• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact General Discussion!

Chongyun

Anywho, 1.5 is out and I just finished Act 2 of Historia Antiqua...

There are no explicit mentions of Azhdaha having gotten weaker, like we assumed he did. The "erosion" was only of his memories; which is basically Alzheimers.

It's really weird, because Zhongli explicitly stated that even as the Geo Archon, he was still weaker than Azhdaha. So then how did we beat him in the story considering current Zhongli is presumably much weaker than he was back then, and the Traveler is far weaker than even current Zhongli?

The only thing I can think of is Good!Azhdaha granting us his power, but considering Good!Azhdaha was only a fragment of the full Azhdaha's consciousness, I don't see how it could have been enough.

There are no explicit mentions of Azhdaha having gotten weaker, like we assumed he did. The "erosion" was only of his memories; which is basically Alzheimers.

It's really weird, because Zhongli explicitly stated that even as the Geo Archon, he was still weaker than Azhdaha. So then how did we beat him in the story considering current Zhongli is presumably much weaker than he was back then, and the Traveler is far weaker than even current Zhongli?

The only thing I can think of is Good!Azhdaha granting us his power, but considering Good!Azhdaha was only a fragment of the full Azhdaha's consciousness, I don't see how it could have been enough.
Personally I’ve just accepted it’s kinda wonky

I'm gonna go through the quest today. I'll see what happens and possibly help come to a conclusion.

I think it isn't said in the quest, but it is actually stated in the Archive description of Azhdaha that he indeed got weaker.

Said quote is: "Over the long years of his imprisonment, his power has slowly dissipated. He has also become disfigured from the various kinds of erosion he has been subjected to."

Also i didn't play the quest yet but does Zhongli outright state Azhdaha was stronger than him in it or was that just on the leak.

Last edited:
Zhongli said that even in his prime he would struggle to confront Azhdaha much less seal him and later said that despite winning the war a thousand years ago against Azhdaha he cannot claim he is stronger than Azhdaha. However I should note that before this Azhdaha called Zhongli the strongest amongst them, but this could be referring to something else since they were talking about time and erosion when Azhdaha said this.

Azhdaha called Morax the strongest because he had the strongest mind and character or smth along those lines. This is in comparison to Azhdaha, who despite being physically stronger, was eroded by time to a far greater extent than Morax.

Morax most likely won through some kind of trickery, which fits with how Azhdaha was stronger but had lost his mind, whereas Morax was weaker but was fully capable of intelligent thought.

I think we can safely regard the Azhdaha fight as a one-off thing. Azhdaha empowered us to let us beat his evil self, so in the end nobody scales to Azhdaha.

Where is it stated that Zhongli is weaker? He merely states that defeating or sealing Azhdaha would be extremely difficult. This does not make Zhongli weaker than Azhdaha, but it merely puts Azhdaha on the same level as Zhongli (Morax).

Unless you have evidence to support Zhongli won via trickery or that he was weaker, we have no reason to believe he's below Azhdaha as the information given can just as easily mean that they are equals and a fight between both in their prime can literally go either way.

Sounded way more aggressive than I wished. Basically, I am more on the mind that both are equals making it extremely hard for Morax to beat someone literally equal to him in every way.

Zhongli told us exactly how he won. Azhdaha, despite them fighting, still had an once of good will towards Morax, Liyue, and life above ground and was willing to be sealed away. My interpretation of the whole conversation is that they should be almost equal in strength with maybe Zhongli being a little stronger. Do keep in mind that 1000 years ago Morax didn't and wasn't fighting Azhdaha to kill him but to rather seal him which is way harder.

Where is it stated that Zhongli is weaker? He merely states that defeating or sealing Azhdaha would be extremely difficult. This does not make Zhongli weaker than Azhdaha, but it merely puts Azhdaha on the same level as Zhongli (Morax).

Unless you have evidence to support Zhongli won via trickery or that he was weaker, we have no reason to believe he's below Azhdaha as the information given can just as easily mean that they are equals and a fight between both in their prime can literally go either way.
I agree with this.

"With (Azhdaha's) abilities, even at my full strength, I struggled to confront (him), much less seal (him) away."
"Despite being the victor, I could not claim to be stronger than he."
Zhongli quite literally says that at no point could he ever have claimed to be stronger than Azhdaha.

He won and sealed him away because there was a part of Azhdaha that did not want to fight Morax. My "trickery" idea was just a guess, having not fully digested the content of the story.

Azhdaha at his peak was unquestionably stronger than Morax at his own peak. This is frankly stated by Morax himself, so I don't understand how someone can tell me that Azhdaha and Morax were equals, or that even Morax was somehow stronger.

Last edited:
Ok so I checked the Chinese version. So RIP my head cannon of Zhongli being stronger since the Azhdah's quote of Zhongli being in the strongest is confirmed to be about his soul. the quote is 你是我们之中最坚强的灵魂(there might me different characters since I just listen to it and didn't read the original text) which translate to you are the strongest soul amongst us. Other than that it is mentioned that because elemental beings might have the longest life Zhongli couldn't kill azhdaha. I still hold the opinion that they are almost equal in strength in terms of sheer power but if they were to go 100% Azhdaha most likely can out stamina Zhongli.

Zhongli quite literally says that at no point could he ever have claimed to be stronger than Azhdaha.

He won and sealed him away because there was a part of Azhdaha that did not want to fight Morax. My "trickery" idea was just a guess, having not fully digested the content of the story.

Azhdaha at his peak was unquestionably stronger than Morax at his own peak. This is frankly stated by Morax himself, so I don't understand how someone can tell me that Azhdaha and Morax were equals, or that even Morax was somehow stronger.
None of that implies Morax was weaker. Merely that he wasn't stronger. Everything you posted just as well implies they are even.

It is objectively never stated that Azhdaha was stronger unless you have another quote. Otherwise, what you posted also just as well puts them as equals. You can be even with someone and still struggle to beat them.

I hold that they are equals as the evidence for Azhdaha being "stronger" also just as well supports them being even.

Ok so I checked the Chinese version. So RIP my head cannon of Zhongli being stronger since the Azhdah's quote of Zhongli being in the strongest is confirmed to be about his soul. the quote is 你是我们之中最坚强的灵魂(there might me different characters since I just listen to it and didn't read the original text) which translate to you are the strongest soul amongst us. Other than that it is mentioned that because elemental beings might have the longest life Zhongli couldn't kill azhdaha. I still hold the opinion that they are almost equal in strength in terms of sheer power but if they were to go 100% Azhdaha most likely can out stamina Zhongli.
No worries dude

The two are comparable, Azh may be slightly stronger

Seems like they are even in raw power, but due to Azhdaha's stamina/life span, he'd outlast Morax in a fight.

Last edited:
I can work with that. The only thing I had issue with was the idea that Morax was stronger, which was explicitly stated not to be the case.

Nah, Morax is by no means stronger than Azhdaha. Power wise they are equal, but it seems that Azhdaha has a higher stamina threshold and would eventually outlast Morax unless he seals him.

Also it should be noted that according to Madame Ping the Adeptus's ability to create pocket realities (referred to as "Sub-Space Creation") was granted by Morax, so that should be added as Power Bestowal on his profile.

I read a short write-up about Azhdaha by a CN player that talks about the Yin-Yang concept that was lost in translation with regards to Azhdaha's personalities and powers.

To summarize it, Kun Jun was Azhdaha's Yang (represented by light, the Sun, and a man), while Jiu was Azhdaha's Yin (represented by dark, the Moon, and a woman). They are two perfect halves of each other, in both spirit and power; which explains why we were able to defeat Yin!Azhdaha, since we were empowered by Yang!Azhdaha, who was equal.

A bit late but I find it strange that in the end cutscene, Zhongli said that he allow Azhdaha to live with the people above ground but would seal him if he bring chaos to order. Why would he said that if he knew that Azhdaha is stronger than him at the time since we're going to scale Azhdaha to archon Zhongli which he only become one around the time he seal Azhdaha and he seem pretty confident that he could do so alone since i doubt Guizhong and cloud retainer is going to help considering their vast difference in power.

He might not know about his power but considering how he said that if Kunjun were a bit more powerful he would recognize him as Azhdaha i highly doubt that he wouldn't be able to sense his power when he pulled him up from the bedrock or at worst when Azhdaha fully awaken.

Even if we assume that Azhdaha grow stronger in around roughly 2800 years (since Kunjun said they were there when Liyue was founded which is 3700 years ago and was sealed around 1000 years ago) i doubt it would be enough of a difference for him to reach archon Zhongli level.

Sorry if it's hard to read, I'm not good at english so there might be alot of grammatical errors.

Power didn't matter to the contract. It was purely an agreement between them.

Morax lets Azhdaha live above-ground in exchange for Azhdaha agreeing to be sealed again if he ever tried to destroy Liyue.

I guess you could interpret it that way, still feel kinda weird as if Azhdaha did cause chaos immediately wouldn't that mean the adepti, the god and the human of Guili assembly be wipe out ? I know that Zhongli can sense power but i don't remember he being able to sense one feeling and that doesn't sound like a contract more like a promise or a threat to me, but maybe that's just me as i find it weird that he wouldn't prepare for the worst though he did forget to make a personal fund before he abdicate so maybe he just didn't consider it at the time and just trust Azhdaha ?
Edit: Also there really isn't anything that would stop Azhdaha from killing all of them if he went on a rampage immediately after so there is room to believe that maybe that is a threat and Zhongli is superior to Azhdaha atleast until it become more of a promise/contract between good friend

Last edited:
Off-topic, do you guys think Genshin will ever reach tier 1? Honkai did and it was pretty sciency compare to Genshin fantasy so i think it's likely that it will be easier to reach tier 1. And if it did then who do you guys want to scale to it regardless of it probability and lore implication?

Personally i wish the god we are seeing are not there true form and are just there avatar as they seem too weak for the title. But there is god with weaker stat than them so i don't mind and don't think that it will happen since there is zero lore hint about it (though i don't know that much about the lore so maybe there are ?).

Off-topic, do you guys think Genshin will ever reach tier 1? Honkai did and it was pretty sciency compare to Genshin fantasy so i think it's likely that it will be easier to reach tier 1. And if it did then who do you guys want to scale to it regardless of it probability and lore implication?
I don’t think so unless Genshin intertwines itself with Honkai’s verse
Personally I don’t even think Genshin will reach 6-A like where a lot of Honkai is or sub Relativistic speed
But if anyone had to scale to tier 1 probably the unknown god and a few other gods from celestia

I don’t think so unless Genshin intertwines itself with Honkai’s verse
Personally I don’t even think Genshin will reach 6-A like where a lot of Honkai is or sub Relativistic speed
But if anyone had to scale to tier 1 probably the unknown god and a few other gods from celestia
Sadly true, but i will say that 6-A or even 5-B is possible if the power level keep escalate consistently. Speed though, probably won't get any higher than MHS+, though there might be extreme amp as raiden is rumored to be able to stop time (some how) and might be a speed character being the archon of lightning and all.

Back