• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Concepts of War and Fear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well everyone knows difference between Soul NPI and Soul Manip right??
I hope you guys do....cuz similar logic applies to concepts.

For Kratos:-
●Resistance Negation.(Conceptual Type 2):-(Can negate his own immunities to Evils and release Hope back to mankind by by trying to kill himself)
Wasn't this refuted earlier?
Immortality Type 5 and 8 Negation :- (Hope is superior to Flame of Olympus which can kill Pandora who is niether dead nor Alive. Also killed Zeus)
Being more powerful doesn't necessitate being able to do everything better so the justification with Pandora should be removed.

Type 5 for pandora is as Planck said, unfounded. If he gets type 5 negation, it should be because he killed death itself. Type 8 negation is situational.

Just relative to pandora. I'd assume that the personification/concept of death would have type 5 immortality. If not then it doesn't matter.

Yes

tbh, kratos could get type 5 negation for killing thanatos anyway. Type 8 revolves around removing said concept the person is attached to that gives them type 8. This NEEDS to be clarified imo.
Why does Thanatos have Type 5?
We see other Primordial entities aren't above death since many of them died in the War and Cronos killed Ouranus

Because they either became one with their concepts to fully create reality, or got overthrown by the titan, and then the Gods.
Ex. Ceto<Oceanus<Poseidon
Hyperion<Helios
ect. ect. The next generation of deities replacing the old is well established.

I mean them birthing aspects of the world feels dodgy when they are confirmed to have died doing it.

I also can't recall statements of them being above death and them being replaced doesn't feel like great evidence

They are never confirmed to have ever died. They are confirmed to have been all equal, all the primordials during the primordial war which raged on for eons and eons. Some primordials came out on top of other narratively (Uranus, cycle of patricide) but saying they died would be the exact same as saying Uranus died when Ceto punched him.

I- completely forgot to reply it, sorry, but I'm still againts to it, I don't see how's that resistance to Immortality negation and he doesn't negate his own immortality when the Hope itself leave his body, where his immortality reliant to

They are never confirmed to have ever died.
It's very clearly the implication there tho.
The Primordials except for Ouranus and Khaos aren't referenced outside of this cutscene and Thanatos along with Nyx aren't referenced in the War of the Primordials.

I also kinda want to hear the evidence for the Primordials living on via their concepts (especially with Cronos who is implied heavily to be dead)
They are confirmed to have been all equal, all the primordials during the primordial war which raged on for eons and eons. Some primordials came out on top of other narratively (Uranus, cycle of patricide) but saying they died would be the exact same as saying Uranus died when Ceto punched him.
The difference is Uranus is regularly referenced as surviving this; Ceto is not

Uranus is a direct narrative plot line and device in an extremely linear plot of games. Implication is naught cause that's just speculation, the exact same implication that Uranus died in the primordial war for many years on this same wiki. Ceto<Oceanus<Poseidon. With WoG backing the fact the primordials were overthrown by the titans.)
Thanatos along with Nyx aren't referenced in the War of the Primordials.
The Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.
this argument is pointless. Is the titanomachy not about the titans? We know both nyx and thanatos were both primordials, so of course they took part in the primordial war. This thread is being massively derailed.
I agree with @ATalentedMaid kratos doesn't negate his own immortality (he's still living) and he was legitimately trying to kill himself+ willfully gave the concept of hope to humanity to live without the Gods.

Primordials living on via their concepts (especially with Cronos who is implied heavily to be dead)
Authority of Cronos over time was ceded over to Fates.
Fates were killed by Kratos...

At the end of GoW3. Kratos freed all aspects of reality from Gods and returned everything to normal.
Giving Hope to Mankind.
Thats blatant plot of the entire series.

I- completely forgot to reply it, sorry, but I'm still againts to it, I don't see how's that resistance to Immortality negation and he doesn't negate his own immortality when the Hope itself leave his body, where his immortality reliant to
If that is the case.
Then
Norse Kratos need his Immortality Type 8.

Kratos gave hope to humanity, he lost his type 8. There's a statement he has a sliver left from where he fully merged with said concept, but a sliver isn't enough to grant immortality. Cory has said directly kratos is a God, and is immortal in a developer interview. That's all we can go off of.

Because they either became one with their concepts to fully create reality, or got overthrown by the titan, and then the Gods.
Ex. Ceto<Oceanus<Poseidon
Hyperion<Helios
ect. ect. The next generation of deities replacing the old is well established.
That isn't Type 5 Immortality though.

Kratos gave hope to humanity, he lost his type 8. There's a statement he has a sliver left from where he fully merged with said concept, but a sliver isn't enough to grant immortality. Cory has said directly kratos is a God, and is immortal in a developer interview. That's all we can go off of.
Well, some legitimate explanation should be given why he ressurects anyways....without going to underworld.

Well, if shenanigans regarding Immortality negation type 8 and type 5 is refused.

We can start applying stuff that is accepted.

Cyber's OP, My 70% accepted proposal, and Obi's proposal, Maid's AE2 for Kratos.

Last edited:
How exactly would we define Zeus' power as clairvoyance over precognition? Cause he knew exactly how, when, where kratos would die an entire week before kratos died, and even planned the entire week before to allow kratos to get out of the underworld.

Last edited:
Clairvoyance would still be true by the way, since he is still aware of events beyond his vision , and other dimensions.

Precognition is true for reasons Obi stated.

How exactly would we define Zeus' power as clairvoyance over precognition? Cause he knew exactly how, when, where kratos would die an entire week before kratos died, and even planned the entire week before to allow kratos to get out of the underworld.
I checked; I mean Clairvoyance can give precognition from its page. I guess the feat could be written as precognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back