• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
MIND MANIPULATION is mind manipulation dude. In every verse it functions different, yet we give resistance. It's like I would say Axii would work on anyone who doesn't have resistance of "magical mind control" yet they have normal mindhax resistance on good scale. Would you say Axii mindhaxes someone like Ezio because of that, even though he has planetary resistance?

SpookyShadow said:
MIND MANIPULATION is mind manipulation dude. In every verse it functions different, yet we give resistance. It's like I would say Axii would work on anyone who doesn't have resistance of "magical mind control" yet they have normal mindhax resistance on good scale. Would you say Axii mindhaxes someone like Ezio because of that, even though he has planetary resistance?
yeah, i would say that magical mind manip can effect people who resist strictly biological mind manipulation, since they aare 2 completely different ways of affecting the mind. Mind control (aas the name itself suggests) means controlling the mind, mind manipulation means manipulating the mind, which is a much, MUCH broader term that CONTAINS "control".

KLOL506 said:
Geralt is outright immune to Mind Manip tho, says so on his profile.
Big NFL there

Also, if Geralt throws snake very far away what stops snake from sniping from affar? He is a genius and will realize that getting close will be hard so playing it safe becoming one with the environment (in this case the park) to stay out of sight and out of range

Also there is no sniping if Geralt reacts with Quen/Heliotrope, and he will know where Snake is due to his senses

I meant that Geralt is immune to his verse's form of mind manip.

Well yeah he is. And it doesn't matter if it's magical or not, if we classified resistances like that... many matches on this wiki would not work. And I have seen many matches that have accepted this form of... verse equalization?

I'm leaning Geralt, but I won't lie: I'm a little biased toward Snake. I think Geralt might win, but I want Snake to win frfr

As a big Witcher fan, I have to admit if I wasn't the one who made the match I would probably want Snake to win too. I love Geralt but Snake is like, my top 5 favorite characters in any piece of media ever, doesn't change the fact that Geralt is also one of my favs

It's one hell of a fight that's for sure! Both are absolute legends.

Low-key I feel like they'll fight for a bit, then go for a beer and tell stories of their epic adventures or something lol.

I am going Geralt FRA, Yrden useless sing in-game and Heliotrope gives Geralt an advantage in CQC, Aard will save Geralt if Snake try something with brute force or whatever.

I hope I didn't give Geralt too much advantages, but Snake has really big AP/Lifting Strength advantage and apparently instinctive reactions (judging from what Twellas said about Snake talking with Hal about his body automatically reacting), combined with few other considerable abilities and weapons.

Only time the fight doesn't get added is if the restricted ability doesn't jump tiers. If it jumps tiers and is restricted because of it, fight is A-OKAY to go.

Didn't spook said that he had no weapons? That's a restriction AFAIK as you are limiting him to CQC only to which Geralt Counters with that thing that sends him flying

That's not a reason to not add the match. Spooky restricted weapons and that's allowed afaik

M3X said:
Spooky restricted weapons and that's allowed afaik
Last time I checked it wasn't allowed.

>That's not a reason to not add the match.

Let me get this right, one combatant is restricted to fight only with his fist against someone who out ranges him and has 1 hour of prep along with one ability than can send him flying away if he ever comes near.

Seems legit

Tony di bugalu said:
Last time I checked it wasn't allowed.

>That's not a reason to not add the match.

Let me get this right, one combatant is restricted to fight only with his fist against someone who out ranges him and has 1 hour of prep along with one ability than can send him flying away if he ever comes near.

Seems legit
Good that you think that's legit, because it really is.

You tried to describe a stomp, that's obvious. Geralt has prep time and so what? 1 hour, only. This doesn't make the fight unfair. You said "... Who out ranges him" like Geralt has a massively range advantage, and that's not true. Geralt has tens of meters range with crossbow, and he only use that against flying enemies, and with bombs I think, he just throw them. This doesn't make the fight a stomp too.

Geralt doesn't spam Aard always. Only when he need to use, he will fight against Snake normally.

Those votes are a bunch of socks, they shouldn't be counted

You can't decide if they are socks or not. They are new accounts only

Back