• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know about you all but I for one find this match very exciting. The fight takes place in the canyon where Saitama and Genos fought (Genos won't have home field advantage).

I was planning on having one of these two go up against Qrow but then I decided that the winner of this match would go up against him.

SPEED EQUALIZED

Gildedguy: 0

Genos: 0

Inconclusive: 0

I am sorry to ask but are we using the latest upgrade genos or prior to upgrade genos? Because there is a big difference between the two and I want to get clarification on with one we're using.

Okay well looking at both profiles I will have to go with Genos

The reason for this is mainly because of the ap gap that is very present. If you don't know much about Genos upgrades then let me explain. basically it goes down like this

If we use the most current form of genos (which includes his webcomic form) he would equal the power of a dragon level monster. Now how strong is a dragon level, well if we look at the threat ratings in OPM than most dragon level are stronger than demon level monsters by a large margin. Like The best example of this would be Base sea king and Base Carnage Kabuto. Now base sea king fought Genos on equal footing while Base carnage kabotu absolutely stomped him. Hell even the current manga version of Genos still got stomped by base Carnage kabotu in the drama cd that got released, And current manga genos would be able to go toe to toe with Hydrated sea king and win or at-least stalemate him, who managed to stomp genos with no difficulty. So when they say Genos with his webcomic upgrades can fight a dragon level than that means he by all means has higher AP and dura then Gilded unless I am missing something

Abilities

So yeah I am pretty sure that genos can one shot gilded guy if he wanted to. Not only that but in the webcomic Genos has the ability to blind opponents which leds to Genos being more likely to land the first hit. Flight leads to Genos dodging most of Gilded guys attacks, and beams make it even more unlikely for gilded guy to survive the first bombardment. And his stamina is higher than gilded meaning that he very well could outlast gilded guy in a fight.

But an argument for gilded guy can be made specifically around his reactive power level which if potent enough could close the ap gap that exist between him and Genos, regenerating armor could buy the time needed to close the AP gap but it depends on how potent the regen is, experience in the fields of combat might prevent Genos from one shooting if he plays his cards right, and his intelligence might lead to hi. Taking advantage of Genos's careless behavior.

TLDR

Genoa has the AP advantage which could definetely lead to a one shot, Range (I say range because I don't know how big the forest was so until that gets clarified then I am only going to use his extended melee range if somebody could clarify that, it would be nice), stamina, and flight which would lead to Genes just bombarding the area below which would kill Gilded, and his blind which coupled with his flight and range would lead to an easy win by Genos

While Gilded has Reactive power level which could close that ap gap, Experince which could turn the battle in his favor by just surviving till he reaches the point he cloud fight Genos, and regenerating armor which could buy him time for the reactive power level to kick in (I need clarification on how strong the regen is because of it's too weak then it becomes point less).

So until more reasons come in Genos wins 8/10 times

Like Genos was a casual 14 megatons with his first major upgrades. Mosquito Girl after her blood transformation stomped him into the ground when he had no upgrades, after that genos got an upgrade which put him higher than armored gorilla who was stronger than mosquito girl. Later on Genos would fight and tie with base sea king and lose to hydrated sea king.

Even later on he got another upgrade which allowed him to fight G4 another demon level threat and win but with major injuries, then he got the G4 upgrades which then he was able to match Speed o sound sonic who could defeat sea king even when hydrated via author statement which makes him stronger than hydrated sea king. After that he lost to a dragon level monster and got another upgrade which allowed him to fight majority of the demon level threats and win.

Then after the whole monster asssocitaion arc he got another upgrade which he used to stomp a demon level monster and stated that he could take on a dragon level threat which would be the same level as base Kabotu who stomped first upgrade Genos and could stomp all other demon level threats with no difficulty

TLDR

He is massively stronger than his base form by a large margin though (the only problem is that I don't how much of an ap gap would be required to one shot and if I could forgive that out than ,y answer would be more accurate)

True but to what extent is the question here because genos could melt a cliff slide during his fight with saitama and melt the ground below.

Okay that fire resistance should be well enough to tank genos's blasts.

still I need to know how powerful would one need to be to one shot another character like is it a two times gap or what? Because if I can get a answer to that then it could very well change how the battles goes.

Okay I just got some answers, and one of them was a 2.5x gap in power but I will just assume a 2x gap is needed cause that seems more reasonable.

So Genos starts out as a 14 meagton character he got stomped by blood absorbed mosquito girl which if we do the math that means that Genos who later on got an upgrade would be 28 megatons because he managed to beat armored gorilla who has been stated to be stronger than Mosquito girl.

Base form Kabotu stomped Genos in his fight and that would make Kabotu base form a casual 56 megatons since he showed no signs of actually trying. Later Genos fought sea king who managed to stalemate him in base form, then when sea king transformed he stomped Genos and put Down Genos in one shot meaning that Sea king is at least 56 megatons when completely serious.

After Genos fights G4 he gains a upgrade which allows him to go toe to toe with speed o sound sonic who is able to beat sea king via author statement. So that means Genos with G4 upgrade could fight hydrated sea king and win though it would be a tough fight.

Though even with this upgrade he gets stomped by base Carnage Kabotu when he was doing a simulator to test out his strength. But he does two shot a hydrated deep sea king, and one shots mosquito girl.

So Genos does have the ap advantage but not enough to one shot Gilded.

If you can't accept the 2x AP gap answer I got. I could use the 1.5x AP gap if you want me too I don't really mind

That's a lot that I'm sure has to be accepted first before anything else. Also did you watch the videos (they're awesome :p)

Where can we find exact ratings like this for characters?

Like, Megatons and stuff? (Pardon my colloquialism)

Because people cite them sometimes and I really wanna know where I can find those measurements so I can cite them too

@Nicov11 To get a little off topic

I watched a few of Hyun's dojo stuff before (it's mostly OMM), seen Weapons master, Greatest swordsman, and the one we're they get invaded. So I'm pretty familiar with them though I am probably gonna watch more of it, also those videos you sent were pretty awesome.

@Jordan well it's usually linked on the characters page just go to where attack potency is and click on the hyper link. If it's not there and they scale to another character than you should go to that characters page and dig to find the exact calc

For Gildedguy it's on the Hyun's Dojo verse page. A few calculations were done, you can find those

Okay back on topic is Gilded only resistant to fire with his armor on, or does he natural have it cause Genos could punch through gilded armor and attack him if he doesn't.

http://www.***********.net/onepunch-man/54/10

^^^ Genos uses his incinerate on G4 insides to bypass his armor

http://www.***********.net/onepunch-man/9/18

^^^ Also Genos energy blasts don't only seem to be just heat but also energy projection. Take note in how the building doesn't look like it melted, so Genos ranges option is still available to him although it is limited since some of his strongest beam attacks are heat related.

http://www.***********.net/onepunch-man/53/9

^^^ Even without his beams he still has some ranged options left like his extendable hands and use it as another ranged option

http://www.***********.net/onepunch-man/130/26

^^^ After his tournament upgrades his hands or now literally rockets and can detach

http://www.***********.net/onepunch-man/130/35

^^^ and reattach his own arm

http://www.***********.net/onepunch-man/130/27

^^^ Also his arms have wires on him which could entangle and hold Gilded down for long enough for Genos to either

A) Beam him to death

B) Beat him to death

And Genos due to the webcomic still has his blinding attack available to him which would distract gilded and allow Genos to get hits in allowing him to win

Gildedguy's fire resistance is dependent on his armor, although it's important to know exactly what Genos' AP is with his upgrades since he's probably going to still be weaker than Gildedguy, plus the added fire resistance will lower that attack further.

In Gildedguy vs Jade he was practically unaffected by her fire, he just kept punching through it.

The rest about Genos is new to me (I just watched the anime)

Punching through Gilded's armor is going to be pretty damn hard considering it took an extremely powerful hit (A direct hit from Jade's spear and a fully charged hit from Fry's pan) to damage it, meanwhile Gilded can quite literally just punch his attacks away

@Nico-V11 Genos with his G4 upgrades managed to two shot a hydrated sea king, one shot Mosquito girl with little to no difficulty based upon what the OPM wiki got from the drama cd

http://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/Audio_Books

^^^ This is the link to the drama cds that were realeased the problem is that you have to scroll down to Genos, training which is past halfway down the page.

also another character from OPM named bang or Silver fang is a baseline 7-A for oneshotting both transformed fuhrer ugly, Gum, and multiple Black sperm cells (I'm not joking about his name) and they were all of them were dragon level monsters.

And if you read the link I provided for webcomic Genos he states that he could take on a dragon level monster meaning that he could take on Gum or Furher ugly who are way stronger than a hydrated sea king

Do we know what Tank Top Master's exact AP is? According to his profile he should be equal in strength to Genos, although I don't know if that's with upgrades or not.

I am pretty sure tank top master is about as strong as pre G4 upgrade Genos, he's no where near Post tournament Upgrade genos or even post G4 upgrade genos

Well he only at a dragon level which should be half way through city level due to bang's one shots. Genos' should be at the half way point of city level if not a little higher though still in the city level range.

If we used 14 megatons as his base form then applied a 2x gap needed to one shot this happens

Genos base form = 14 megatons

Genos second upgrade = 28 megatons

Genos G4 upgrade = 56 megatons

Genos tournament upgrade = A little higher but with more ablilities and better flight

Genos post monster association arc = Much higher than Tournament though the extent is unknown, what is known is that this genos is atleast a casual 56 megatons as he one shotted a demon level threat with no problem, and the ability to blind

That's if we applied the 2x oneshot gap to him

Now we have to lower that AP due to Gildedguy's resistance to fire. Also the fact that Genos will get more powerful as he starts losing, making them more or less even on AP.

Ok I'm equalizing speed since apparently Genos scales to Atomic Samurai's speed which is Mach 3,500 which is more than 3x than Gildedguy's speed.

Yeah which is why I am focusing more on what would happen during the fight then Genos AP,

though it does help that genos is usually serious in a fight doesn't hold back and while his fire blasts may be nerfed he still has energy beams as shown when he blew up the house of evolution and it didn't looked like it melted at all meaning that his weaker beams have a non fire element to them.

The AP is also for Genos fists as well meaning that if he closes the distances he could demolish Gilded in a head on clash. And Genos has experience with sword users as shown with G4 so gilded using a sword is nothing he wouldn't be able to handle. But the sudden growth of the sword would catch Genos off guard.

Still he has multiple options to stun and lock down Gilded in the fight allowing him to get more hits in.

Back