• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Geralt Magic AP Upgrade

Does Geralt scale to the higher tiers? If so, those feats may need to be calced (Well they should be calced regardless)

Don't know about the games, but in the novels it's made pretty clear that the signs he uses are vastly inferior to the magic of trained mages. They are basically parlour tricks in comparison

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Does Geralt scale to the higher tiers? If so, those feats may need to be calced (Well they should be calced regardless)
Geralt wouldn't scale to powerful mages like Yenni and Triss.

Geralt did survive combat with a Genie, but I think that was ruled out as an outlier.

However Geralt should physically scale to the power of his Witcher signs seeing as he can survive combat with other witchers, IMO. He even tackles monsters that can tank Aard and other signs.

(EDIT) I'll wait for Matt, then.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I hear that in the books he destroys a mountain. Gonna need a source for that tho.
I do not remember that (though there's still some in the series untranslated that I haven't read), and I very much doubt it is something he scales to in AP, magical or otherwise, seeing as while he is superhuman, he is never portrayed as that superhuman.

Monarch Laciel said:
I do not remember that (though there's still some in the series untranslated that I haven't read), and I very much doubt it is something he scales to in AP, magical or otherwise, seeing as while he is superhuman, he is never portrayed as that superhuman.
I mean you can argue that for many characters. It all depends on how the feat was done.

True

But I suspect it was done through some powerful magic ritual gone wrong, or one time bomb or something along those lines rather than simply using an Igni sign on a mountain.

In the 2nd game, he dispells a curse causing an eclipse, but it's through completing a magic ritual that breaks the curse rather than magically forcing the moon back to its rightful place or something.

The fact of the matter is that Geralt beats the Djinn in both the Games and the Books, albeit those are different Djinns and different Continuities.

Game Djinn creates a storm just by being summoned which instantly vanishes once it is defeated. Book Djinn can manipulate the weather as well, but also uproot mountains from the ground.

I need to go through the books one day. There aren't that many. There's a lot of overlooked feats there.

Ever is interested in the games.

Geralt does not scale to Djinns,anything higher than wall level in durability is an outlier(even wall level looks high),he is only slightly more durable than a human.His Silver Sword is a weaknesse for most monsters that's why he can harm them,he does not need country level AP.

>Anything higher than Wall level is an outlier is an Outlier because he uses a magic sword.

Wall level Dragonborn when?

That is a fallacy and you know it.

Many types of monsters are explicitly weak to silver swords. And the vast majority of magic users are glass cannons whose durability does not scale to the storm / eclipse they've created. Some witch in the second game summons numerous meteors, creates an entire eclipse and summons a comet, she still dies by burning at the stake by completely normal fire.

Geralt also has far more anti-feats for country level than feats. Like repeatedly being cautious of and damaged by arrows from normal human characters.

Ever and I will look into the Witcher at some point and we both believe that ignoring every magic feat in the series because "Arrows and swords" is dumb.

It can't be a small area though, we're looking at it from atop a small mountain (which is a minimum of 610m, so the horizon line is 88km away) and it extends to the horizon. Not only that, but it was formed in only two frames, which is 0.08 seconds assuming the video runs at 25fps.

This is a definite outlier.

I think you're just overthinking the thing. I doubt it covers the horizon so much as it covers their field of vision, which is much more likely and less extraordinary.

Field of vision is literally the horizon. "Horizon" is a term for what the eye can see before the Earth's curvature makes the land curve away.

No. I'm saying it could have just covered before reaching the horizon with clouds and fog. If fog covers your field of vision in a street, it doesn't mean the fog extends to 4 km away.

Well, Geralt should have at least wall level AP, piercing cold does freeze and not just that, Upgraded Aard can blow a man into pieces, it's force is that strong.

Back