• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genesect vs Saitama

The Wright Way said:
How far into planet level is Genesee.
Typo aside, I'd like to know this, too.

Genesect is scaled to Mega Mewtwo Y, but the Calculations on Mewtwo's page seem out-of-date, which makes sense; IIRC, Mewtwo's scaling comes from Powerscaling to other species, & we don't know much stronger the Mega is anyway, so.... (Still, we have non-archived Naruto forum links on the page & ones that link to calc results lower than the key they correspond to.)

Unless someone wants to correct me, I'm not sure we have Genesect's statistics specifically quantified. :(

It does seem accurate that Genesect is, speed-wise, scaled to being on par with Mach 12404

But the calc for Saitama's speed is unarchived, & so I can't view it. :(

In any case, without specific statistics, voting Genesect, via superior range & Flight; Saitama's range is maybe throwing rocks, &, if he's serious, the shockwaves of his punches. Genesect's includes things like Signal Beam & Tri Attack, which include statuses & more.

Not to mention, all the more relevant if Genesect has comparable AP to start with, Genesect's Download gives it a boost to either ATK or Sp. Atk depending on which of Saitama's defenses are higher, & defaulting to Sp. Atk if they're equal.

A Sp. Atk boost means most of its its non-physical arsenal gets a power-up
, & even without it, Signal Beam can inflict Confusion & Tri Attack can cause Burn, Paralysis or Freezing. Bug Buzz can lower non-physical durability on hit (But sound so lol, maybe too slow.) & Magnet Bomb is homing. Lock-On causes its next attack to home, & Zap Cannon, while very inaccurate (without Lock-On) is guaranteed paralysis if it hits.

In close combat, Slash has better odds of critical damage, Flame Charge can boost Genesect's speed, & Metal Claw has a small chance of raising Attack on hit... Screech (Lol, slow sound.) can also lower Durability, & it can get in extra hits via Quick Attack's short bursts of speed.

Saitama has Enhanced Sight, Afterimage Creation & his range goes farther than Genesect's.... but while he may be strong, he's a reputably unskilled fighter, his intelligence rating says he has a Laid-Back Attitude -so he may not start out seriously- & he's not that smart, at least academically.

In a ranged fight, Saitama could probably target reliably as long as Genesect stays in his field of vision, & evade so long as it doesn't figure out his afterimages -or if Lock-on thwarts them- or cover more ground with AoE attacks than his Afterimages do.

But he's still stuck on the ground, & he won't always have a convenient landing point -like the moon- if he jumps, the chances of making shockwaves from space or outer Earth atmosphere seem iffy, if he even survives there, & even if he keeps his jumps from taking him out of the atmosphere, he's still less mobile than Genesect, with its actual Flight ability.

With his table flips & afterimages, Genesect might be of comparable flexibility in its less versatile close combat, but statistics manipulations means there's chances of its speed & attack going up, or Slash landing critical hits, as well as Quick Attack landing extra hits.

Saitama might have an edge up close, but I doubt a flying opponent would keep in close range, & even if he grabs it, it can still use its long range attacks in melee range, where he'll have little chance to avoid them, & by extension, risk suffering statuses.

Genesect may be of dubious skill & smarts, I'm unsure how it compares with Saitama, insulting to either as that may sound, but the mobility of Flight & the versatility & greater variety of abilities its moves give it seem like reason enough to vote for it.

Even if Genesect did somehow end up in a losing fight in spite of all that, it can at least try for a draw with Self-Destruct; If Saitama's too close when this happens, he may end up hit by the blast, unless he can move faster than the explosion expands. If the fight ends up close enough, there's a small chance Self-Destruct might be able to tie it.

Without knowing a lot of statistics -like exact AP & Durability values & Saitama's exact Speed value- I'm voting Genesect, Medium Difficulty.

Sorry about all the words.

Basically, Genesect fought Mega Mewtwo Y, which is immensely stronger than Base Mewtwo, who impaled Deoxys, who fought Mega Rayquaza, who did this

WeeklyBattles said:
Basically, Genesect fought Mega Mewtwo Y, which is immensely stronger than Base Mewtwo, who impaled Deoxys, who fought Mega Rayquaza, who did this
Ah, thank you for the calculation link. Now if only I knew which of the 4 results was used.... Oh, & sorry to gripe & nitpick, but.... Here's an AP-relevant calc for Saitama I found linked to on his profile. (Wow, past me, you clueless idiot, how didn't you notice that?) https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kkapoios/Saitama_Splits_the_Atmosphere Unfortunately, I'm still too much of a dunce to know which end from that result was used there either.

Can I say that it's at times like this that I wish that what statistics characters are scaled to or calculated to be at were displayed on their profiles?

Gargoyle One said:
Are we sure this isn't an AP and speed stomp?
In favour of who? And if you have an accurate idea on the exact values of those statistics for both Genesect & Saitama, I'd be keen on knowing, too!

Saitama is baseline Planet level

Genesect = Mega Mewtwo Y >>>>> Mewtwo > Deoxys = Mega Rayquaza who is 7x above baseline

WeeklyBattles said:
Saitama is baseline Planet level
Genesect = Mega Mewtwo Y >>>>> Mewtwo > Deoxys = Mega Rayquaza who is 7x above baseline
I'm pretty sure Genesect was slightly below Mega Mewtwo, but still... Genesect fra, I guess.

Theglassman12 said:
He didn't one shot Garou, and Boros required him to go serious to one shot him.
"Go serious" yeah no. His serious punch was confirmed to be a lie the second after he threw it. He was trying less then none but that doesn't mean he was trying much.

When I say he "One shots" I mean he's strong enough to one shot them, since Garou and Boros scale to eachother and since he turned Boros into complete paste with consecutive normal punches in seconds, he's unquantifiably above Baseline.

Anyway, how fast are these two?

Saitama is only baseline Planet level (atleast 59.44 Zettatons)

Genesect is scaling from someone who atleast 2 to 10 time stronger then baseline. Plus Haxx and you get stomp.

@Hizack he's higher than baseline due to beating Boros. Also Genesect doesn't have any hax at all.

How Higher then base for Saitama is unknown while Genesect is comfrimed atleast 2 to 3 time minimum. And Genesect even has Statistics Amplification......

Saitama has no chance

Back