• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
SpookyShadow said:
Well... if Snake gets sent flying then lfiting strength might not play big role. It's like a physical attack.
it is tho, it's a shockwave, i's magic in nature but still a very physical attack, and honestly i don't even remember aard sending people flying, at best making them fall back a few meters, i remember it not even working on most notable monsters.

Nope, it works splendidly against Dettlaff and it sends people flying in cutscenes, check the gifs.

Mfw people beings monsters saying Geralt defeating them is better than any Snake feat when the guy has fought what is basically mechanic monsters all his life and is comparable to people who have done the same

Smh

Dettlaff has lifting strength comparable to Geralt, wasn't even remotely holding on to him, was off guard and in front of him, not in the back like Snake will be, 2 completely different scenarios

Lifting strength doesn't matter if you are sent flying. Snake can barely control mid-air movements. Aard is a telekinetic blast + freezes opponent and can be used constantly. If that was mere telekinesis that doesn't require NPI = lifting strength would work, but it sends opponent flying, not just pushes them on ground.

Also piercing cold will certainly affect Snake. Like even if you say it won't completely freeze him due to his resistance, it'll at least do some damage and stagger him imo.

Twellas said:
Dettlaff has lifting strength comparable to Geralt, wasn't even remotely holding on to him, was off guard and in front of him, not in the back like Snake will be, 2 completely different scenarios
the fact is he won't be sent flying, read this again mate

SpookyShadow said:
Lifting strength doesn't matter if you are sent flying. Snake can barely control mid-air movements. Aard is a telekinetic blast + freezes opponent and can be used constantly. If that was mere telekinesis that doesn't require NPI = lifting strength would work, but it sends opponent flying, not just pushes them on ground.
My answer, it would work if it's like pushing on ground and you can actually hold yourself into some object, but in the air it's moot. It would be durability case to not get sent flying I believe. And well. Geralt is good in dodging.

EDIT: aight you're talkin' about Snake holding Geralt. But still he can be somewhat frozen.

in the air? They start on the ground, he will be holding on to Geralt himself, caan Aard even break a Class M grip? Can he even use it against himself? And there are some grabs in judo and such (judo is a great part of CQC) that restrain the arms as well. Since Snake is willing to kill, wha prevents him from snapping his neck immediately, not giving him time to aard?

SpookyShadow said:
Also gotta point out Geralt gets stronger and faster with potions
he's still gonna be significantly weaker than Snake, and as I said, Snake haas dealt with faster characters before. How would he even know to use these potions anyway? Does he have prior knowledge about Snake or what?

yeaah, but prep for what exactly? What is he preparing for? A random monster or an elite, futuristic soldier?

Won't say significantly, as far as I can remember there are potions that amp him with every hit and by 35%, or even decoctions with 50%/more. He has preparation so I guess that's included in knowledge, sorry I intended to give Geralt minor prior knowledge on who Snake is. And Geralt has incredible senses, even stealth would not work with his senses and danger-sensing medallion (I know Snake is not going to go for stealth kill)

Also there is Yrden to stop Snake in CQC and... did Snake ever snap necks in honorable duels?

Why would he use these potions? Doesn't too much usage of potions straight up kill him? You're talking like he's gonna walk into a fight having chugged 50 gallons of potions. How well does he know Snake before this? Because if he only knows that he's a strong human he would have absolutely no reason to use top tier potions. The AP difference is still going to be relevant, always at least 2x, not oneshot-worthy but still enough to make it hard for Geralt to consistently hurt Snake. Snake has no problem snapping random soldier's necks, if he's willing to kill nothing would prevent him from doing so, honorable duel or not

Geralt is always cautious before fights, this state is him literally chugging 50 gallons of potions (but he has increased tolerance)

Twellas said:
Why would he use these potions? Doesn't too much usage of potions straight up kill him? You're talking like he's gonna walk into a fight having chugged 50 gallons of potions. How well does he know Snake before this? Because if he only knows that he's a strong human he would have absolutely no reason to use top tier potions.
The AP difference is still going to be relevant, always at least 2x, not oneshot-worthy but still enough to make it hard for Geralt to consistently hurt Snake. Snake has no problem snapping random soldier's necks, if he's willing to kill nothing would prevent him from doing so, honorable duel or not
No, read the Weaknesses section of Geralt. Heightened Tolerance negs the death condition, and the other toxicity effects don't do jackshit to impede his combat capabilities.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
If you give Geralt minor Prior Knowledge, wouldn't it be fair to do the same for Snake?
I didn't give prior knowledge to him doe. I was going to, but thought it would be too much with already Geralt's decent advantages

the wiki states that Heliotrope can only block one powerful attack, probably wouldn't work on a grab. Don't forget that Snake has stuff like stun grenades, the Tanegashima, empathic manipulation with custom grenades, the stun knife and invisibility, he also isn't light on hax

Empathic manipulation is subcategory of Mind Manipulation. It's like fire manipulation and hellfire manipulation

hellfire is hotter than fire and has some unique propertiers. Saying that Geralt resists empathic manip because he resists hypnosis and mind control is like saying that resisting Reality Warping makes you immune to all abilities because all abilities are technically a sub-category of Reality warping

Where do you think emotions come from? Ask any admin, they will tell you that empathic manipulation is subcategory of mindhax

yeaahh, and again, resisting a larger ability doesn't make you immune to all its sub-categories, especially when he doesn't even resist "mindhax" in general, just mind control and hypnosis, which have NOTHHING to do with empathic manip

mind control is a subcategory of mind manipulation, in order to resist "mind manipulation" a character would have to resist EVERY SINGLE type of mind manipulation possible due to physiology or something like that. And if empathic manip is listed as an ability by itself there is a reason

He has resistance to mindhax overall... it's written on his profile. Geralt is resistant to Axii and it can manipulate one's emotions/mood/vibe as Witcher wants. Really, go ask staff members, I have never seen anyone from staff denying that

Back