• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

Also am I the only guy annoyed by how dark everything is in KOTM? Like legendary, pls learn how to light your goddamn monsters properly pls, half the time I could barely what's going on
I’m completely fine with night time fights and GVK’s final battle made me appreciate them a lot more. Plus it’s not the first Godzilla film to be set in the middle of the night. And I can still see it unlike another American Godzilla movie (which wasn’t made in the 2010s)

I mean it's fine for me, but it's important for your audience to actually be able to see the main focus

TSOS was kinda sad true, but KOTM she was killed for:
  • Just transform into a power up for Godzilla
  • Being a tradition that Mothra has to die almost every time
  • Fanservice for Burning Godzilla
I think it’s sad though due to seeing Goji crying out in pain as though Mothra’s death harmed him and pained him.

Well the MonsterVerse continuity seems to imply that Mothra has been Godzilla's guardian angel and possibly the closet of being a friend to Godzilla so I'd imagine that he's been crying out in pain after her sacrifice

Not gonna lie with ya all, but i'm not a big fan of the KOTM Ghidorah design, i was expecting something super awesome and original and creative as well, what i got was a generic western dragon. now, the body was cool, but the head design just kinda ruins it, it's like if they put on all of their effort on the body and went 100% bored with the head, it's essentially a generic western dragon head
images

i've found some concept art of Ghidorah, and honestly it looks miles better than the final result:
images

Speaking of Ghidorah, am I the only one who finds Showa Ghidorah's design to be a little goofy looking?
d9obmke-f86e4b1a-ba1a-48f4-8226-db6a3dbe334b.jpg

Like it's pretty good all things considering, but the hair or fur I feel looks silly on his head

Not gonna lie with ya all, but i'm not a big fan of the KOTM Ghidorah design, i was expecting something super awesome and original and creative as well, what i got was a generic western dragon. now, the body was cool, but the head design just kinda ruins it, it's like if they put on all of their effort on the body and went 100% bored with the head, it's essentially a generic western dragon head
images

i've found some concept art of Ghidorah, and honestly it looks miles better than the final result:
images
I heard someone on Wikizilla say the reason why ghidorah looks more western is because he’s a villain. The only film where he looks truly eastern is GMK. Also his head still looks different to many other western dragons.
main-qimg-1f3b504fda310fe36366ef864283879c

87-02-01452_Hobbit_Smaug_Bust_008.jpg

705-05A02-1250.1073.jpg
4db592dbefdebdf7dabfba7760448683.jpg

(Unlike most Western dragons, his brows are much more pronounced and his snout is a lot narrower)

It also looks quite close to the Heisei design which could be argued as being even more generic (but I don’t think that)
800px-GVKG_-_King_Ghidorah_nears_completion.jpg

While I do agree that he could’ve looked a little more alien he is still my favourite design of the character. If anything he’s definitely not the worst.

7264403-anime_ghidorah_render_2.png

Last edited:
Speaking of Ghidorah, am I the only one who finds Showa Ghidorah's design to be a little goofy looking?
d9obmke-f86e4b1a-ba1a-48f4-8226-db6a3dbe334b.jpg

Like it's pretty good all things considering, but the hair or fur I feel looks silly on his head
I really like the Showa Ghidorah but I can get that it’s not for everything.

While we’re on the subject of classic kaiju designs we don’t like, I have to mention the Heisei Mechagodzilla.
7679df0d24855a812dfd111b515c321c.png
This design isn’t my least favourite design of the character, but it’s definitely my second least. First off it’s bulky,but not in a Legendary Goji or Showa MG kind of way, more in a “dad bod” kind of way. This thing is the chubbiest thing I’ve ever seen in a kaiju besides GMK goji. However, unlike GMK Goji, this thing doesn’t even look remotely menacing due to its ridiculous looking face. I don’t know how to explain it, it just looks like Barney the dinosaur to me but if he was turned chrome to show that he’s rare or something. You can’t see an image of this next thing here so I’ll show you.
GVMG2_-_Lifting_the_MechaGodzilla_Suit.jpg

LOOK AT HOW SHORT HIS TAIL IS!!! Now to be fair, it isn’t as short as I remember but it is still small and before someone says that Showa also has a short tail let’s compare the two
KaijuAddicts-XPlus-30-Mechagodzilla-1993-Tail-Stand.jpg

XPlus-30cm-Mechagodzila-1974-TailSupport.jpg

GVMG2_-_Lifting_the_MechaGodzilla_Suit.jpg

19054406026_5f172d139e_b.jpg

As we can see, the Showa still has a proportionately longer tail than the Heisei MG and it actually drags across the floor.

My final reason is that all other Mechagodzilla’s (for better or for worse) have a lot of intricate detail but this one is just plain and has no texture.
This

This
KaijuAddicts-XPlus-Gigantic-Mechagodzilla-1974-10.jpg

X-Plus-Kiryu-Torso-Big.jpg

here-mechagodzilla-from-ready-player-one-15.jpg

ddd7g57-b869e1b4-abb9-42e2-9ef1-71596e7c48dc.png

(AAAHH GET IT AWAY FROM MEEEE!!!)
defqh39-4c856e64-7f84-4db1-b37d-2361da3af401.png
maxresdefault.jpg
Vs this.
As we can see, Heisei Mechagodzilla is very much lacking in detail compared to all the other versions of the character (including that thing shudders). That is why I consider him to have the second worst Mechagodzilla design in film history

Last edited:

Can I just say that Godzilla vs Destroyah has one of my favorite renditions of the Godzilla theme? It feels so badass and energetic, like a grand old finale to what was, back then, Godzilla's story and presence in cinema. And this was the last movie to see Akira Ifukube compose a Godzilla ost so if this was his last then he did a great job

While I do personally love MonsterVerse Ghidorah's design (Who am I kidding, it's Ghidorah, it could have been anything and I'd have loved it). I do wish they'd gone a little more alien with it.
Here's the thing. The false king should have a design that would let the fools awaken him and the other kaiju fall under his spell. Some Cthulu looking nonsense couldn't ever compete with Godzilla for the title of king and sway others to his side.

Is there any clean images of the links on Kong's profile where one of the GvK writers praised Kong's strength in the Tasman Sea fight and said that Kong posed a threat to Godzilla's rule? Because the images uploaded to imgur are a blurry mess and I can't find the source of those images

Does anyone have their own reason for why Godzilla spam used his atomic breath constantly against Kong in the second fight? I guess he wanted Kong out of his way to go find Ghidorah so he wanted to subdue him as quickly as possible, but in hindsight it seemed like a waste to drain his energy like that

Does anyone have their own reason for why Godzilla spam used his atomic breath constantly against Kong in the second fight? I guess he wanted Kong out of his way to go find Ghidorah so he wanted to subdue him as quickly as possible, but in hindsight it seemed like a waste to drain his energy like that
To be fair, Kong is agile as heck

Back