• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact: Traveler's Profile Update

The Traveler was able to keep memories of Rhukkadevata due to not being from Teyvat, so that's something that would apply for each and every of his keys and it might not even be something that should be indexed on his profile since that could be viewed as simply a limitation for Irminsul. I fully agree with updating the Traveler's profile though.

Seems fine but I think their Sumeru key should be changed to "At most 6-C" since they did die like 167 times against Scaramouche

That's not the principle of using "At most", it seems to be used when exact values cannot be obtained.

The Traveler was able to keep memories of Rhukkadevata due to not being from Teyvat, so that's something that would apply for each and every of his keys and it might not even be something that should be indexed on his profile since that could be viewed as simply a limitation for Irminsul. I fully agree with updating the Traveler's profile though.
Another thing to consider here is that the Traveler can handle Withering Zones due to their elemental powers, so the corresponding Resistance should go to the first key and I guess to all of the profiles of Vision users.

I fixed it, how is it?

I'd remove the Conceptual Manipulation Resistance completely. Irminsul just doesn't have any records of the Traveler which is why it doesn't affect them. It's just something that is limited to Teyvat and anything from Teyvat. Also, Disease Manipulation is now listed twice among the Resistances which is a bit redundant.

I agree with this. I think it will be better to note it down somewhere, potentially in notes section so it's not confused as a concrete resistance as it's the limit of something else.

Btw is light manipulation due to four leaf sigil? If so, that should probably be removed as its a function of the place rather than her own ability.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if I’m right (because I haven’t caught up with the story) but isn’t the thing where the Traveler remembers someone Teyvat had forgotten similar to how Return From Death makes Subaru’s memories separate from the World? If so then it should probably be a “limited” resistance because the Traveler resisted it by not being the target of the affect.

Not watching this thread to avoid spoilers but you can (and should) @ me if I didn’t explain it well enough and/or you think I’d know more.

Minor nitpick but parts of the justifications refer to the Traveler as strictly male even though their gender is dependent on the player. I'd fix that personally.

I considered nerding the strongest one for this reason:

Even though Balladeer has become an archon, he doesn't have a people, much less anyone to have faith in him, so he may even have gotten stronger, but nothing that indicates that he gets as strong as characters like the Archons.

Venti: Ahh... How do I put it...
Venti: "The Seven" as people now know them, were once known as "The Seven Archons."
Venti: Each archon presides over their own part of Teyvat. That is the role the archons play.
Venti: Only in performing this duty can we attain power, but I don't like the idea of "ruling" Mondstadt — and I don't feel Mondstadt would really like it either.

Nahida: By the way, there's something I need to confess...
Nahida: Even though I'm the archon and in control of myself again, I'm not very good at fighting...
Nahida: You may have heard that an archon's power is derived from their people's faith. However, I'm not as well-loved as Greater Lord Rukkhadevata.
Nahida: If we get into a situation where combat is our only option, I'll have to count on you, and I'll do my best to provide support.

I considered nerding the strongest one for this reason:

Even though Balladeer has become an archon, he doesn't have a people, much less anyone to have faith in him, so he may even have gotten stronger, but nothing that indicates that he gets as strong as characters like the Archons.
He literally took archon gnosis to create the prodigal which essence of archon. The heck is "nothing that indicates that he gets as strong as like archon"

Daka bell of part prodigal body literally carry out of unimaginably large amount of energy of gnosis. How is he not strong as archon when he literally use archon power?

What's even corellation between archon power with their people? It just their duty as archon to lead a nation which literally why the balladeer really wanted to do archon war once again to buer, so the sumeru people will worship him instead nahida, it has nothing to do with their power.

That's not the principle of using "At most", it seems to be used when exact values cannot be obtained.
Traveler directly clashed with and blocked attacks from God Scaramouche who should be comparable to Archons due to owning a Gnosis

sure he did die several times but he was physically able to compete with him

Also, additional justification for Traveler's Inazuma key should be:

"Completely dominated Crimson Witch Signora, who as the 8th Harbinger should be far superior to Childe, who is only the 11th"

I just noticed that the Traveler's first key is apparently missing the Smaragdus Jadeite Resistances, so that should probably be added. Also, the Traveler getting Dimensional Travel for the Inazuma Chapter via a portal they didn't even make themselves is just nonsensical since that isn't their own power. I also find the justification for seeing souls dubious. Was it even stated or shown that these apparitions were invisible to normal people?

He literally took archon gnosis to create the prodigal which essence of archon. The heck is "nothing that indicates that he gets as strong as like archon"
Having archon essence doesn't mean you scale to one, and that's quite simple, nobody knows how strong a gnosis can make someone.
Daka bell of part prodigal body literally carry out of unimaginably large amount of energy of gnosis. How is he not strong as archon when he literally use archon power?
Nothing says she has an unimaginable amount of power, "it can be used to carry an unimaginably large amount of energy, not that she does.
What's even corellation between archon power with their people? It just their duty as archon to lead a nation which literally why the balladeer really wanted to do archon war once again to buer, so the sumeru people will worship him instead nahida, it has nothing to do with their power.
Perhaps a confirmation from Nahida and Venti about this is not enough? To deny this goes against the lore itself.

Venti: "The Seven" as people now know them, were once known as "The Seven Archons."
Venti: Each archon presides over their own part of Teyvat. That is the role the archons play.
Venti: Only in performing this duty can we attain power, but I don't like the idea of "ruling" Mondstadt — and I don't feel Mondstadt would really like it either.

Venti: Ahh... However it may have come to be... I haven't been back to Mondstadt for an extended period of time.
Venti: Without a doubt, I am now the weakest archon among The Seven!

Nahida: Even though I'm the archon and in control of myself again, I'm not very good at fighting...
Nahida: You may have heard that an archon's power is derived from their people's faith. However, I'm not as well-loved as Greater Lord Rukkhadevata.
Nahida: If we get into a situation where combat is our only option, I'll have to count on you, and I'll do my best to provide support.

Venti clearly states that she is currently the weakest archon for not ruling Mondstadt anymore, and Nahida clearly states that she is not good at fighting because of how little she is worshiped by her people.

Never mind, this discussion is going to be pointless, I agree with what's in the profile (as far as I've seen it).

Last edited:
I just noticed that the Traveler's first key is apparently missing the Smaragdus Jadeite Resistances, so that should probably be added. Also, the Traveler getting Dimensional Travel for the Inazuma Chapter via a portal they didn't even make themselves is just nonsensical since that isn't their own power. I also find the justification for seeing souls dubious. Was it even stated or shown that these apparitions were invisible to normal people?
What ability would count as resisting the Smaragdus Jade? That's actually his second key btw

I removed Traveler's ability to travel through Ei's dimension, that's just blatant false information

Why is CM type 2 listed in the profile? As far as I remember, the only CRT they had about adding CM on Genshin was tier 4, and they agreed that he is a CM type 3.

Why is CM type 2 listed in the profile? As far as I remember, the only CRT they had about adding CM on Genshin was tier 4, and they agreed that he is a CM type 3.
I‘m thought about just deleting that thread since I don’t rlly like Genshin anymore but I can’t find a deletion option

Having archon essence doesn't mean you scale to one, and that's quite simple, nobody knows how strong a gnosis can make someone.

Nothing says she has an unimaginable amount of power, "it can be used to carry an unimaginably large amount of energy, not that she does.

Perhaps a confirmation from Nahida and Venti about this is not enough? To deny this goes against the lore itself.

Venti: Ahh... However it may have come to be... I haven't been back to Mondstadt for an extended period of time.
Venti: Without a doubt, I am now the weakest archon among The Seven!

Venti clearly states that she is currently the weakest archon for not ruling Mondstadt anymore, and Nahida clearly states that she is not good at fighting because of how little she is worshiped by her people.

Never mind, this discussion is going to be pointless, I agree with what's in the profile (as far as I've seen it).
1. Being an Archon and thus having a Gnosis should make you scale to people above Living Andrius and comparable to Decabrian who are both High 7A to 6C
2. Occam's razor says otherwise. It's pretty obviously implied that the robot is really frickin strong
3. Issue is, Venti actively doesn't use his Gnosis and Nahida couldn't escape her prison and is also featless. Not to mention, Scaramouche was specifically constructed by the Akademiya to replace Greater Lord Rukkhadevatta, and the Akademiya, who have absolute control over Sumeru, worship him wholeheartedly

Also, Venti's and Scaramouche's pronouns are both male. Why are you calling them female?

1. Being an Archon and thus having a Gnosis should make you scale to people above Living Andrius and comparable to Decabrian who are both High 7A to 6C
2. Occam's razor says otherwise. It's pretty obviously implied that the robot is really frickin strong
3. Issue is, Venti actively doesn't use his Gnosis and Nahida couldn't escape her prison and is also featless. Not to mention, Scaramouche was specifically constructed by the Akademiya to replace Greater Lord Rukkhadevatta, and the Akademiya, who have absolute control over Sumeru, worship him wholeheartedly

Also, Venti's and Scaramouche's pronouns are both male. Why are you calling them female?
1. I didn't mean they go below 6C, I meant they won't scale to Prime Archons.
2. The question is: How much power? It's not because he's obviously strong that he's as strong as Archons or even Prime Archons.
3. Venti says he is the weakest archon because he didn't go to Mondstadt and stopped governing it, not because he doesn't use his gnosis, Nahida says he is weak because his people don't have as much worship for her as with the Archon earlier, Zhongli went to fight Azhdaha without his gnosis.

A translator

What ability would count as resisting the Smaragdus Jade? That's actually his second key btw
Probably the same as what the Smaragdus Jadeite effects are listed and what other Genshin Impact characters have listed under their Resistances on their profiles. The Smaragdus Jadeite is mentioned in the Mondstadt Chapter tab which would be the first key and the Inazuma Chapter is the third one, so what does the Liyue Chapter have to do with this? The events involving the Smaragdus Jadeite are something that occur after the events of the Liyue Chapter but the effects of elemental energy and the Resistance to it is something that all Vision users are said to have, so it wouldn't be specific to the second key. Something similar is the case for the Resistance against the Withering Zone's effects, so why is that in the Sumeru Chapter key? While the Traveler doesn't have a Vision they do have the associated abilities.

1. I didn't mean they go below 6C, I meant they won't scale to Prime Archons.
2. The question is: How much power? It's not because he's obviously strong that he's as strong as Archons or even Prime Archons.
3. Venti says he is the weakest archon because he didn't go to Mondstadt and stopped governing it, not because he doesn't use his gnosis, Nahida says he is weak because his people don't have as much worship for her as with the Archon earlier, Zhongli went to fight Azhdaha without his gnosis.

A translator
1. Oh ok yeah no they don't scale to them
2. Multiple instances of dialogue in the series tell us that Scaramouche would have been able to rule perfectly as a proper Archon, and thus he should be comparable to Decabrian, Mondstadt's old Archon, or at least Living Andrius, who massively backscales from Decabrian since he couldn't do jack against him.
3. Then why would the Tsaritsa even desire them in the first place? Zhongli was also stated to be far stronger with his Gnosis by the way. Other Gnosises shouldn't be much different

It's made very clear to the player that Gnosises still grant spectacular power to anyone who uses it

Probably the same as what the Smaragdus Jadeite effects are listed and what other Genshin Impact characters have listed under their Resistances on their profiles. The Smaragdus Jadeite is mentioned in the Mondstadt Chapter tab which would be the first key and the Inazuma Chapter is the third one, so what does the Liyue Chapter have to do with this? The events involving the Smaragdus Jadeite are something that occur after the events of the Liyue Chapter but the effects of elemental energy and the Resistance to it is something that all Vision users are said to have, so it wouldn't be specific to the second key. Something similar is the case for the Resistance against the Withering Zone's effects, so why is that in the Sumeru Chapter key? While the Traveler doesn't have a Vision they do have the associated abilities.
I think Traveler without a vision has to do with this, oh well, my bad then.

1. Oh ok yeah no they don't scale to them
2. Multiple instances of dialogue in the series tell us that Scaramouche would have been able to rule perfectly as a proper Archon, and thus he should be comparable to Decabrian, Mondstadt's old Archon, or at least Living Andrius, who massively backscales from Decabrian since he couldn't do jack against him.
3. Then why would the Tsaritsa even desire them in the first place? Zhongli was also stated to be far stronger with his Gnosis by the way. Other Gnosises shouldn't be much different

It's made very clear to the player that Gnosises still grant spectacular power to anyone who uses it
1. So that's fine with me.
2. That I don't know, nothing speaks to how strong he is with his "robot".
3. I said that we don't know how much power a gnosis gives, not that it doesn't give great power. I don't recall any statements about Zhongli being much stronger without his gnosis.

This is obvious, but nobody knows how strong a gnosis makes a person.

I don't really acknowledge the verse but isn't this just a type 1 acausality rather than resistance to conceptual manipulation? Remembering someone who has been erased from history is just immune to some kind of paradox.
Limited Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2: Able to recognize Rukkhadevata after she was erased from Teyvat's history)
In Genshin, Irminsul is the repository for all of the information and memories of Teyvat. Information can be purged from Irminsul. Doing so removes all traces of that information from Teyvat as it originally existed.

To accommodate the loss of information, anything that belongs to the world of Teyvat may be changed, ranging from people's memories to physical objects such as books and letters. However, the overall results and historical impacts remain unchanged. Those who belong to the world of Teyvat, including the Archons, can have their impressions of Teyvat's history altered

Thus, when Nahida removed Rukkhadevata's memories everyone on Teyvat with the exception of few including the traveller had forgotten her.

The Traveller according to The Fatui is considered as a Descender. An outsider that does not belong to Teyvat thus the Irminsul Purge didn't affect them.

Some exceptions to this seems to be:

1) Nicole from The Hexenzirkel

2) Alice from The Hexenzirkel.

3) Zhongli highly contested.

Last edited:
Do we have any statement of the power of gnosis?..
One and only function of the Gnosis is to summon a Cloud of Elemental Energy. It was stated in The Archon Quest, I believe

Not sure if the story changed, but in Zhongli final ascension it implies that the Gnosis does give a boost of power.

Tho, that might be the aforementioned Cloud of Elemental Energy to prevent a God from being Guoba-fied by using too much power.

One and only function of the Gnosis is to summon a Cloud of Elemental Energy. It was stated in The Archon Quest, I believe

Not sure if the story changed, but in Zhongli final ascension it implies that the Gnosis does give a boost of power.

Tho, that might be the aforementioned Cloud of Elemental Energy to prevent a God from being Guoba-fied by using too much power.

Do you have a way to show it? If that good enough, hey at least it might mean something.. and help with consistency haha.

In Genshin, Irminsul is the repository for all of the information and memories of Teyvat. Information can be purged from Irminsul. Doing so removes all traces of that information from Teyvat as it originally existed.

To accommodate the loss of information, anything that belongs to the world of Teyvat may be changed, ranging from people's memories to physical objects such as books and letters. However, the overall results and historical impacts remain unchanged. Those who belong to the world of Teyvat, including the Archons, can have their impressions of Teyvat's history altered

Thus, when Nahida removed Rukkhadevata's memories everyone on Teyvat with the exception of few including the traveller had forgotten her.

The Traveller according to The Fatui is considered as a Descender. An outsider that does not belong to Teyvat thus the Irminsul Purge didn't affect them.

Some exceptions to this seems to be:

1) Nicole from The Hexenzirkel

2) Potentially Alice from The Hexenzirkel. Maybe even all of them since The Hexenzirkel does study The Irminsul.

3) Zhongli, this is highly contested however Zhongli's Character Stories still maintains the pre-Irminsul Change info jus worded differently.
This is still type 1 acausality, people don't remember a being/object that has been erased from history doesn't sound like you resistant to concept stuff, but more like you are immune to the change of past

Would a copied dialouge work? I am not on my PC so I am not able to like images.

1) The Gnosis, to her, was but a core that gathers a mass of elemental power at her discretion. But if there is nothing more to a Gnosis, why was a god so eager to gather all of them together. (Nahida Character Story, Gnosis.)

2)After letting go of my Gnosis, I never expected to see a day like this again. Thank you, friend. Ah, yes, I have a new contract here. Care to take a look at it together?. ( Zhongli Ascension Phase 6)

These are kinda vague. Hope it will help you. I didn't find the cloud of elemental energy statment yet.

Last edited:
Back