• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

The 9 realms individually have infinite possibilities. Anything you imagine is present in the realms as an alternate timeline.

VISIONS AFTER REST (one of Kvasir's poem in GoW : R):-

Visions after rest
Lay in wait for explorers
Crafted by the imps
And filled with magic, joy or horror.
Among these fanciful realms,
Lie endless creation
And possibilities where the limit
Is one's own imagination.

Now I know this is a reference to Dreams, a PlayStation exclusive game (just like all of Kvasir's poem). But we can't ignore the fact that it's indeed talking about the realms of the Norse World (hence the statement "these fancy realms", and not "those fancy realms). I think that this is usable.

We cannot use references to other works for scaling, even if they're deliberately ambiguous to avoid outright 4th Wall Breaks. And the fact that you're pedantic about the syntax aside, "these realms" is most likely used due to the poem being written from the perspective of being within the game setting being referenced.

We cannot use references to other works for scaling, even if they're deliberately ambiguous to avoid outright 4th Wall Breaks. And the fact that you're pedantic about the syntax aside, "these realms" is most likely used due to the poem being written from the perspective of being within the game setting being referenced.
Aight, thanks. Such a shame though.

Yea. Kratos straight up tells Ratatoskr he traveled from Greece to Midgard. Someone posted the link to it earlier today. Ratatoskr asked if Greece had a world tree and Kratos said no. Ratatoskr was so amazed and said no wonder he was able to travel to another realm which makes it seem like the Norse mythology has a special restriction when it comes to traveling to other mythologies.

Correction: Ratatoskr was wondering how Kratos traveled from realm to realm in the Greek world and he said "by foot or by sea" in relation to going to different realms in the Greek World. But Kratos does repeatedly imply he simply traveled from Greece to Midgard by boat and foot in Ragnarok.
dimensional travel by boat and foot

IMG_5934.png

The 9 realms individually have infinite possibilities. Anything you imagine is present in the realms as an alternate timeline.

VISIONS AFTER REST (one of Kvasir's poem in GoW : R):-

Visions after rest
Lay in wait for explorers
Crafted by the imps
And filled with magic, joy or horror.
Among these fanciful realms,
Lie endless creation
And possibilities where the limit
Is one's own imagination.

Now I know this is a reference to Dreams, a PlayStation exclusive game (just like all of Kvasir's poem). But we can't ignore the fact that it's indeed talking about the realms of the Norse World (hence the statement "these fancy realms", and not "those fancy realms). I think that this is usable.
Nope, can't be used, just a reference to another PS exclusive game. Horizon is also an easter egg.

True
Wouldn’t mind getting some of the older sets back tho, or some kind of armour reflecting the Berserkers
God Armor from GOW2 when

Aegis of Zeus from GOW3 when

Golden Fleece when

Salon for Kratos and Mimir's beard, Atreus's hair and Freya's hair when

I’d suggest an at most rating tbh

He’s able to hurt characters like Odin but is also consistently shown as sub Kratos, his bear is just outright 2-C tho
Yeah, I agree with an At Most rating for Atreus in Base, flat-out 2-C in Bear Mode.

Wait, I got that interaction.

So the Novel is retconned?
Pretty sure Ratatoskr was talking about travel to the other realms within the Greek Pantheon, not the Pantheon-to-Pantheon travel system. The devs have made separations between "geographical divides" (Pantheon borders) and "realms" countless times. I think Ratatoskr is more so shocked that the Greek Pantheon doesn't have a travel system like Yggdrasil which has Bifrost and shit to make realm travel easier (Whereas Greek Pantheon's own custom countries are traversible by land or sea, but actual realm-to-realm travel requires BFR or Portals, like Domain of Death, Nyx's Dimension and Underworld). For the Norse travel part we don't know how the hooded figure and the Wolves did it. Maybe via the Unity Stone if they allied with Tyr which really seems like the only possible explanation.

Funnily enough, Kratos falls downwards into the Domain of Death to get back to Mortal Greece but the Mortal World is stacked upwards of it (Domain of Death is nestled between the Underworld and Mortal World), further evidence for some weird wacky BFR shenanigan going on. And once you fall into the Underworld, you're not coming back unless you got Hades' powers or Hyperion Gates. Or Zeus bails your ass out. Or you use those holes for the Chain of Balance that goes through the fabric of space. Or if you use that weird hole near the Island of Creation which most likely operates on the same basis because it's near a wacky island.

God Armor from GOW2 when
The closest thing we got was Tyr's armor, and even then it still wasn't as raw.

Aegis of Zeus from GOW3 when
This too. I wish they could bring back armluts.
Golden Fleece when
The Dwarves could have easily repaired it. I wish they'd bring it back. Or something like it.
Salon for Kratos and Mimir's beard, Atreus's hair and Freya's hair when
Natural hair Growth system like RDR2
Pretty sure Ratatoskr was talking about travel to the other realms within the Greek Pantheon, not the Pantheon-to-Pantheon travel system. The devs have made separations between "geographical divides" (Pantheon borders) and "realms" countless times. I think Ratatoskr is more so shocked that the Greek Pantheon doesn't have a travel system like Yggdrasil which has Bifrost and shit to make realm travel easier (Whereas Greek Pantheon's own custom countries are traversible by land or sea, but actual realm-to-realm travel requires BFR or Portals, like Domain of Death, Nyx's Dimension and Underworld). For the Norse travel part we don't know how the hooded figure and the Wolves did it. Maybe via the Unity Stone if they allied with Tyr which really seems like the only possible explanation.

Funnily enough, Kratos falls downwards into the Domain of Death to get back to Mortal Greece but the Mortal World is stacked upwards of it (Domain of Death is nestled between the Underworld and Mortal World), further evidence for some weird wacky BFR shenanigan going on. And once you fall into the Underworld, you're not coming back unless you got Hades' powers or Hyperion Gates. Or Zeus bails your ass out. Or you use those holes for the Chain of Balance that goes through the fabric of space. Or if you use that weird hole near the Island of Creation which most likely operates on the same basis because it's near a wacky island.
Ah

Definitely absorption, could be sealing depending on the context behind the thing Kratos's using to absorb said creature, such as an implication that things which are absorbed by it are housed inside it, are locked away etc. Basically anything which would imply somesort of sealing happening.
So is that monster that chewing the branches of Yggdrasil ?

So sealing for Norse kratos ? Greek kratos does not have sealing ability which is perfect opportunity to give kratos new ability.
bump.

also aren't those monsters able to bypass odin's nine realms seals ?? So the fact that tool able to seals those monsters, it's impressive feat.

bump.

also aren't those monsters able to bypass odin's nine realms seals ?? So the fact that tool able to seals those monsters, it's impressive feat.
Realm tears. Shit that shouldn't exist but do because Kratos and Atreus have a reputation of bringing death and chaos wherever they go.

So i was wondering something, do the Furies have any better feats other than the pocket realm creating one?
Nah. The next closest feat they got is Alecto in her Kraken form violently pulling down the Bell of Apollo that shakes the surrounding area. Tier 8 at best, that. Though it was utterly casual.

Back