• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getting rid of Heat Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's similar, but there's not enough profiles with Heat Vision to provide its own page while we have over 500 Breath users here (lol).

That might be an option, actually. Optic Blast is a lot more general than Heat Vision, just like Breath attack so it might work to include more characters that can use their eyes in some form, whether using air to knock their opponents or something like that.

The Calaca said:
That might be an option, actually. Optic Blast is a lot more general than Heat Vision, just like Breath attack so it might work to include more characters that can use their eyes in some form, whether using air to knock their opponents or something like that.
I agree.

Ok, so I create the power with just everything the draft have plus the new limitation, or any of you whant to do so?

Antoniofer said:
Ok, so I create the power with just everything the draft have plus the new limitation, or any of you whant to do so?
I am fine if you create page.

Is it temporal? I have no rush. Heat Vision has been a thing for much more time lol.

We can wait. I can't do it right now so if anyone else wants to take the lead without waiting for Fer, it's fine by me.

Optic Blast seems to cover more than those types. If so, we should get rid of Breath Attack as well since it's basically some kind of power generated from the mouth.

Optic Blast is too unspecific regarding what the blast in question does. It is a mishmash of other powers, and makes about as much sense as "hand blast" for characters who fire beams with their hands instead.

Antvasima said:
Optic Blast is too unspecific regarding what the blast in question does. It is a mishmash of other powers, and makes about as much sense as "hand blast" for characters who fire beams with their hands instead.
It makes sense on this point. So, now I think redirecting to Energy Projection would be the best option.

Electricity came back, but I guess I'm no longer need. Does this means that Breath Attack will be deleted?

Wouldn't that be making it more vague? It seems like hand blasts usually seem characterized as energy blasts in fiction. I haven't really seen the same for eye beams.

I don't think Breath Attack is that bad of an ability, even if there is overlap with other pages.

Optic Blasts too would be useful as they convey how a character uses their abilities without needing a long explanation.

Hellfire its an esoteric ability, so it do not have the same properties of conventional fire or heat. However, I suggested to create the power of Demonic Force Manipulation (opposing Holy Manipulation) that could cover Hellfire or any other infernal/unholy element.

Agree with removing Heat Vision and redirecting it to Energy Projection.

I agree with removing Breath Attack but I do think it has more reason to stay than Heat Vision/Optic Blast, and the deletion of the two aren't intrinsically tied together.

I'd support a Demonic Force Manipulation page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back