• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gee, I wonder what Frank West is up too

Huuuuuh.

Frank West probably shoots him...a lot.

RPG or Holey Terror is going to do a lot of damage, while Frank can also just get in close and beat him to death with a light saber or a mega buster or some other wacky item that he makes on the fly.

Oh gosh he has an exo suit that makes it even worse. He can probably just freeze or eelctrify the dude then as well. I'm not sure how well Link could deal with that suit.

The shield could easily deflect most of not all of his range weapons. Frank is much more likely running out of ammo. The Shield is put at Higher than small building. And franks best weapon is Ann rpg which is small building

RPG has splash damage so he doesn't have to directly hit Link. A frost sword still does the job pretty well and can freeze link if it hits him once, and an exo suit just makes it even more difficult for Link to win here because of its power.

A higher stat means literally nothing by the way. We don't know how much higher it is so that can't be used as an argument.

also I think I found another 9-A feat in Dead Rising?

Yes we can. Because if it's High than small building then is quite obviously should be able to block small building attacks. And link has ways to fight frank too that will be difficult for frank to fight back with. Like the power glove and Book

And what's the feat?

Link doesn't really us his hax though in character very often. Also yes his sword can block 9-A attacks but it's gonna break if put under too much pressure. We don't know how high into 9-A it is so we can't assume too much.

Uuuuh correct me if I'm wrong but Nick has a weapon that vaporizes zombies once it explodes. Vaporizing a body is 9-A, judging off TF2, so...yeah.

We can't assume it can block franks heavier based attacks. It takes hits from people like ganon and people who can match his bombs Which is 276511.5 Joules to Franks 95000 Joules. So it's a serious doubt that any of Franks weapons could break it.

And he gets his full arsenal. If frank is being a pain, he wouldn't not use it. It doesn't make sense

And I don't believe so. I believe it is Pulverizing their Bodies. Not vaporizing. But what's the weapon. I'll check. I could be wrong

Okay but Frank could eliminate Link fat before he gets a chance to use any of his hax. Besides, his explosives are enough to dish out a lot of damage before Link could even think about using his hax. Link can't dodge every attack that heads his way. It's silly to say that he could and I seriously doubt it myself. Besides depending on how the book works it may not even be useful. If he has to say something to BFR then it's not going to be helpful.

Frank is also a lot smarter than Link. He'd without a doubt be able to think up a plan before Link could do him in.

How? Link is the stronger and more durable one. And with his shield. It's gonna be even harder to hurt Link. Range is gonna do very little if anything, and he would have to get close to be able to do more successfully damage. Even without links hacks, he still is the stronger and tougher one with a shield to nullify a lot of franks weapons

And your own arguments can be used against you. It's silly to assume frank would be able to dodge every attack

Not saying that he exactly has too. He has invulnerability juices that he can drink, and also quick step, and several other things to give him buffs. You competent ignored my argument on intelligence. It's not like Frank can't harm him. The AP difference ain't that big and Frank is smart enough to think of a way around it. Various AOE attacks and explosives would be enough to do him in anyhow. Link can't dodge so many explosions heading his way, and the various upgrades from the EXO suit, should Frank get in it, would also mess Link up real bad.

Also, okay. So neither can dodge or block every attack. Glad we came to that conclusion. Frank can still fight people more durable or stronger than him.

No I'm not. Your ignoring the stat disadvantag and using the more specific things for frank to used

Ok. So let's say he starts by using his drink. Well then Link uses the book and bypasses. Or stays away and blocks with his shield till it runs out.

He also has attack reflecting as his shield does that. Which he would block a lot of franks attacks. So not only is injuring Link gonna be hard to even do because of the AP and shield. But attacks will also reflect back if hitting the shield. And Link is tough enough to tank the best of franks weapons

I already said that Link doesn't fall back on his hax very often. He wouldn't use the book right away. Invulnerability just makes it so that Frank doesn't have to worry about being hit for a good thirty seconds, more than enough to damage link pretty bad.

I mean Frank could just attack in a way that's really difficult for Link to dodge.

like explosives.

or set the ground around him on fire.

Sorry let me rephrase because I used the wrong numbers.

Link = 0.021273900574

Baseline = .005

0.021273900574 / .005 = 4.2547801148x difference. Not near 13x but still decent enough to matter.

And considering frank has a massive arsenal and will have an intell advatage. No it isn't a stomp.

Link is just notably stronger and tougher. And his shield is a decent hack.

And using your own argument. It's silly to assume frank could dodge every attack.

Okay then ignore the argument. He wouldn't have to dodge if he just drinks an invulnerability juice thing.

Frank's massive arsenal helps when Link is about to attack him though, as Link has to drop his guard to use his shield. That's when Frank can freeze him or something, or matter manipulate him to pieces, or just transmutate him. Frank's got quite a few ways to slow down Link or damage him a lot. Link can't keep his shield up forever.

And Frank can still probably do something to make Link drop his guard, and if he gets hit he can eat food to heal up again.

And now your straight up lying. I talked about the invurability. For one. That's such a specific thing in his arsenal that the odds of him pulling that out immediately is unlikely.

Link could survive the time frank is immune to attack by simply blocking attacks with his shield or running away. And, if his attacks would work, he very well likely would resort to the book. Because if none of his weapons work, why wouldn't he? It would make sense in that situation. It fits the reason he uses it against ganon. Cause Ganon couldn't be killed otherwise

The shield is much stronger and deflects attacks. Maybe with a lot of time frank could break it. But his own attacks would reflect back at him. And he has limited ammo. And if he gets up close. He is losing. One hit is all it takes. And at range link could debatably hit frank. He has magic blasts from his sword, arrows, and bombs. Him hitting frank at range too isn't that unreal.

And Drop his guard, in sorry but that argument is horrible. There is absolutely no justification for that. How could frank do that? Explain exactly what frank could do to make Link drop his guard that he would do in character.

Oh wait I forgot they were bloodlusted too. Huh.

If that's the case Link pulls out his book to go cast his spell on Frank and then Frank hits him to the book with something that ignores durability or does too much damage to just ignore. Link presumably has to hold both hands to wield the book and it probably isn't instant. Inform me how the book works then I'll concede. One hit ain't doing Frank in, though.

Also before you say anything, Frank would pull out his durability negating magic wand. He is bloodlusted so he does the most efficient thing to win. If Link tried that and it takes more than aiming and shooting or something along those lines, then he's done for. Even then a good shot from Frank's RPG could probably break the book.

I personally don't like bloodlusted matches

That's very specific and doesn't make sense. Why would he hit the book. He literally has no idea what it does, and wouldn't do that.

Also Link just kinda throws it at Ganon. It didn't require any words or anything.

He...just throws it? The hell?

then Frank could...probably dodge that? That becomes a huge non factor at that point. Huh.

they both toss projectiles at each other at the same time then. That's cool.

Also generally speaking I'd assume Link doesn't keep his shield up when using any of his attacks, which Frank can exploit. He only needs to hit him once to win.

With his Wand sure. But only the wand. Not anything else. Link still kills with other weapons

His other range weapons like the magic sword likely would be able to tag frank. Especially since frank would except a laser shooting sword.

He could dodge it maybe. Had he even known what it does. But he prolly would dodge it less times than not. Cause he doesn't know what it does

Why wouldn't Frank expect a laser shooting sword? Have you seen some of the crazy weaponry in Dead Rising? That fits the description of an ice sword pretty well. Even then that's one attack which still isn't gonna do him in.

Also he'd still use a wand or similar things that's kill easily because of his bloodlust, so that means very little. Holey Terror can also do it.

Because he hadn't ever faced something like that before. He has made those kinds of weapons. But he hasn't ever fought anybody with those kinds of weapons. And unlike the weapons in Dead rising. Nothing gives away the sword is special in anyway. It just looks like a sword

And it essentially will. One attack from Link is gonna almost kill if not kill frank. And definitely gonna knock him off his feet. Which leaves him open for the final attack.

And link can reflect projectiles, and likely could bounce back most of franks attacks.

Debatable on whether or not it actually would. If Frank takes a real bad hit, though, he just...heals up? I mean, it's not like he doesn't have a huge arsenal of food that he can just shrug down and he's from. I'm also sure frank would be resourceful enough to think past someone who just uses ranged attacks and puts up a shield every once and a while.

Also still doesn't stop the fact that he could hit Link every time that Link drops his guard, which would be often considering he'd basically have to every time he attacks.

Ehh no it isn't. There is 0 reason to believe he would know. He wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the sword. Nothing about it gives away the fact it's magical and can shoot power and fire shots.

And he would have 0 time to heal if he got hit, your acting like Link would just stand there and let him do this stuff. No, if frank got hit, it's gonna knock him to the floor. And link would finish the job before frank could hope to get back up and heal.

Hats what you think. Yet with the power advantage plus defense and durability advantage Link has, Frank isn't gonna get a lot of hits in. And Wrong, Link is always using his shield. That's Bull to say he only uses it once in a while. No. Just because he moves he shield when he attacks, doesn't mean he is using it "once in a while". That is flat out wrong.

And Link wouldn't drop his guard long enough. The only time Link doesn't have his shield up is in the middle of an attack. And if he is swinging at frank. No, frank is not fast enough to get a hit in and dodge he attack.

If Frank is already aiming the wand, he can bait out an attack from Link and hit him during an attack "animation". Besides it's not like if he gets injured he couldn't just drink an invulnerability juice and then heal up. Link wouldn't be able to do anything about it if he already tried throwing his book, which frank could likely dodge because...it's a book.

At the very least Frank can still slow Link down with freezing weaponry, however, so I don't see much of a problem there. If Link drops his guard during an attack, then it's pretty easy to say that Frank can just hit Link while he's attacking. Speed is equalized so he should be able to react fairly easily. I don't know why you're saying he's not fast enough.

Already aiming would leave him open too. Link shoots a blast while franks aiming and it would kill him. And that's assuming Frank pulls out the Wand specifically, gets time to aim it, before Link just shoots one laser which will bring frank down.

And yes it is like he couldn't heal himself. Because Link is 4 times stronger and one hit would basically put frank on his death bed. He wouldn't have time to get back up and heal. He would be dead at that point. I've explained this multiple times already. And I've explained if he uses his juice. Links gonna likely use the book. A weapon that also one shots. And it only protects Frank temporarily. Not like Link has a shield which can bounce back all of franks attacks

And that's a very big IF. Notice your saying IF. IF he drops his guard (which he wouldn't unless he was in the middle of an attack which I explained why frank wouldn't get an attack in that situation), and IF frank had that ONE specific weapon and got that blast in, and IF Link didn't also avoid it or deflect it with his shield, then he COULD win in a VERY If based scenario.

He isn't fast enough because they are in even grounds of speed. He would have to be Faster than CDI link to get a hit in AND dodge the attack.

Okay so let's cover this then

Link has: higher durability, a shield that blocks all ranged attacks, higher AP to apparently almost one shot, never puts down his shield mentality, apparent range attacks that you're assuming will knock Frank down (?), and an instant BFR book while bloodlusted, and the shield being invincible with Frank being unable to do much damage to Link.

Frank has: One win condition that you say he can't knock off in the slightest, a big Arsenal which means nothing because you literally say he can't get past that shield, and intelligence which you say also means nothing I guess.

How is this not a spite match/stomp?

It isn't a stomp. Frank does have the ability to win and is in the same tier. He carries a larger arsenal and more creative.

But the problem with such a large arsenal is makes it hard to predict what he actually does. There isn't a 1 condition where he wins. It's who wins more likely and more times over. If frank does manage to survive long enough to pull out his bigger guns. He could win. He just can't counter the shield. I didn't say intelligence meant nothing either. I'm just saying it isn't enough.

And yes it knocks him down. Bigger attacks like explosions or just powerful attacks do that. Send him back or down momentarily.

Link

Stronger

Tougher

Shield offers powerful defense

Frank

Arsenal

Intelligence

Experience

But don't you say that the arsenal literally means nothing? You continuously say that he can't get past Link's shield, and he never put s it down outside of an attack animation, which Frank can't dodge I guess, so Arsenal is out of the picture. It doesn't help him.

If intelligence isn't enough than it's not a clear advantage. Even with his creative mind it's not like he can do a lot with it. Experience is also like, debatable because I mean it's Link. I don't know a lot about this one though.

Like im failing to see how Frank can win at all. You keep continuously saying he can't get past that shield, and Link always has it up, so...by your logic man, he can't hurt Link.

Arsenal doesn't mean nothing. It's his arsenal isn't getting through links shield. It could hurt Link himself yes. But it would take serious time to break the shield. An exo suit if frank got into it is another decent way he could fight the shield.

Frank Could win if he got the hits in. It's the shield which is one of his main problems. He couldn't take a direct on approach. More explosions weapons hitting link from say the ground in front of him where he couldn't hide behind his shield or a spreafite shotgun could hit link. I just said Link is likely deflecting a lot of Franks attacks. The matter of the fight mostly comes down to could frank get past the shield (wether it be through explosives and hitting Link and the shield; wearing down the shield, or some other means) more times than not. Some instances he could. They are just too specific to say they happen enough times out of 10 to give him a wins

Also. Don't talk about spite matches. Like you're one to talk.

Buttersamuri said:
Arsenal doesn't mean nothing. It's his arsenal isn't getting through links shield. It could hurt Link himself yes. But it would take serious time to break the shield. An exo suit if frank got into it is another decent way he could fight the shield.

Frank Could win if he got the hits in. It's the shield which is one of his main problems. He couldn't take a direct on approach. More explosions weapons hitting link from say the ground in front of him where he couldn't hide behind his shield or a spreafite shotgun could hit link. I just said Link is likely deflecting a lot of Franks attacks. The matter of the fight mostly comes down to could frank get past the shield (wether it be through explosives and hitting Link and the shield; wearing down the shield, or some other means) more times than not. Some instances he could. They are just too specific to say they happen enough times out of 10 to give him a wins

Also. Don't talk about spite matches. Like you're one to talk.
Stop with the aggressiveness.

You're just making it even more apparent that this is a spite match.

What aggression? I literally listed what I think about this fight.

If it's the fact I called him out for making a spite match. Well he tried to cal me out for making a Spite match. Which is Bull. I didn't make this out of spite. I made it cause I found the fight stupid and funny. Those are the fights that I enjoy.

And do explain why I made a quote "spite match" on a verse I like? A verse I was for upgrading. And even helped giving it a speed on in the form of Chucks Helicopter feat.

I mean I enjoy stupid and funny matches too?

It's why I made that Hank match?

And literally changed the opponent when I was told it was a stomp at first? I didn't do it out of spite.

still think this I'd stomp-ish

Buttersamuri said:
What aggression? I literally listed what I think about this fight.

If it's the fact I called him out for making a spite match. Well he tried to cal me out for making a Spite match. Which is Bull. I didn't make this out of spite. I made it cause I found the fight stupid and funny. Those are the fights that I enjoy.

And do explain why I made a quote "spite match" on a verse I like? A verse I was for upgrading. And even helped giving it a speed on in the form of Chucks Helicopter feat.
You know you were getting aggressive there. Calm down.

Now, I do agree that this is certainly a stomp.

No I wasn't...... Stating my reasons why I think Link wins but it isn't a stomp isn't aggressive. Now your lying

Jackythejack said:
I mean I enjoy stupid and funny matches too?

It's why I made that Hank match?

And literally changed the opponent when I was told it was a stomp at first? I didn't do it out of spite.

still think this I'd stomp-ish
I didn't do this out of spite and yet I'm getting called out for it by you and Pixel. I tried to make the fight fair. That's why I also blood lusted it, so frank would pull it his stronger weapons first unlike a non blood lusted one where he would have a lot less chance since he wouldn't start out pulling out his RPG and other weapons.

And I only said that cause you quite literally said your gonna abuse Hank being put at high 8-C rather than maybe. Making an actual thread to question it instead of putting him against people you know he will lose against. But I didn't say anything there. I just ignored it. But now that I'm being called out, I'm calling it out too

Back