• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giorno's AP upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This explains it all.

Conclusion: Gio is Street Level

Agreed: Chariot, Oblivion, Infinite, Migue, Just, Armor, Manu, Zencha, Bern

Disagreed: Efi

Last edited:
I'm obviously ok with it.
Either way he's some degree of street regardless of the exact number and 2 mods gave the low end a pass.

I don't see the jump in the manga. And don't tag AP for this, this isn't changing the AP page, one may as see tag all the powers added in a CRT that adds many of them by the same logic.

He's already there by the time we see him and it's easier to say he climbed. This is wrong.

He's already there by the time we see him and it's easier to say he climbed. This is wrong.
Except the anime shows he very clearly jumped and it's not at all contradicted by the manga? Not to mention Araki actually had some supervising roles for the Part 5 anime opposed to previous parts.
In fact, it's heavily implied in the manga as to being what happened as well, probably why the anime shows it being he leaped.

And he most certainly didn't spend whatever time you're imply he took to climb it, let alone the fact, it's literally a vertical wall that one literally can't climb so you don't have the benefit of occam's razer to fall back on, and he isn't shown coming from the back where there's a slope even in the manga, so climbing is out of the question. Not to mention he immediately after proceeds to jump off it and ends up again, on a high ass structure he didn't have time to climb either. Hell, pixel scaling the arch of the jumps they took would probably get peak to street anyway. (And Narancia already has a thing for leaping around when told to scout so it's even in character for him, he does it with Bruno, then he does it again after this).

Hard disagree here Efi, climbing a 90 degree vertical surface is bordering on impossible without holds, there's no indication of a time cut and the anime shows explicitly what happened in that instant, that being he just jumped.

Last edited:
The anime have a lot of info based on the manga and also helps us clarify what the manga doesn't show.

Last edited:
If the event from the Manga happens the same way (or even just very similarly) as in the Anime, then I say this checks out.

If the event from the Manga happens the same way (or even just very similarly) as in the Anime, then I say this checks out.
It's mostly that case. The anime never changed the story except expand the backgrounds and what the manga never said.

It's mostly that case. The anime never changed the story except expand the backgrounds and what the manga never said.
Hell, I'd be against using the anime even if it did change the background, I like sticking to the manga. Only reason why I'm on board with it here is because 1. It's a real structure, it's not made up, you could even go see it yourself if you go to Italy (And I'm not talking about the colosseum as a whole, even the thing he jumps on exists irl). So whatever is more consistent is more accurate (And the manga is all over, it ranges from unrealistically small, to unrealistically big within panels of each other).

And 2. The anime didn't even change anything. Giorno jumped in both, the only difference is he did the leap before the chapter started in the manga and in the anime it showed it because it's not like the episode ends right there, the anime just shows said jump instead of cutting it, but it still happened as far as we know in both.

Especially because the alternatives for how he got up there simply don't exist. He couldn't of used a Stand, his Stand was scouting at the time and his Stand isn't suited to boosting, it's a tiny plane, it wouldn't have been able to get him up there nor would it have been able to pull him unlike say, Crazy Diamond or Star Platinum or Gold Experience.

He couldn't of climbed because, well, there's nothing to climb on? It's a 90 degree wall, he ain't Spiderman nor does he have Hamon.

Just use Aerosmith like Snake's Cypher in smash bros gg

But yeah I guess this makes sense

What about this issue?
There isn't a issue. He simply didn't climb it. Unless he's suddenly Spiderman and can climb 90 degree vertical surfaces without aid and at such a speed it's played out to have happened within a mere sentence, which isn't the case needless to say.
Not that it really matters, anime shows how he got up there, and he jumped, which is consistent with what do we know with the manga, there's no contradiction in play here and the Part 5 anime isn't exactly one for filler and what little things to get added, have a precedent of being canon scenes that Araki had involvement in, so either way. (And the only thing added in this entire sequence is showing he got up there, which is a jump that doesn't even take up a second of screentime).

I mean, there are bricks, it's perfectly feasible to climb that.

Another thing I should add to this, if we want to somehow say he spent time climbing a practically impossible surface, he wouldn't of done so to begin with.
Someone like Mista would have just had the pistols check the second floor for the body, but that isn't what happened, the scene is played out to be like
"Narancia check the second floor"
"Ok. Yeah there's a body here"
I highly doubt they'd just stand there and wait for Narancia to struggle climbing a wall for who knows how long if he didn't get there to check within like, a instant when at that point anyone else there would have been better off checking instead of him, especially because that implies Pol just stopped talking in the middle of his exposition for awhile, all the while they were all in a slight panic and knew they had to act in haste because Diavolo was somewhere around them, the arrow was gone and Bruno was who the **** knows where.

I mean, there are bricks, it's perfectly feasible to climb that.

With like a half cm deep incline between that rounds out making it even more difficult to climb? Using anything for his feet would be out of the question, they physically can not fit in, on, or between a single one.
Which leaves him climbing using just his finger tips, I'd unironically be more impressed if Narancia could climb a wall like that with just the finger tips with only about the very, very, tips of his fingers while having to let go with one arm every time he wants to get just a tad higher up.
Though that's redundant, we don't need to guess how or how fast he got up there, because the anime shows us how?

Never said it would be easy, but it's clearly possible. And I don't disagree that there's enough evidence for a jump, but it's definitely possible to climb

I mean, I guess it technically is possible in a vacuum.
But is it possible to do it within about, well a few seconds given the context and situation, without any training, and so on? I'd wager not. And when we have pretty straightforward showing from the Part 5 anime, a mere one second addition, to an episode that adds absolutely nothing besides that, I'm inclined to think it's there not to pad, tweak or whatever but just to go "hey he leaped lol".
Besides, the manga actually does show that Narancia hops around like a little gremlin when told to scout, for some reason, so it's in character at least, as odd as that may be.

There isn't a issue. He simply didn't climb it. Unless he's suddenly Spiderman and can climb 90 degree vertical surfaces without aid and at such a speed it's played out to have happened within a mere sentence, which isn't the case needless to say.
Not that it really matters, anime shows how he got up there, and he jumped, which is consistent with what do we know with the manga, there's no contradiction in play here and the Part 5 anime isn't exactly one for filler and what little things to get added, have a precedent of being canon scenes that Araki had involvement in, so either way. (And the only thing added in this entire sequence is showing he got up there, which is a jump that doesn't even take up a second of screentime).
Okay. I think that this can probably be applied then.

Do I need to unlock the page for you to edit?

Was this in the manga?
Yes and no? It happened, but off panel. The anime just shows the fact he jumped to get atop there, though the manga skips the jump and shows him on top gathering his ground when the chapter starts.
He'd of had to jump up in the manga either way though given the context and the structure in question.

So no but technically yes. The feat exists in both canons, it's just off screen with only the end result of him having already jumped being shown, the anime just shows that he did indeed jump if it wasn't obvious he did so in the manga.

I have unlocked it. Tell us here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back