• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho) revisions

Soldier_Blue

VS Battles
Retired
Discussed this with this fine fellow over in this thread before going ahead with this.

This is regarding Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho.

I'm thinking Old Genkai should be 8-A based on her being able to blast off a large chunk of Base (45% power) Younger Toguro's arm. Base Younger Toguro is scaled from a Karasu calc which I think yielded like a few hundred tons of TNT (can't find the calc, which is just super unlucky).

Now Prime Genkai (with her Spirit Wave) I'm thinking should be 7-C. After Yusuke absorbed the Spirit Wave, he performed a casual 15 Kiloton feat, and that was with Spirit Cuffs which heavily supressed his power. Prime Genkai would likely also scale to three High Hypersonic calcs which you can find here (results are Mach 25, Mach 29, Mach 33).

So the proposed upgrades are:

Tier:
8-A | Likely 7-C

Attack Potency:
Multi-City Block level (Blasted off a chunk of base Younger Toguro's arm, who realized that 45% of his power wouldn't be enough to take on Genkai and went to 80% power) | Likely Town level (Yusuke with Genkai's Spirit Wave absorbed was able to do this even with his power being heavily suppressed with Spirit Cuffs. Likely not too far off in power from current 80% Younger Toguro)

Speed: At least Hypersonic+ | Likely High Hypersonic

Key:
Old (Without Spirit Wave) | Prime (With Spirit Wave)

PS:

If somebody could find the 8-A Karasu calc, that'd be splendid.

Any other members here knowledgeable about YYH who would also approve this? Or is it just the two of us?

I honestly forgot to mention this earlier: If this upgrade goes through, a handful of other profiles will be affected. Every B-class character and even some Upper C-class ones would scale.

Actually i agree with the revision of most characters, i was thinking about it.

This is a list of who would scale by the way.

Bui and Karasu: They'd be bumped up to 8-A with their armour and masks as they should be superior to Shishiwakamaru, Chu, Rinku, Jin, Toya, etc. (see below).

Shishiwakamaru: Contended with post Spirit Wave surrendered Genkai.

Chu, Rinku, Zeru, Jin, Toya, Risho: Are in the same class as Shishiwakamaru (Upper C-class to Lower B-class).

^ In the latter two cases, that's for their Dark Tournament keys only. Their Three Kings arc keys remain unchanged.

Also, they would get Hypersonic+ speed.

The lifting strength and speed of other characters should upgraded too, then there is Hiei, who can tank punches from a serious Defensive Armor Sensuiand laslty Yakumo, which we should solidify his stats more.

I'll see what I can do about the Lifting strength ratings later.

As for Upper A-classes (end of Chapter Black Hiei, Kurama, Kuwabara, and other Upper A-classes), it was already agreed on this thread to put them at High 6-C based on them taking Sacred Energy Sensui's casual punches, which were calc'ed at 400 Gigatons.

I included separate keys for Hiei and Yusuke to give them an 8-A rating; Hiei before fully mastering the Dark Dragon and Yusuke before inheriting the Spirit Wave.

Yes, i tried to upgrade Roto, because he slashed Kurama face, but i think the best tier for him is 9-A since he is listed as a weak D+ Class, Rando is listed as superior to Byakko.

Back