• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gifting Drain Touch to these forgotten undead!

Pretty simple so all Undead characters that show intelligence should have drain touch.

1. Belida
2. Duke

Both are undead and Drain Touch is stated to be a skill only usable by the undead.

Which is basically half the plot of volume 3/season 2 as Sena was suspicious that Kazuma would know and undead skill.

So this is why I believe all undead characters should have Absorption

Sorry and by Intelligence.

I mean Undead that are stated to top tier.

As it's a top tier undead skill so Zombies/Skeletons/Ghouls and Zombie Knights can't have it.

Though Ghosts it's a Possible Absorption. As in Volume 17 a Ghost was also able to use Drain touch.

Imma just expand on this since I already how y'all can be sometimes so let me go into more detail.

Ok so for all Top tier undeads that can use drain touch we have Aqua who directly alludes to this and she
has shown consistent knowledge on the KonoWorld (as she created the laws lmao).

“Oh, my, is everything okay? Didn’t you want to drain my health and mana? Oh, my, you’re a top-tier undead, but you can’t even use Drain Touch?”- Aqua Volume 2

Kazuma also calls it a skill unique to the undead specifically.

"Drain Touch seemed to be a skill unique to the undead, capable of draining an opponent’s health and mana."- Kazuma Volume 2

Even in the Short story (Yes it's canon), a Vampire was able to use Drain touch.

https://cgtranslations.me/2020/03/14/konosuba-yorimichi-chapter-5/

And lastly, Sena herself states that Drain Touch is an undead skill.

“And, we have reports of the accused using a skill only available to the undead, Drain Touch. If you’re not related to the Demon King’s army, please explain why you can use Drain Touch–You can’t just ignore this by covering your ears!”

So there's literally no reason at all to believe that Beldia and Duke along with any other undead character can't use drain touch as it's not exclusive to liches.

Duke should definitely have it, as a Lich that's nearly a basic.

Dullahan never were shown to possess it tho, despite appearing several times.
Like, Beldia's entire army and the one of Kyakkou's last volume didn't display anything remotely similar, which would be logic since they are more of a warrior thing.

Duke should definitely have it, as a Lich that's nearly a basic.

Dullahan never were shown to possess it tho, despite appearing several times.
Like, Beldia's entire army and the one of Kyakkou's last volume didn't display anything remotely similar, which would be logical since they are more of a warrior thing.
Dullahan were literally stated to be top tier undead.

And Beldia's entire army was filled with Undead knights/Zombies/Skeletons all of them were low tier undead so of course, they can't use drain touch.

And you said it yourself Beldia is a warrior so using Drain touch would be unfair since he is an honourable knight.

So using drain touch would be underhanded but based on feats and statements from characters.

There is no reason to believe that he Can't use or at least put him down as "Possible Absorption"

Also, all undead characters should have Power Boost as it was stated all undead gain a boost in power in the Night.

I'll go find the quote later I go to school

Dude litteraly used Death Curse, he doesn't take magic as unfair.

Drain Touch is a undead skill, but not everyone have it. Same way not all wizard have intermediate magic.

It's all demons who get powered up at night, not undead iirc.

Dude litteraly used Death Curse, he doesn't take magic as unfair.
Yeah with 1 week of prep time and he allows you to fight back for your life.

He was even upset when he was under the impression that Darkness had died.

Same way not all wizard have intermediate magic.
Nah that's pretty bad argument imo.

Humans aren't that Strong in this setting so it makes sense than not everyone can be Wizard/Arch-Wizard.

But the only Wizards who shown to not have used Intermediate are the Crimson Demons as they are so powerful that magic of that calibre is useless to them.

I even recall Kazuma and Megumin stating in Vol1 most wizards skip Basic Magic and go straight to Intermediate As it's seen as useless.

It's all demons who get powered up at night, not undead IIRC.
Yeah, Devils (Not Demons) receive a power boost at night (I think) as I recall it's just their emotions get riled up.

And Undead also have power boots at night I'm looking for the quote I think it was in one of the Explosions spinoffs.

Also, why doesn't Mitsurguri (Sword guy) have a page?

He should scale to the DKG as a small building level.

Or at least wall Level as he can bend the bars of a metal cage durable enough that not even a group of alligators could break.

And he's faster than Dust. But that's not the point.

also another quick question I know the anime out of the question.

but can we use the Manga for calcs or feats as it seems to be the exact same or Nah.

Yeah with 1 week of prep time and he allows you to fight back for your life.

He was even upset when he was under the impression that Darkness had died.
He was shown to use it in fight to make people instantly surrender. Which was working if not for Aqua.
Nah that's pretty bad argument imo.

Humans aren't that Strong in this setting so it makes sense than not everyone can be Wizard/Arch-Wizard.

But the only Wizards who shown to not have used Intermediate are the Crimson Demons as they are so powerful that magic of that calibre is useless to them.

I even recall Kazuma and Megumin stating in Vol1 most wizards skip Basic Magic and go straight to Intermediate As it's seen as useless.
That's kind of my point tho.

Having skills exclusive to your race/class isn't the same as having them yourself.
Yeah, Devils (Not Demons) receive a power boost at night (I think) as I recall it's just their emotions get riled up.
Not only, since Kazuma legit became stronger with his mask
Also, why doesn't Mitsurguri (Sword guy) have a page?

He should scale to the DKG as a small building level.

Or at least wall Level as he can bend the bars of a metal cage durable enough that not even a group of alligators could break.

And he's faster than Dust. But that's not the point.
I was too lazy to do his page.

Although it should be noted that Vanir consider Dust the fastest in Axel and that Mitsurugi has the weakness of becoming way weaker without Graam.

That's kind of my point tho.

Having skills exclusive to your race/class
Yeah, I thought about it and it makes sense.

Since Megumin exists and Aqua even stated Megumin should know other spells if she can use Explosion Magic.

So yeah I get it though I would prefer if Belida was listed as Possible Absorption.

Also, do you think Vanir should have every ability any devil a lower rank than has showcased?

He hasn't shown said abilities (Fireball, Cursed lighting etc) but He is THE Duke of Hell started to the strongest beings so it could be possible that he can use Fireball or other spells.

Not only, since Kazuma legit became stronger with his mask
Yeah true since it was made using Demonic Magic as well.

I was too lazy to do his page.
Lmao

Although it should be noted that Vanir consider Dust the fastest in Axel and that Mitsurugi has the weakness
True. But Granted Mitsurguri doesn't really "live" in Axel more just hangs there he's usually on the frontlines.

Unless you consider the Gacha game canon where he has a house there.

And also even without his Sword, he's still pretty strong as Dust commented on his insane stamina and speed.

It's all demons who get powered up at night, not undead IIRC.

I finally found the quote.

Wiz (an Undead) states that undeads gain a boost in power during the night.
And Aqua was right there and didn't deny it so I'm pretty sure she's telling the truth.

“Eh, well, I suppose I do know quite a bit about liches. After all, I’m a fairly accomplished adventurer. Now, let’s hurry up and set off. If we wait any longer, night will fall and the undead will get a strength buff!

Yeah, I thought about it and it makes sense.

Since Megumin exists and Aqua even stated Megumin should know other spells if she can use Explosion Magic.

So yeah I get it though I would prefer if Belida was listed as Possible Absorption.
Well, I'll wait for more opinions on it.
Also, do you think Vanir should have every ability any devil a lower rank than has showcased?

He hasn't shown said abilities (Fireball, Cursed lighting etc) but He is THE Duke of Hell started to the strongest beings so it could be possible that he can use Fireball or other spells
I don't think I ever saw him using magic to begin with. I think him having his own thing would be more coherent.
True. But Granted Mitsurguri doesn't really "live" in Axel more just hangs there he's usually on the frontlines.

Unless you consider the Gacha game canon where he has a house there.

And also even without his Sword, he's still pretty strong as Dust commented on his insane stamina and speed.
Wasn't this when he had Graam? Merely having it boost his every stats, without using it.

I don't consider gacha canon

Wiz (an Undead) states that undeads gain a boost in power during the night.
And Aqua was right there and didn't deny it so I'm pretty sure she's telling the truth.

“Eh, well, I suppose I do know quite a bit about liches. After all, I’m a fairly accomplished adventurer. Now, let’s hurry up and set off. If we wait any longer, night will fall and the undead will get a strength buff!
Fine by me then.

Wasn't this when he had Graam? Merely having it boost his every stats, without using it.

I don't consider gacha canon
“It’s true. Regrettably, the sword Gram is the exclusive weapon of that unpleasant guy. It bestows one with arm strength beyond the human limits when equipped, and the sword is a sharp weapon that can cut through steel like a vegetable. But in Kazuma’s hands, this would just be a normal sword.”

Aqua specifically stated that the buff only applies when equipped. And we can take her word for it since Gods are the ones who created the Divine Relics like Mitsuguris sword.

And remember even without his sword he's still a high-level adventurer.

And since the first time we met him, he was level 37 by the end of the series he's probably around level 47 or 50 maybe even 60 if we scale through Iris.

And he was also started to be the Top 3 most powerful ranked adventures in entire the Country

And also Dust made the comment on Mitsurguri's insane physical abilities when he didn't has his sword as remember Dust Sto--- I mean brought it off the old man.

I guess the Gacha isn't canon but even Super Perfect Cell got accepted as Solar System level using non-canon material so though I could try it.

Especially since the Gacha follows the LN canon more closely.

“It’s true. Regrettably, the sword Gram is the exclusive weapon of that unpleasant guy. It bestows one with arm strength beyond the human limits when equipped, and the sword is a sharp weapon that can cut through steel like a vegetable. But in Kazuma’s hands, this would just be a normal sword.”

Aqua specifically stated that the buff only applies when equipped. And we can take her word for it since Gods are the ones who created the Divine Relics like Mitsuguris sword.
Merely having it is having it equipped tho.
And remember even without his sword he's still a high-level adventurer.

And since the first time we met him, he was level 37 by the end of the series he's probably around level 47 or 50 maybe even 60 if we scale through Iris.

And he was also started to be the Top 3 most powerful ranked adventures in entire the Country
Because of his cheat sword. That's the whole point about it.
And also Dust made the comment on Mitsurguri's insane physical abilities when he didn't has his sword as remember Dust Sto--- I mean brought it off the old man.
mb then
I guess the Gacha isn't canon but even Super Perfect Cell got accepted as Solar System level using non-canon material so though I could try it.

Especially since the Gacha follows the LN canon more closely.
That just mean Cell stuff is iffy imo.

Back