• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GetBackers revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GetBackers have been under revisions for quite some time now (about 3 months). LordGriffin was put in charge of reading the series and confirming that everything was correct since a staff member was required to be knowledgable on the verse. However not only has LordGriffin stopped becoming staff, but he has been extremely busy lately and I'd hate to bother him any further. Tissredgrave has also read the series, but he wants to keep it as "a fun read", and not go into intense debating, another staff member is needed.

So what I am asking is if there is any staff member with some free times on their hands or that is interested in reading GetBackers that could help with evaluating the series.

I was asked to come here, but am not knowledgeable enough. My apologies.

That wouldn't work because there is no knowledgable staff member here. Hmm. Should no one be interested in this. What do you propose we do about this ant? Should GetBackers simply be allowed in matches again? People were questioning their stuff, but if no one is up to actually read the series? I will try once again to make the stuff easier to understand if needed.

Well, here are some of the less frequently asked staff members that you can select from to ask to give input when there are no knowledgeable members available:

SomebodyData

Dragonmasterxyz

Celestial Pegasus

Dark649

Monarch Laciel

Saikou The Lewd King

Gemmysaur

Ultima Reality

DarkDragonMedeus

AKM Sama

Dargoo Faust

MrKingOfNegativity

Theglassman12

Wokistan

Andytrenom

Qawsedf234

Crabwhale

Yes ok. But this is about the fact that "there are no people familiar with the series". Im wondering if there is anyone who's willing to pick up the series. And should there be none, the series should just stop being "in revisions" if no one is revising it.

Ah I see.

Might wanna ask the younger staff members, since they should be getting into summer vacation soon (And thus have more time on their hand)

Checked, and this series has 344 chapters, don't have that kind of time to go through all of that plus i have many other series i need to finish or get into.

I am already kinda reading through a 300+ chapter manga right now so I afraid I may not be able to help here.

Ok then. My last question is. Given how the staff members seem pretty busy, what should happen with the series? Should it stop being in revisions since no one is really revising it?

Firephoenixearl said:
I am not familiar with the ages here. Care to give me any names?
Ultima is the youngest I believe, and Wok is also a school goer as far as I remember

I will be sort of busy with schoolwork until the end of June and i am not really interested in getbackers rip, so I don't think I can help with this, sorry.

Firephoenixearl said:
Ok then. My last question is. Given how the staff members seem pretty busy, what should happen with the series? Should it stop being in revisions since no one is really revising it?
So should GB get out of "in revisions"?

Well I mean. If there is no one revising it and no one willing to revise it then what's the point of it being called "in revisions"?

What needs to be revised for the profiles?

Nothing really (i plan on going over the profiles again and generally rewriting them so that they have more "evidence" for everything). It all started because Matthew didn't think they could have been correct so he said "it's best to put them on hold until someone reads the series", however no one is. I could get down to as i said cleaning the profiles so that it is easier to understand even for people who haven't read the series. That's about all i can do.

Shall i do that? I would need you to open The Archiver's profile for an indefinite amount of time (until I'm done since it may take some time, i will pm you or other staff members to close when im done) as all the others are currently open.

What changes are you planning to do? Just changing pages on your own without evaluation is not how we do things here.

Well on The Archiver not many changes i believe (with the exception of putting his tier as "At least 2-B possibly 2-A" instead of flat 2-A), but rather trying to give more scans for his powers.

On Ban, Akabane and Ginji it's another deal though. I will provide more scans, just clean up their profiles a little bit, and finally after quite some time i found context on the statemtents of "beyond time and space". I could go about this either way (changing the profiles then making a thread if there is any questioning on the stuff) or make a CRT and wait for non knowledgeable members to evaluate it (which tbf would take a lot longer and it would be severly less acurate due to having non knowledgeable opinions before the whole thing is done not to mention that it would just be more work for the staff members).

If needed i will also make a blog explaining and giving context on Logic Manipulation (which is the main thing that seems to cause confusion since due to lack of context it doesn't seem to be a power at all).

So you think i should just change the profiles and then let people evaluate them as a whole rather than makings several CRT's which would just serve to lengthen the process unnecessarily and increase workload on staff members. Obviously if the changes do not seem right or if anyone disproves anything on the profiles it can just be removed afterwards.

Wasn't Lancer45Man helping out with GetBackers revisions? You can contact him if you wish. No offense but I'm also opposed to you making changes on your own, that's not how it's done.

Lancer is currently inactive that is the problem. And yes he did help out, mainly with most hax of The Archiver, and transcendential hax. While i mostly helped with the tier of the archiver, and the logic manip in verse.

I mean changing the things on my own would just speed up the process. I don't mind doing it any other way, but with, to my knowledge, no other knowledgeable member it just seems pointless.

I am not against doing it with CRT's btw. If you guys decide that it should be done like that then im fine, but it would take an unnecessarily long time as a lot of staff members don't reply unless they are familiar with the verse so there is a really good chance that the CRT's might never finish.

If you make an effort to write easy to understand explanation summaries for the CRTs, the staff members should be able to help you with evaluations.

From my experience that doesn't work. As you may already know i've already made a lot of CRT's for unknown verses like Armed With Wings, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry etc. And the "i'm sorry cannot comment, i am not familiar with the verse" has popped up a lot. The rakudai one in particular for example took 32 days to finish, just because the people were not familiar with the series and could not comment on the hax. And that is Rakudai we're talking about, a verse maining on sword fighting, let alone something like GetBackers who as you said used to be 1-B before.

Well, that is obviously very unfortunate, but we still cannot give you free reign to change profiles statistics as you see fit. It would set a very bad precedent. Do your best to properly explain what you want to change and why, and it should hopefully work out.

Well the reason i was planning on doing this is kind of resetting the whole thing or writing the profiles from start kind of idea. But ok CRT it is. We can close this then, thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back