• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
sorry, but Snake DOES have his weapons, simply not his 8-A ones (stingers and... that's it really). Stuff like grenades, pistols, tranq gun and stun knife are usable

What Twellas said. Spooky also explicitly stated that he only restricted 8-A weapons.

Geralt's profile doesn't list any sort of resistence to status inducement of that kind, it's fair to say he would be affected by them, and if Geralt gets stunned it's game over

I rest my case, a single hit from a stun knife, stun grenade or tranq gun lands and Geralt is done, and Snake is more than skilled enough to make that happen at least once, especially when Geralt has no idea what Snake's equipment does or how it works. Snake FRA

Won't say Geralt will allow that with his abilities (Yrden, Heliotrope et cetera)... but vote counted anyway, since it's wincon

I think we can both agree Snake is skilled enough to land A SINGLE hit with the stun knife, is he not? Especially when Geralt has no reason to consider it any more dangerous than a normal knife

does Geralt even have a wincon other than eventually being able to cut deep enough through Snake's armor and skin to kill him?

Yes, as Yrden drains life force and shoots lightning bolts

Geralt would probably hear the electric charge in Stun knife

Pretty sure there is no life-drain on the profile, and Snake can easily tank electricity since he scales to Big Boss who can tank 8-B lightning.

The stun knife only unleashes a charge when it strikes, but yeah, it's not completely out of the question that he could deduce something is up with the blade

Honestly I have no idea if it's poison or life-draining. Anyone who gets catched in Yrden gets just their health dropped massively.

Stun knife looks really futuristic tbh. Still, Geralt can block it.

Geralt has also blinding bombs, Yrden paralyzing/slowing down, Heliotrope also slowing down et cetera

Yrden only really slows down movement speed, covers a small area and doesnt' last very long at all, it won't be that serious of a problem.

Geralt's only wincon is slowly withering at Snake's health, with a number of hax to help him do that, sure, but it's still a far less reliable wincon than Snake's, who only has to land a single blow with a stun knife to win. From what i remember Geralt doesn't even spam signs canonically, he uses them, sure, but not to the point of completely relying on them.

He doesn't completely rely on Signs and doesn't spam them, but if Snake goes with unknown weapon at him Yrden might be used by him to not get hit by something looking so futuristic. In close range Yrden works, of course it doesn't in long but in close yes.

Also we didn't mention this, but Quen reflecting back some of the damage might come in handy. Plus Quen is low 7-B, so even with his best weapons snake won't be able to damage Geralt so long as it's up.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Also we didn't mention this, but Quen reflecting back some of the damage might come in handy. Plus Quen is low 7-B, so even with his best weapons snake won't be able to damage Geralt so long as it's up.
Quen is 7-B actually, and with reflection attack is low 7-C/7-C.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
if it's low 7-B then it should be restricted. Wouldn't be fair to take Snake's 8-A guns away and keep Geralt's low 7-B shield

SpookyShadow said:
He doesn't completely rely on Signs and doesn't spam them, but if Snake goes with unknown weapon at him Yrden might be used by him to not get hit by something looking so futuristic. In close range Yrden works, of course it doesn't in long but in close yes.
yeah i know, I'm not saying he's not gonna use Yrden, or Aard, I'm just pointing out that he won't use Yrden every time they engage, he won't use aard to constantly send Snake away, he might use them once, twice, but not constantly.

Low 7-B comes at a massive cost. Body Quen gets negged on 4-5 hits and Dome Quen severely restricts Geralt's ability to run around anywhere.

Plus, Quen is only used as a last resort or if Geralt's dealing with ranged attacks. Otherwise he'll choose to go melee most of the time.

@Twellas

I believe it automatically breaks away after a couple of hits, and I don't think the damage it reflects is all that high but I could be wrong on that.

still, if it's a Low 7-B shield it should be restricted, especially when one of the characters already has his strongest weapons stripped away due to being higher tier

How many 8-A weapons does Snake have? Which ones are they?

Regardless, Geralt Quens ranged attacks but shifts gears in CQC

All his rocket launchers from MGS1.

If he doesn't use it in-character it's fine, but why even bring it up then?

Because if Snake goes in for ranged attacks he's not gonna get a proper shot due to Quen being a thing.

srry, kinda busy, I'm working on another CRT for Big Boss, The Boss, Solid Snake, Ocelot, Volgin and I'm working on laying down the stats for a profile for The Sorrow. I'm going to be adding something like 10 abilities

oh, i forgot, is this End of MGS4 Snake? Because if he is then FOXDIE is going to be a proble,, and i know Geralt resists disease, but so does Snake, and in MGS1 we are told that FOXDIE is still going to kill him when it activates for him.

Back