• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giorno vs Tracy Strauss (GioGio's Bizarre Adventure)

I choose you, Dargoo Faust!

Giorno Giovanna (Gold Experience) vs Ghia... Tracy Strauss

Both have a good understanding of ALL of each others abilities, fight takes places on a blocked off highway overpass while they stand 10m apart from each other. Speed equalized.

SBA

Giorno: TriforcePower1

Tracy: DargooFaust, Ciruno Fortes

Inconclusive:

Giorno Giovanna (Anime)
"I - Giorno Giovanna... have a dream!"

Tracy Strauss Heroes
"I've got time to kill, little boy."

(Ghiaccio is on call with the boss, he's on his way but it'll be a few hours)

I'm gonna pass it off back to you, what are ways the government (or any team of people) could kill or incap Tracy? Was she ever really defeated in her show?

I'm wondering if she's killable by non-supernatural means, regardless if she'll let you achieve said means.

For one, freezing Giorno solid or wrapping around and drowning him.

She was technically never defeated after she unlocked the water mimicry aspect of her power but was sort of sidelined by the plot.

No I meant what are ways a person could dispose of Tracy?

If I evaporated her would that not count as an incap? I mean she's stuck in the clouds and is in a form of matter she never demonstrated control of.

I suppose vaporizing her entire body at once would work, but if there's even a small bit of it left she could just produce more water and reform herself.

What about Golden Experience's life force punches? Do you think they'd cause her to go on a crazy trip or would she be immune?

And can she move while she's using Gently Weeps?

Not really. Her body isn't organic as much as it is a bunch of water imitating the appearance of a human body. So the mechanics behind the lifeforce punches wouldn't apply to her.

You mean when she freezes everything in her radius? We don't see her use that after she gains water mimicry so I'm not sure.

WWhen she used it the first time she also froze herself in place, although when shattered she melted and reformed herself.

Then again she could move parts of her body post-water mimicry even when they were solid ice so she can probably move while using it.

Well, there is a difference between me moving my completely frozen arm, and me trying to move my completely frozen body.

I think she has to undo gently weeps if she wants to move again, though she can probably reduce the undone radius to the extent of her general surroundings, little advantage to Giorno on that one if any.

Here's what I think and tell me if I'm crazy: Giorno baits her into a factory or some kind of building that has an incinerator (keep in mind he's crafty and smart so this is possible) and traps her inside of one (whether by tricking her into crawling in or simply punching her in fast enough) and then turns it on.

Boom, incinerator like thisstarts kicking up and before you know it Tracy is incapacitated for at least an hour, but probably far far longer.

HierophantDeluxe said:
Also, what's stopping Giorno from punching her and turning her into an organic material? Is that not transmutation?
Has Giorno ever done that to straight-up water?

The only time water was really involved was with Ghiaccio AFAIK, and he couldn't because the water was too cold to produce any significant life.

That being said, he's done it with far more organic materials (his teeth) and far less organic materials (a cinderblock) so I wouldn't say there's any property about water persay that excludes him from transmuting it. Water is the source of all life, after all.

Tracy can control her own temperature and even when she isn't aware of it stuff touching her freezes on contact. So GE would punch her, have its fist frozen, and thus make it too cold to produce any sort of animal.

I saw the compiltation of all of her powers and she only freezes unintentonally, not stuff she isn't necessarily aware of.

It's the difference between her freezing someone she's holding hands with, and freezing someone who discreetly touches her.

No she doesn't, probably because she can't move as an ice sculpture. That and she doesn't want to freeze everything constantly.

>Giorno

>SBA

lol

On a more serious note, I highly doubt her first reaction to suddenly getting punched by an invisible ghost is to turn herself into ice and effectively losing her "Logia Intangibility".

Which means Giorno should be able to transform her into a living being with his life punches, even if his objective was to simply override her senses.

HierophantDeluxe said:
I saw the compiltation of all of her powers and she only freezes unintentonally, not stuff she isn't necessarily aware of.
Uh, no. She actively freezes people here and here. She can control her powers pretty well when she wants to use them to kill someone; it's just trying not to kill people that gives her trouble.

TriforcePower1 said:
Which means Giorno should be able to transform her into a living being with his life punches, even if his objective was to simply override her senses.
This happens if Giorno attempts to touch her. Especially if she's actively trying to kill him.

Yeah that's her accidentally using her powers on someone.

What you're suggesting is her using her powers on an unknown attacker.

The two aren't the same is my point. You're accidentally activating your powers on an object you're focused on in one, the other you're unconciously activating your powers on objects you are not focused on.

I doubt Giorno himself would try to touch her.

If you're talking about Gold Experience... well you know how hardcore Giorno can get. He lobs his own arms off before the temperature affects the rest of his body too much. He then replaces them with inanimate objects in a painful experience after the fight is over.

And if she can be speed blitzed by that super speed guy, my guess is she can be blitzed by an invisible attacker as well (only this time she can't eventually grab him).

So... I've read the profile. And she doesn't have anything that let's her affect Stands. So Gold Experience punches her once and he's completely fine because she can't affect Stands, while she gets trasformed into a fish. Voting Giorno

HierophantDeluxe said:
And if she can be speed blitzed by that super speed guy, my guess is she can be blitzed by an invisible attacker as well (only this time she can't eventually grab him).
Speed is equal though.

Also the guy wasn't directly touching her, as GER/Giorno would be.

Stands still suffer the consequences of whatever object they touch. Star Platinum cannot just cup a handful of lava and be unaffected.

Same goes here, Gold Experience hits her and then his arms quickly freeze over as it spreads to the rest of his body.

When I meant blitzed, I was talking in a visibility aspect. As in you can't fight what you can't see so you just get your shit wrecked.

HierophantDeluxe said:
Stands still suffer the consequences of whatever object they touch. Star Platinum cannot just cup a handful of lava and be unaffected.

Same goes here, Gold Experience hits her and then his arms quickly freeze over as it spreads to the rest of his body.
Oh, that's new. Where does it come from? Legit asking.

It's called "selective" intangibility for a reason.

If you want your Stand to not touch the lightning blast then good for you. But if you want them to touch the lightning blast... be prepared to suffer the consequences.

HierophantDeluxe said:
When I meant blitzed, I was talking in a visibility aspect. As in you can't fight what you can't see so you just get your shit wrecked.
I'd imagine she'd catch on to it before Giorno attempts to turn her water into something living. Even if he tried doing that it would probably make her panic and freeze herself/stuff around her, which would make it too cold for his stand to continue doing its thing.

HierophantDeluxe said:
It's called "selective" intangibility for a reason.

If you want your Stand to not touch the lightning blast then good for you. But if you want them to touch the lightning blast... be prepared to suffer the consequences.
Yeah, but is it supported in-verse? Because I don't remember something like that being even remotely implied. Also, they're non-corporeals, technically.

Then Giorno retreats for the moment and comes back a couple episodes later with a can of body spray and a lighter.

Tracy's all like, "Really? You're going to do this again? Idiot!" and then Giorno throws himself towards her with GE throwing punches at her shit.

She counters by activating her gently weeps and freezes the entire area around her leaving Giorno with a problem unless he transmutes her really quickly, "But you can't because I'm frozen you dumbass!"

"Not for long... I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!"

And then he just has his Stand take the lighter and can of body spray and lights her shit up until he can effectively turn her into a living organism, thus incapacitating her.

@TriforcePower1 yes, the very introduction of Stands teaches us that they choose which objects they want to interact with.

Star Platinum and Magician's Red phase through the prison bar and have a physical tussleup. Later on Star Platinum grabs said prison bars and threatens to use them as a weapon.

They're intangible when it's beneficial to the user, hence selective intangibility. But if Jotaro wants Star Platinum to scoop up lava... that's his problem. Star Platinum is not resistant enough to just pick lava up no problem.

Star Platinum should still be able to handle lava with his 8-C Durability though ovo

While I'm unconvinced, it doesn't really change much. Gold Experience punches, worst case scenario he cuts off his arm and recreates a new one. This is even assuming she can react to an invisible ghost punching her.

Those are some seriously cool freezing powers. Even if Heroes gets a bad flak I might continue watching post-Season 1 after all.

Anyway, this would be more of a toss up without prep but prep is granted for both. I can tell that they're gonna use their abilities to the fullest.

That said I think I'm kinda bias to the AOE ice freeze. There's a bit of a range advantage and an AOE attack is useful against Stand users. With Tracy knowing she can affect Giorno by affecting his Stand. It doesn't mean Giorno is gonna be easy to handle though, he'll use his environment to his advantage definitely. But it feels more like Tracy has a higher likelihood of winning.

Tracy FRA

Prep isn't granted for either, just knowledge of each others abilities. Like they both know what each other can do but weren't necessarily planning on running into each other.

Back