and there's also him scaling above the entire Titan race whose combat literally reached the Mortal World from Tartarus.
Interesting

Is there any other impressive feats in the novels?

Also, wasn't it stated atlas can hold the heavens with one hand in second novel?

I just seen a youtube comment that said Kratos maybe is gonna be Odr (pronounced “Oh-der,” from Old Norse Óðr, “ecstasy, inspiration, fury, frenzy;” sometimes shortened to Óð or “Od”) who was the husband of Freya in Norse myth that produces two daughters with her named Gersemi and Hnoss. Apparently in Norse mythology, his role was unknown and he is known for traveling around the world with not many details as to where he goes or does. Since they made Freya and Frigg the same person in God of War this might've been a planned development between the two if it happens.

In God of War Freya hates being called Frigg because that's what Odin calls her and Odr is known as Freya's first husband in Norse mythology so they might be saying "Odin was Frigg's husband but Kratos/Odr was Freya's first true husband" or some shit like that.

I just seen a youtube comment that said Kratos maybe is gonna be Odr (pronounced “Oh-der,” from Old Norse Óðr, “ecstasy, inspiration, fury, frenzy;” sometimes shortened to Óð or “Od”) who was the husband of Freya in Norse myth that produces two daughters with her named Gersemi and Hnoss. Apparently in Norse mythology, his role was unknown and he is known for traveling around the world with not many details as to where he goes or does. Since they made Freya and Frigg the same person in God of War this might've been a planned development between the two if it happens.

In God of War Freya hates being called Frigg because that's what Odin calls her and Odr is known as Freya's first husband in Norse mythology so they might be saying "Odin was Frigg's husband but Kratos/Odr was Freya's first true husband" or some shit like that.
Kratos is already farbauti though.

Back