• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Zouken said:
Though Shioru did not really resist any of those, he was hit and was in an agony that threatened to burn away his very soul, and was full of a terror that shook his very core.

He did not seem to be that resistant. Only slightly so, and only to it from the Mud due to its nature. So I disagree adding it as a general ability.
He did resist them, simply because he was able to keep moving when others would have been completely incapacitated by the fear and insanity.

True, but we should clarify that it was quite a mild resistance, and it was only due to the Mud's nature of All the World's Evil.

If it were a normal Pain Spell, or Madness Spell, or any of that. I doubt he could do so.

So it should be clarified that it only refered to his resistance to the Mud.

Also from the text shown when he is touched by Mud, doesen't really seem to be resisting Madness all too well.

As I said, he resisted them, but not to a great extent.

As long as we clarify it was mild, not complete or even nearly so; and that we do not wholly generalize it to all types of Pain, Madness, and Fear Manipulation, it should be good.

The mud eating away at my body remains and steals my warmth mercilessly.
I am crushed by the thing seeping in through all five senses.
Darkness I cannot look at directly.
Ugliness I cannot acknowledge.
Crimes I want to run away from.
Every crime of the people in this world.
That is why I am going to die.
One trapped in this darkness will eat themselves to death from pain and hatred.

But.
Kotomine said…
That this curse killed Kiritsugu.
That fact knocks away every darkness.

Warmth returns to my body.

Blood flows through my beaten up body and make it stand.
It's only natural.
Such a thing.
Emiya Kiritsus had been burdened with this for many years.
He was pressed by the voices for atonement and died unable to fulfill his wish?

He said he wanted to become a superhero.
He ran around trying to help someone, but could not get anyone's permission for that. Yet, he still did what he could to pursue the ideals he had abandoned.
In the end, he was relieved by something a kid said and nodded to himself that everything was okay.

"Aghah, ah"
So I have to stand up.
I relieved Kiritsugu and promised that I'd become one.
If Emiya Shirou is really that superhero's son, then I can't let the bad guy beat me.

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update 111/

Though it is also shown in various Bad Ends that we is not that resistant.

Again, that Resistance is due to the nature of the Mud as the Manifestation of Sin and Hatred. Which clashed against Shiro's sense of Good and Order. Which was made even stronger by the end of the Fate Route.

Though it still states

"""

My throat is burning

My windpipe tears every time I breath and it feels like I'm swallowing pieces of glass

Higigi, gii, ah"
I don't care.
Tears are welling up from anger.
I'm going to go crazy from anger before I go crazy from the curse

"""

Showing that he is still effected by the pain, and it is also curropting his mind, pulling him into madness.

"""

"Ag!"
Body melts from the fingertips.
Legs moving forward step onto empty space, and arms reaching out are already invisible in the black mud.
Emiya Shirou will be eliminated from the outside.
Attacked by a feeling that his body is shrinking, Emiya Shirou still does not accept death.

"Haah, guh!"
Without looking away, he rejects it with all his might.
The darkness surrounding the body, the pain trying to melt the body, and the curse trying to melt the mind.
"! !"
But they are futile attempts.
There is no way for a mere human to resist the pollution.
The body is still moving.
The arm raised to grab something is still raised.

But the mind is already destroyed.
The mind is already painted in black, and the body should disappear into darkness as well.
In that moment…
'You were my…'
Why is that voice remembered?

"""

He was going mad, fading into the Pain and Madness. Only saved becuase he manages to Project Avalon

"""

All Darkness is blown away the instant the sheath is grabbed.

The Darkness surronding Emiya Shirou, the Darkness contaminating his body --- Everything is dispersed.

In Heaven's Feel, he is shown to be pulled into madness from it. As shown in Bad End 33: World Purge, meltdown.

"""

And it mercilessly swallows the prey in its spider's web.

My temperature rises.
A fatal fever from the tropics drives my human body crazy.

There's no vaccine for it,

but my body struggles to get away from the heat,

and my mind abandons my body and dies first.

"""

Part #342

"""

I Feel Dizzy.

I feel like vomiting

Corpses without corpses

Blood without blood

The desolate town, engulfed by the shadow

I'm walking in such a place...

So why does an unrelated image pop up in my head

""
I shake my head to dispel the dizziness.
…It seems the traces of the shadow are getting to me.

"""

From the Arm he is also driven Mad

"""

Wha I can't brea my nerves my nerves

it hurts

I'm alive but where is my sense

It's cold

Death hurry I have to quickly get it back on

It's scary

The arm below the cloth is

"""

Not sure about Type 2 Self-Sustenance. They still need magical energy to survive (usually taken from their master), otherwise they can feed on people's souls or eat food.

I agree, they need Magical Energy. Even with Independent Action, which only allows a limited time, due to being able to conserve Mana. As shown by the mentions that using ones abilities, which in turn uses Mana, shortens the time one could stay Manifested without a Master.

Saber, due to not having a good Master, was barely able to survive at various points, being made weak by the lack, and also partailly makes up for it by eating. Which partially explains her gluttony.

So, only Type 3. Not Type 2.

There's a few other lifting strength feats lying around. Of note are Asterios lifting and carrying Drake's ship, which is Class K (scales to A rank level servants) and Medusa throwing a road roller (scales to basically everyone).

Honestly I feel like many Melty Blood characters need profiles. If you take stuff from their storymodes, there are feats for them here and there.

Combat ready servants should all scale to the Asterios feat, to a lesser degree. Not only did he do it casually, any servant who can block a hit from an A STR servant and not be flung across the city would have to at least compare to them in LS.

Basically, because they can clash with them and, while still not being equal, can still stand their ground, they'd scale to the feat to a lesser degree.

The 9-Bs however absolutely do not scale aside from with magecraft or gadgets if they have them.

I wouldn't use the "not being flung" logic in this, that's common in fiction.

But they should still indeed scale below it. Barely any Servant is even close to Asterios's strength, but they shouldn't be stupidly far off.

For Edison, only the "Anniversary edition" version should get a range update, since it's the one used. Also at the time Paul's Reality Marble already "absorbed" the alternate universe of learn with manga and continued this accross the whole multiverse. Since the RM has Univers+/Low Multiversal range even at the beginning of the event, Edison's special NP should have the same.

Nah, it was normal Quertz, in the summer heat jail escape event. I have the scans and all (unless that was goddess Quetz... for some reason. Idk i may need to reread the event a bit)

Oh really? Still seems far too above anything they've done but... i guess it works?

Asking for a more proper calc using something like the skeleton of some large mammal scaled to it's size would still be preferable. A lot of it's body is just empty space between bones.

Back