• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact General Discussion!

As in the game once you hit 0 hp you die, in vsbattle if you get oneshot and don't have regen or immortality you also die so that check out.

And maybe it's the maximum punishment that one can withstand before dying as someone with the same ap would only be able to hurt you and you require alot of that same ap hit for you to die, and i mean alot in this case.

I mean i guess but hp still doesn't have a quantifiable number for vs debating, durability would make more sence for defence if we were to ever do that

And maybe it's the maximum punishment that one can withstand before dying as someone with the same ap would only be able to hurt you and you require alot of that same ap hit for you to die, and i mean alot in this case.
I do view it as a endurance thing pretty much
But it’s weird because if something that can barely scratch you hits you for long enough you are gonna die
For example if you just let boars hit you repeatedly somehow
When in real life if you are that much more durable than their attacks you would no sell it completely like a tank getting shot by hand gun rounds ofc it’s possible to get chipped to death because it’s a game and Mihoyo doesn’t wanna see 10 DMG or 0 dmg
Plus it’s not like we have official AP numbers outside of the game
Because no way in hell are we gonna bring Hp artifact builds into this too lmfao

We could deal with this by easiest childe bossfight, maxlevel traveller with no hp artifact or weapon see how many hit he can take and take that as a value:v

Man of all thing we have trouble scaling to it's the stat that player shit on and almost don't care the most, how ironic.

With this hp conversation, i had a thought

How tf do we scale Hu Tao???

Her natural AP should be the least out of all characters in the game, but because there's no way to really calc hp in vs debating, her skill is left unknown because we don't know how strong it is, and she's the tankest unit in the game aswell in game but in verses debates she'd be a glass cannon because of how low her hp is.

We could deal with this by easiest childe bossfight, maxlevel traveller with no hp artifact or weapon see how many hit he can take and take that as a value:v
I still feel that’s kinda sus because that’s leaning too heavily into game mechanics without there being lore of
Yeah there’s this special theoretical bar of endurance you have that allows you to get chipped to death by Tier 7 Boars
I think hp should just be left alone

Weapons that need high hp to be stronger will just be viewed as the characters need to be high stamina or early in the fight
Low hp buffs for when they’re struggling and have taken damage

With this hp conversation, i had a thought

How tf do we scale Hu Tao???

Her natural AP should be the least out of all characters in the game, but because there's no way to really calc hp in vs debating, her skill is left unknown because we don't know how strong it is, and she's the tankest unit in the game aswell in game but in verses debates she'd be a glass cannon because of how low her hp is.
Yep so her elemental skill as an amp literally has an unknown amp as far as we are concerned
It would probably even have its own rating if it’s that severe which it likely is physical Hu Tao stinks

Then how do we treat Barbara heal? She literally have nothing else but her hp to scale from and if we ignore it some character are gonna get shafted really hard.

Hutao come to mind, xiao is the second, if we treat hp as stamina then oh boy is he gonna get outlasted hard in a stalemate.

Then how do we treat Barbara heal? She literally have nothing else but her hp to scale from and if we ignore it some character are gonna get shafted really hard.
We unfortunately just have to treat it as
Vaguely heals a lot unless we get cutscenes of her healing in action or something or guessing based on her voice lines and character stories she has in game

If that's the case than her heal is trash as even after healing she still need to bandage up the guy in her hangout event and he only feel less pain not wound gone and base on the description it's a just a bunch of bruise and fatigue, so yeah her healing is trash in vsdebate where she would get injuries.

If that's the case than her heal is trash as even after healing she still need to bandage up the guy in her hangout event and he only feel less pain not wound gone and base on the description it's a just a bunch of bruise and fatigue, so yeah her healing is trash in vsdebate where she would get injuries.
Yeah no crazy Regen like in game Barbara does
Lol

tbh who tf would use Barbara in a verses debate lmao

plus it helps massively for characters like Albedo or Noelle, even though we have to screw over a good portion of the cast who use hp

Actually it doesn't character with good defense at best have 3x ap and aside from noelle no one utilize it completely, albedo is in his first skill which only generate one field and scale to ap for the field creation and that field range isn't large and the blossom that does scale doesn't activate unless come into contact and albedo need to hit the enemy to generate it and it can only be every 2s and even if they touch the blossom it have shit aoe so you can dodge it pretty easily as it also take a fraction of a second to blow up, xinyan only have her shield and that's all the character....

tbh Albedo is pretty haxed anyways so it wouldn't really matter if def scaled with durability for him, so i guess noelle is the only one benefiting from it on second thought

So deleting maxhp but accept def is literally worst trade deal ever and as noele and parasite simp i won't accept it.

Point is maxhp being stamina is going to turn deku vs xiao into deku stomp or win 9/10 and anyother match in the future is going to be his lost cause he's going to fatigue himself out before he could kill anyone unless the match was rigged from the beginning. Hutao is trash in vsdebate despite being abyss mage tier and any character healing is going to be useless as they either hasn't show feat or it only heal fatigue in vsdebate as hp is considered stamina. So yeah a good chunk of the character have their kit **** over cause we decide that hp is just stamina.

I oppose it cause as i said it would **** over alot of character but 2-1 and as i see it alot of people is going to side with you guys.

i can't find it but i'll believe it, that sounds really stupid for alot of units, hu tao's entire thing is lowering her hp to buff her damage, if it scales with hp then what would be the multiplier? same goes for all the hp healers, this change would also nerf zhongli's survivability saying its connected to stamina, and xiao becomes just as worthless as hu tao.

i'd rather have these characters at unknown tbh

Well jack of no trade proposed it to be stamina and i point out why it would be stupid with Barbara yet you seem to laugh it off so i thought you agreed.

If it only affect those that directly scale to hp than im still not fine with it but it would be way, way less than i would have been if the fact that treating hp as stamina would also mean that all the healing abilities which only recover hp would now recover stamina.

I still feel that’s kinda sus because that’s leaning too heavily into game mechanics without there being lore of
Yeah there’s this special theoretical bar of endurance you have that allows you to get chipped to death by Tier 7 Boars
I think hp should just be left alone

Weapons that need high hp to be stronger will just be viewed as the characters need to be high stamina or early in the fight
Low hp buffs for when they’re struggling and have taken damage
^^

Back