• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gentle vs Roman Torchwick. Battle of the Stylish Gentlemanly Criminals and their female accomplices.

Yay... more MHA vs RWBY threads

Who wins out of these gentlemanly came wielding criminals.

Speed Equalized, both at 8-C

Takes place in the same area RWBY vs Atlesian Mech took, basically underneath highway bridges.

Gentle
Roman.Torchwick.full.1757772

Another MHA character who requires physical contact to activate their power vs a RWBY character with Aura...

Okay so roman has the ap advantage herw by a decent margin

Sorry for the double posts, work wifi sucks

Mmm, but hows he going to beat a guy who can elasticate his whole surroundings around him

He uses his quirk to turn the tides on the battlefield, with unpredictable movements and manoeuvres, as well as uses the air, which he can basically keep creating air pockets to allow him to bounce all around.

Hes pretty Gentle too. As the name suggests

I just realized, but have we never seen Torchwick's Semblence? Weird. As for who takes this, I've no idea right now. I wanna say Gentle at least has the advantage with his quirk. He could form elastic barriers the reflect Torchwicks attacks, and throw Torchwick around the battlefield.

He was defeated, he gave up because he couldn't defeat Deku and La Brava can't live without him.

he gave up because he didn't want her to do something far worse, they were also surrounded by Pro heroes such as ectoplasm dude. he knew he couldnt take them all on.

he lost the will to fight

thats why he was able to kick Deku off him despite being weakend

Deku was sent flying because La Brava distracted him, but Deku was still fine, just look at this panel, Gentle was defeated. Anyway we are derailing, we can discuss this in my wall.

I know he was defeated by deku

the point I was making is that a large part of the fight ending was because of the Pro heroes and Labrava future. something Gentle was worried about.

it is heavily implied that if it was just Deku and Gentle along with La Brava , He could have still attempted to fight on, regardless if he won or lost

that was the whole major point of the chapter.

instead of Gentle resisting the Pro heroes and making more trouble he surrendered for La Brava's sake

He was defeated by Deku but he kept on going and someone could've died. Either him but leaving heavy lasting injuries to Deku. It will be hard however for Roman to hit him considering Roman isn't exactly the most mobile without Neo. So even if Roman could fight really well, his surroundings being turned against him will be hard.

I Stopped caring about RWBY when Monty died so my knowledge on current RWBY is limited

can someone give me a brief rundown of Roman's current powers and feats

Same powers as everyone else with aura, skilled melee fighter and marksman, skilled cane wielder, his cane shoots explosive Dust ammunition and can be used as a grappling hook

Feat-wise he almost oneshot Ruby, simultaneously fought off both Blake and Sun, and was beating Ruby in a fight until he was swallowed by a Griffon

Wouldn't say Roman is equal to both Blake and Sun at the same time. I'd put Roman on the same level as Blake physically, seeing as they had a relatively equal fight. With his explosive slugs, he has a good margin.

I'd say with the changing landscape, Roman won't be able to hit Gentle unless it's a ranged attack. And nothing is shown he can spam those.

Yes it is actually, he's shown the ability to spam them a few times actually, as well actually the ability to redirect them with his can to increase the power of a physical strike

Too bad Gentle can just redirect and reflect them with his elastic air pockets. A.k.a the Gently Rebound

Plus he can make Romans cane all floppy, allowing him an advantage in close range.

Back