• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giorno Giovanna vs Notorious B.I.G.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Let's just say, during the events of part 6, while Giorno is supposed to be heading to Florida, his boat encounters Notorious B.I.G, and he ends up on a deserted island after the boat's destruction. Notorious B.I.G makes it onto land, following something that had just washed up on shore, the arrow. Giorno then pierces Gold Experience with the arrow to finally get rid of Notorious B.I.G once and for all....

Victory Conditions: Any

GER is active

Giorno Giovanna - 0

Notorious B.I.G. - 0

Inconclusive - 0

Also, Notorious B.I.G.'s abilities are passive, meaning it should be able to act while GER is active, just before someone says this is a stomp due to Notorious B.I.G not being acausal

So why GER explanation say he can erases effect?

whereas King Crimson erases the "cause" and keeps the "effect" (i.e time where a bullet would hit him is erased, causing the bullet to warp past him), Requiem keeps the "cause" but erases the "effect",

Passive or active still have effect.

Because it's usually seen as an opposite to King Crimson, which is seen as removing the cause and keeping the effect

It really just negates actions by making people's will to act zero, making them unable to act

If the ability is passive, reducing the will to act will not effect the abilities as it has never made a decision to act out of it's own will

Basically, the CAUSE of the action is the will to make the action, which is what GER negates, therefore negating the effect, which is the action

As Notorious B.I.G. only has passive abilities, there is no action to make, as it does not act on it's own, it just copies the speed of whatever it's after and tries to assimilate it into itself, the only action one could argue that Notorious B.I.G. makes is it's possession ability

I know this is old.....

Notorious B.I.G. Will keep attacking since GER cannot affect the will that it does not posses. The attacks themselves however, will still be erased back to zero. Assuming Giorno doesn't have the means to kill B.I.G. With his other abilities, the fight will last until the stand user drops from exhaustion ?

stalemate, GER will undo all of the actions of BIG. If we say that Giorno needs to kill people to actually put them in the loop, then Giorno has no means to put him down permanently.

Can GioGio just use GER to resurrect Carne?

I mean Notorious B.I.G. can only be activated after Carne dies.

He COULD just reset Notorious B.I.G itself back to zero. It is a stand after all, and Giorno can reset the stand being summoned back to zero, reverting B.I.G to it's original form. GER technically wins.

Back