• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Glass Cannon Showdown: Oracle vs Heaven Ascension DIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that's not being immune. It's just resistance.

We never treated a 100% magic resistance in a game as an immunity

If you can effect someone with an ability who is immune (resistent) to it just means yours is more potent.

Unless it's stated to be resistance negation. Like if someone said "My powers break past or ignore your resistences".

Kaltias said:
No, that's not being immune. It's just resistance.
We never treated a 100% magic resistance in a game as an immunity
100% magic resist grants you spell immunity. Spells won't have an effect on you and only a few spells that can go through spell immunity can affect you.

Yes. That's not immunity.

That's just being resistant to the point where that particular spell doesn't work.

Immunity means that the potency of the hax is completely irrelevant and it won't work period

@Weekly

I'm not saying that resistance negation isn't legit. I'm saying that "Spell immunity" is just good resistance.

Even against DIO we can say that Nerif can see the moments of his defeats and win. If Nerif uses 'Fate's Edict then DIO would not be able to attack him, losing his chance of making contact with him.

Because precog isnt affected by acausality, Dio can still be paradoxed, and Oracle is entirely capable of fate maniping himself instead of his opponent

But from what I know Acausality protects you from Precog, Fate Manip, Causality Manip,etc because Acausal characters don't have a future or a past and exist only in the present. So how can Precog, an ability to see the future, help in viewing something whose future doesn't exists???

Acausality doesnt protect you from precog, fate manip and causality yes but not precog. Being acausal doesnt mean you only exist in the present it just means you cant attacks someone in the past and have it damage or kill them in the present, acausal characters are unaffected by attacks reliant on cause and effect and changes to the past.

Oracle is able to use fate manip on himself in order to bypass this as well as having causality manipulating abilities that are able to affect people with a resistance to causality manipulating and the ability to destroy Dio's mind by making him experience being simultaneously existent and nonexistent an infinite number of times over

Sorry my dude but HA Dio is cocky to the point that he wouldnt instantly lead with timestop, he's in character here so he would lead with scoffing at Oracle for even thinking of challenging him and his godly power

Causality Manipulation Working on Beings resistant to Causality Manipulation doesn't mean it'll work on beings unbound by Cause and Effect. It just means that it's just powerful enough to bypass that resistance.

Though the mind manip will work so I'll vote for Oracle.

Lancer45Man said:
But from what I know Acausality protects you from Precog, Fate Manip, Causality Manip,etc because Acausal characters don't have a future or a past and exist only in the present.
That depends entirely from the level of acausality.

Someone like, idk, Ultimate Kriemhild Gretche would nope Oracle's precog because her acausality literally includes not existing on a scale of infinite timelines, which is Oracle's level of precog.

Pretty sure that DIO doesn't have anything like that tho

Wait.... If he resists GER, then why it isn't Resistance to Causality Manipulation rather than Acausality?? I mean for Acausality you'd need statements or feats of being Above or Transcending Cause and Effect. Simply resisting Causality Manipulation imo doesn't get you Acausality.

He shouldnt have acausality, resisting GER doesnt mean you have acausality. Plus the fact that he has a blatant weakness to being paradoxed means he's not acausal.

WeeklyBattles said:
Resisting GER doesnt mean youre acausal btw, Jorge Joestar Dio had the same thing and it was removed for the same reason
Jorge Joestar Dio didn't even fight Giorno. Lephyr debunked that wank. Even then it still wouldn't be Acausality.

Well IIRC, when Diavolo used Epitaph to see into the future, he saw King Crimson punching Giorno through the chest, but GER negated that.

Idk. It's a point brought up periodically, everyone always agrees that it's resistance, but no one bothers editing it

@Kalt Do you wanna make the CRT or should I? Or do we even need a CRT if this has been discussed before?

GER negated the actions that Diavolo was gonna take and reversed everything. Giorno or GER aren't even Acausal to begin with so dunno why you brought that Epitaph stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back