• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gears of War General Discussion Thread 1

That would be sound manipulation on the Wretches part, although it is unlikely that we will get anything higher compared to what the Locust are physically.

Just place them at Wall level for now.

@Lina Alright though something has been bugging me regarding the Kantus's ability to revive (as in not revive from the dead part obviously) to revive their downed allies. Should I label that as assisted healing or game mechanic? Granted they also done it by sound as well.

Edit: Sorry about the late reply as I accepted some overhour work so I am tired in the morning as of now.

Hmm, does the Gears Wiki state that the Kantus can actually revive downed Locusts? If that is so, you can place it as assisted healing (only for Locust troops)

They cannot heal themselves with it however.

@Lina Petty much it seems so as I checked the Wiki twice in that regard. I also need to rewatch gameplay videos for the Kantus that has appeared in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIVVP2sxtGE just skip it to 7:15 and watch it for a tad bit as you can see how the Kantus does it.

Edit: They also are shown doing it in campaign as well.

Edit 2: Well that petty much settled it as I watched the gameplay videos that involve the Kantus.

Well next comes is the Serapede. God do I remember how annoying the first time I combat it in Gears of War 3 and still recall it even on that time.

Anyway the Serapede is able to resist moderate to heavy gunfire due to its armor as it has been shown to tank torque bows and longshot rounds. It does have an ability that can use electricity from its two front tendrils plus they can spit acids as shown here:

Serapede-1
This guy will give first timers a annoying experience.

Their weakness is their tail as the tail is the most vulnerable for this enemy. This will possibly be the only exception to enemies that can get headshot by certain weapons.

Back