• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ghostbusters: Verse Deletion

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired

If you're familiar with the movies, if you're familiar with the comic, if you're familiar with the games, or if you're familiar with cartoons, you can recognise these files are composited as shit, when Ghostbusters actually has a decently comprehensible canon which shouldn't lead to this kinda shit happening.

Honestly just delete the verse altogether, these files, all 2 of them, are irredeemably bad to an extent that starting from the very scratch, would be better.

For reference by the way, the canon goes like this:
  • Classic Film Timeline: Ghostbusters 1 + Ghostbusters 2 + Ghostbusters: The Game
  • Afterlife Timeline: Ghostbusters 1 + Ghostbusters: Afterlife
  • Ghostbusters (2016)
  • Cartoon Timeline: Ghostbusters 1 + Ghostbusters 2 + The Real Ghostbusters + Ghostbusters and Slimer + Extreme Ghostbusters
  • The IDW Ghostbusters Nightmare of a Canon: Bajillion different universes containing multiple comic series. Jesus.
  • Casper Timelime: Ghostbusters 1 + Casper
And for the record, it's actually a terrible idea to keep the verse page singular for them, ESPECIALLY IDW, since it'll bloat up the verse page insanely.

Last edited:
I made a profile:

Also can I start cleaning up the two other pages as Ant proposed?

Last edited:
...what the hell canon is the Slimer page of? List it in the name.

Also Relativistic+ is wrong, since they're held by normal human beings with standard reactions and VERY poor aim, if you recall.

...what the hell canon is the Slimer page of? List it in the name.

Also Relativistic+ is wrong, since they're held by normal human beings with standard reactions and VERY poor aim, if you recall.
Proton Packs are charged particle accelerators that fire Particle Beams

That is Relativistic+ Attack speed for the PP and Slimer dodged some shots of the PP, so he should scale.

Also I already asked someone to rename Slimer's page..

Last edited:
That is Relativistic+ Attack speed for the PP and Slimer dodged some shots of the PP, so he should scale.
And I repeat, Slimer dodges Ghostbusters slowly moving it around with their own speeds, while having NOTABLY terrible aim, so Slimer in those instances is scaling to the Ghostbusters' own speeds, not the Proton Pack.

Think of it this way, someone pointed a gun at you and you moved out of the way before they could fire it, or if they're a terrible aim (logical considering the Ghostbusters are rookies here) and shot besides you and you bolted off, in both of these scenarios you're not moving the speed of the gun, these are real life occurences afterall, but you're just moving faster than what said inexperienced gunman can register you at.

And I repeat, Slimer dodges Ghostbusters slowly moving it around with their own speeds, while having NOTABLY terrible aim, so Slimer in those instances is scaling to the Ghostbusters' own speeds, not the Proton Pack.

Think of it this way, someone pointed a gun at you and you moved out of the way before they could fire it, or if they're a terrible aim (logical considering the Ghostbusters are rookies here) and shot besides you and you bolted off, in both of these scenarios you're not moving the speed of the gun, these are real life occurences afterall, but you're just moving faster than what said inexperienced gunman can register you at.
Ok your argument makes sense... however this leads to the question to which speed level Slimer scales?

He is at least faster than humans from what I can see...

List "At least Superhuman" for now with the justification (Dodged Ghostbusters' aim with ease), and get the speed feat calced from some thread, since its just a distance-timeframe calc.

Also I'll rename the current Ghostbusters Verse Page to Ghostbusters (Movie Series), and it'll list all versions EXCEPT the Cartoon and IDW series, both of which are expansive enough to deserve their own verse pages.

I agree with The Impress on the OP… and the speed scaling. The Ghostbusters aren’t moving the stream side to side as fast as it’s fired.

List "At least Superhuman" for now with the justification (Dodged Ghostbusters' aim with ease), and get the speed feat calced from some thread, since its just a distance-timeframe calc.

Also I'll rename the current Ghostbusters Verse Page to Ghostbusters (Movie Series), and it'll list all versions EXCEPT the Cartoon and IDW series, both of which are expansive enough to deserve their own verse pages.
As you wish ma'am

Can I clean up the other pages?

Why is there no proofing for any of the stats and P&A?

It's an 80s movie with an abundance of clips across YouTube, link them timestamped.

Thank you both for helping out, Impress and Apex.
Eh no problem Ant..

Ms Impress

About the Proton Packs I was searching feats for them but aside from burning everything in their path, the PPs only have an apparently Wall level feat, but unfortunately the feat is showed briefly for a second and we can't see the full damage the PP did to the wall.

Skip minute 5:00

Last edited:
Eh no problem Ant..

Ms Impress

About the Proton Packs I was searching feats for them but aside from burning everything in their path, the PPs only have an apparently Wall level feat, but unfortunately the feat is showed briefly for a second and we can't see the full damage the PP did to the wall.

Skip minute 5:00

I think then what's best to do, is list them at least 9-C, since we know it can cause massive damage.

Also this claim
At least Continent level (Had the potential to destroy the entire state of New York in a process Egon described as "all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light".)

Is wrong, when we do see them cross streams nothing like that happens, proving Egon's theory wrong.

I think then what's best to do, is list them at least 9-C, since we know it can cause massive damage.

Also this claim

Is wrong, when we do see them cross streams nothing like that happens, proving Egon's theory wrong.
Done.

I added videos to the justification of Gozer powers and downgraded the PP to Street level.... there is anything else you wanna change?

Back