• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Geno downgrade?

Ugh, it really hurt to type that, especially now that he's a Mii costume.

I asked the creator of Geno's page why he's mountain level and he never responded. The page says that he scales to the other party members, but...the SMRPG Mario page has him at city level, not mountain level. I'd love to see a calc or something to back these stats up, because I watched a speedrun to refresh my memory when it comes to mountain level feats, and the closest thing I found would be the party surviving the explosion of Blade from jumping distance...unfortunately, blowing it up doesn't work as a DC feat because they didn't do that. It blew up because the Breaker Beam jammed.

I have heard that the reasoning for mountain-level SMRPG crew is from Mario getting launched to "another country," but how the heck do we quantify that?

Overall the SMRPG pages just really don't seem to bother with explaining any of the stats on the page. Most of it comes from scaling to Mario without explaining why Mario's on that level. It's pretty safe to say that Mario wasn't always as powerful as SMG made him, especially not back then.

Well, if we really can not get reasoning for the current stats we would have to downgrade them to the best feats we know of, or "Unknown" if we don't know any.

Scaling from city to mountain level certainly seems very strange. So if nobody answers (for lets say a day) then feel free to change the stats to what you know of (and insert proper reasoning for them).

I believe he scales up PAST Mario because he does significantly more damage with a sweetspotted Geno Whirl. In fact, I think he does about 9x as much damage as City Level mario. That would place him at about Mountain level, since 9 cities probably equals about the size of a mountain. That's my best guess for the scaling.

Hm...That's a really tricky thing there, Geno Whirl. I would definitely scale Geno's speed to Mario, since he's the only one in the party who can tag the Shy Ranger without the Super Suit. Granted, he needs the Feather to do this, but Mario would need the Super Suit and the Feather.

I do have a theory that Geno Whirl can only sweetspot if the enemy is slow enough, which is why the only boss it works on is Exor, who is completely stationary, and the only non-boss it doesn't work on (IIRC) on is Shy Ranger, who, like I said, only Geno and Mario can tag at all and even then only with special equipment.

I'd certainly consider the Feather part of Geno's standard equipment, since he actually has a feat with it that no one else in the party does.

WarriorWare said:
Hm...That's a really tricky thing there, Geno Whirl. I would definitely scale Geno's speed to Mario, since he's the only one in the party who can tag the Shy Ranger without the Super Suit. Granted, he needs the Feather to do this, but Mario would need the Super Suit and the Feather.
I do have a theory that Geno Whirl can only sweetspot if the enemy is slow enough, which is why the only boss it works on is Exor, who is completely stationary, and the only non-boss it doesn't work on (IIRC) on is Shy Ranger, who, like I said, only Geno and Mario can tag at all and even then only with special equipment.

I'd certainly consider the Feather part of Geno's standard equipment, since he actually has a feat with it that no one else in the party does.
I can agree with this entirely. Good work, Warriorware.

Back