• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

I read Mark Waid's latest "World's Finest" issue and strongly agree with him about most of his points there. I suppose that my closest corresponding character mentality in that story would be Bat-Mite.

Also, the main villain Doom-mite reads like a mixture of Nerdrotic and Lionel Suggs, who are definitely not my favourite people, so there is that issue as well.

I read Mark Waid's latest "World's Finest" issue and strongly agree with him about most of his points there. I suppose that my closest corresponding character mentality in that story would be Bat-Mite.

Also, the main villain Doom-mite reads like a mixture of Nerdrotic and Lionel Suggs, who are definitely not my favourite people, so there is that issue as well.
You have quite the vendetta against them, it's almost poetic.

absolute power has bars showing levels of power from characters but i have a feeling this will cause confusion
these bars and their levels should not be taken as how strong characters are as they are actively being drained
and im pretty sure the bars dont signify the power someone has over another but each characters max power being drained

Absolute Power is pretty decent so far. I really like the meta commentary on AI and the its dangers and the stakes are presented really well and in a somewhat believable manner? And I do like how there was some build up to this prior. Granted, I'm not a fan of some creative choices, but this feels much better than the events of the past few years.

450276171_1506618669923876_4686588291997474905_n.jpg

Damian growing up is cool.

Considering my stance on DC revisions the last 7 months, you know how outdated that is lmao. I think that was written before I got my account fixed and fully registered in August.

I’m not exactly known on Reddit or Discord anymore for having a particularly high opinion of the DC cosmology.
What prompted such a massive change in opinion?

Is the story being told true?
Definitely not. During the 2-C DC herald revisions, there was a rumor being spread that a staff member "took advantage of his trip to shut down the upgrades for good," but said staff member literally hosted the follow-up thread himself immediately after, and asked the staff members handling it why they were taking so long with the upgrades.
What prompted such a massive change in opinion?
I think I first became suspicious when looking over some of the DC profiles (I'm talking long before I even signed up for a profile on this site). Maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough at that point, but I found the 1-A/High 1-A/Tier 0 justifications weirdly absent from the profiles. With Marvel for instance, 2-A profiles for Mephisto or Celestials gave multiversal statements, or Eternity's Tier 1 profile mentioned "Doctor Strange could see in many more dimensions than 4 after fusing with him." Meanwhile for DC, only a select few profiles like Pralaya mentioned actual cosmology justifications. I remember reading The Writer's profile multiple times over and being bewildered like "how on earth does this guy fit the Tier 0 requirements???"

Then honestly, after the initial shock value of "holy sh*t, vsbw downgraded Darkseid to 2-C and The Presence to 1-C" wore off, I started looking over the actual reasoning for the downgrades and realized that I had felt "obligated" to scale DC higher all that time because it "felt right" and never had a basis for placing them that high. Just think back to the Writer to get an idea of how outdated the ratings were before.

For some reason, The Writer was given a Boundless rating for having "true R>F" transcendence? There was never any basis for this amongst the standards, and looking over the old threads in favor of this, it was practically handed out on a whim. This wasn't how author avatars were treated, no matter how "meta" they were. It's funny looking over the threads regarding it, noticing how over time, basically everyone was on board with removing it eventually after realizing it made absolutely no sense. I don't know, it's weird seeing people off-site say "Vsbw is so biased now, they used to have The Writer at Tier 0!" When in actuality, The Writer's Boundless rating was an example of bias towards DC if anything and was practically a well-admitted mistake.

I've seen nearly every argument for Infinite-Dimensional DC by now, and I don't think any of them are all that good. No matter how solid an infinite-dimensional scan is, it seems there's always one problem or another. Even the one infinite-dimensional scan that's indisputable is from a creator-owned Vertigo work called Millenium Fever. I don't want to consider DC's cosmology 1-A or High 1-A on a personal level just to uphold this ages-long comicvine notion that Skyfathers are equal to New Gods, Beyonders are equal to Hands, Beyonder is equal to Lucifer, and The Presence is equal to The One Above All. Plenty of verses have faced massive cosmology downgrade metas like Umineko, Masadaverse, Demonbane, or Tenchi Muyo, and I noticed people are far more open-minded when it comes to the idea that "SCP, SMT, or Umineko could get debunked to hyperversal" while the idea that DC doesn't reach 1-A gets met with special hostility.

Let me refer back to an experience I've had recently. I've debated DC cosmology for months with a friend who uses CSAP Tiering and considers DC High 1-A whereas based on my personal standards, I'd honestly place DC's composite canon cosmology at 30 to 40 dimensional. I was never able to convince him that the God Sphere being beyond-dimensional was inconsistent, so I recalled something I heard from an anti-powerscaling rant like "nowadays, I just ask powerscalers exactly what evidence it'd take to convince them so as to not waste my time," so I asked him just that. Eventually, I cornered him into admitting that he would never change his mind on the God Sphere being beyond-dimensional even if I found 50 to 70 statements suggesting otherwise (compared to his several). He then got angry and kept screaming "you're so biased against DC and close-minded" and said debating me was as useless as debating a n*zi, and has made a weird habit of going around powerscaling communities ranting at people about my "bias."

What's funny is that if an upgrade for Tier 0/High 1-A+ DeMatteis cosmology was posted, I'd most likely agree with it (still disagree with the High 1-A stuff and the hierarchy of dream worlds though). I just use vsbw's old Tiering System on a personal level (no gripes with the new one), hence why if you encountered me on reddit or discord, I'd insist that the composite canon cosmology doesn't reach 1-A or even High 1-B. I have no problems with DC being 1-A and above, it's just that I'm only willing to accept that with clear arguments for hierarchies, and not out of obligation to "keep up with Marvel" or anything like that.

I don't understand this view of DC as “never bigger than Marvel” or statements such as a way to “keep up with Marvel.” The biggest contributing factor is that most stories in DC mention pretty much anything that Marvel has and can easily be on the same rating and scale as Marvel, though both are special in their own way of describing the Cosmology.

It never so much so that “DC did not implement these concepts right” or “infinite dimensions were never fully taken into context.” Given DC has been a company for a very long time printing issues after issues there are so many scans that can place them at the top, the same goes with Marvel. However, we made a decision to have a split and only consider a few authors, so I get the bitterness towards a revision split which someone like @Xearsay is right about. DC eiditoral or just about anyone, in general, would look at you weirdly, at the bizzare concept of a “Cosmology split.”

The only gripe against this is that like Marvel, we’re not focused on older stories or lesser-known ones with concepts that include everything that VSBW has, and we tend to just go the casual route and not dig deep enough for the extra scans. Marvel would falter the same way DC has if it did have a Cosmology split as well. DC and Marvel did their own thing so it was never about “catching up to one another.” That’s just toxic fans wanting to compare everything and place their favorite verse first. Tier 0 like the Writer we literally had no justification for being 0, that I can agree with. However, DC definitely has a lot of things that could naturally get it to a High 1-A rather easily. The only thing that kept it from keeping was the cosmology split, limited author approval, and many more.

I think that Doom Mite is a combination of the worst parts of comics fandom. Mainly of the power-mad, amoral, asocial, and depraved self-insert fanfiction authors, combining traits from Lionel Suggs and many others, as well as of YouTube poison-spreaders, such as Nerdrotic.

As I understood it, the regular power-scalers were basically Bat-Mite's rowdy and goofy, but ultimately nice and harmless, club member friends, with Bat-Mite, as the "chairman" (with very little actual control over the antics of his friends), possibly being intended as a rather to the point parody of myself. 🙏😅

I think that Doom Mite is a combination of the worst parts of comics fandom. Mainly of the power-mad, amoral, asocial, and depraved self-insert fanfiction authors, combining traits from Lionel Suggs and many others, as well as of YouTube poison-spreaders, such as Nerdrotic.

As I understood it, the regular power-scalers were basically Bat-Mite's rowdy and goofy, but ultimately nice and harmless, club member friends, with Bat-Mite, as the "chairman" (with very little actual control over the antics of his friends), possibly being intended as a rather to the point parody of myself. 🙏😅
It's insane to me that Nerdrotic still has fans. Diabolical.

Doom Mite'ın çizgi roman hayranlığının en kötü yanlarının bir kombinasyonu olduğunu düşünüyorum. Çoğunlukla güç delisi, ahlaksız, asosyal ve ahlaksız kendini ekleyen hayran kurgu yazarlarının, Lionel Suggs ve diğer birçok kişiden gelen özelliklerin yanı sıra Nerdrotic gibi YouTube zehir yayıcılarının özelliklerinin bir araya gelmesi.

Anladığım kadarıyla, düzenli güç dengeleyiciler temelde Bat-Mite'ın gürültücü ve aptal, ama nihayetinde iyi ve zararsız kulüp üyesi arkadaşlarıydı ve Bat-Mite, "başkan" konumundaydı (arkadaşlarının maskaralıkları üzerinde çok az gerçek kontrolü vardı), muhtemelen kendimin yerinde bir parodisi olarak düşünülmüştü.🙏😅
Umarım bir daha asla suggsverse'ü görmeyiz.

i feel like waid was trying to do a commentary on powerscaling but didnt do it well
hes a very good writer but doom mite seems just annoying
when thats more of the reputation of scalers outside of dc
Really? I didn't get that interpretation at all. I think he's supposed to represent toxic fandom or something, but the execution was kinda meh. Can't believe I'm saying this, but Superboy Prime did that job much better.

Last edited:
Really? I didn't get that interpretation at all. I think he's supposed to represent toxic fandom or something, but the execution was kinda meh. Can't believe I'm saying this, but Superboy Prime did that job much better.
Superboy Prime was strictly gleefully, dishonestly, and sadistically aiming at people who simply strongly dislike dark, cruel, and morbid stories. The character says a lot more about Geoff Johnns the writer being toxic in this regard than making a valid point about the genuinely evil parts of fandom, so I think that Mark Waid's evaluation was much more sensible, balanced, and rational in this storyline.

Bat-Mite here represented the perhaps overly idealistic parts of fandom, more specifically likely myself, whereas Superboy Prime was just an extreme deceitful distortion.

Last edited:
On second thought, I think that Doom-Mite is not only a synthesis of bad fan traits, particularly depraved, amoral, destructive, poisonous, and power-mad fanfiction authors, but of those qualities in writers in general, whether they are professionally published or focusing on fan stories. We host pages for a lot of those types of fictions within our wiki after all. 🙏

so for the absolute universe when that releases is their universe just gonna be like
batman (absolute) , superman(absolute) and wonder woman (absolute) ?

like how mainline dc as of now is "character name" (post-flashpoint)

Back