• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gears of War General Discussion Thread 1

Seems good, is there any videos that show the feats in detail?

From what I have seen, the Lambent Leviathan's head seems to dwarf the sizes of Marcus (on the silverback) as rest of the COG.

Depending on its actual size, I think that you can scale it to the Brumak, as they seem to be comparable in size to one another.

Also, note that the normal Leviathan can tank a grenade explosion, from the inside...

Where's the time stamp? There's 4 hours of content there! lol

I reckon it should be at least '''Small Building level'''

It seems that during the boss battle with Raam in Gears of War 1, you notice that Raam can take multiple headshots via longshot/torque bow and still live.

You also notice that Raam is much more durable than a Boomer, since he can take more shots than those Boomers.

As for what that means, you probably know where I am going with this.

@Lina He is no ordinary Locust after all and he protected himself from those longshots and torque bows with the Kryll on his side.

With the Kryll on this side he is invulnerable to all weapons in the game, so we cannot scale him using the Kryll's durability.

We can only scale his durability via surviving multiple shots with the Torque Bow/Longshot, and add the "higher" rating when using protection from the Kryll.

We can make an exception for the Hammer of Dawn, as the HOD that was fired against Berserker was much smaller in scale compared to the one that was fired at buildings/cities anyways.

Well, Marcus can physically outpower him in a chainsaw duel, which is pretty impressive on Marcus' part.

However, we have never actually seen Skorge being shot by actual bullets, as Skorge seems to deflect them all with his chainsaw staff.

@Lina Yes as that is disappointing on how it goes on Skorge's durability is, but that will be a reaction speed feat on Skorge's part.

There is also that one cutscene when we see Skorge cutting a Tank in half with his chainsaw staff and he fight with Tai from Gears of War 2.

Pretty darn impressive on the COG soldiers' part if we see Skorge cutting a tank in half and Marcus/Tai actually fight the guy.

Also, have you done the weapons profiles yet? I could look at it to see if it is okay.

• Looks like Tai managed to match blows, and not get instantly killed by Skorge, who can cut a tank in HALF (albeit a small one) in a few seconds at most.
  • Also, Marcus vs Skorge requires Marcus to lock in a chainsaw duel with Skorge, and it requires Marcus to actually overpower Skorge to blows on him. Since Marcus can overpower Skorge who can cut up a tank, well...
  • There is also the fact that the COG soldiers' melee attacks do comparable damage to some of the guns in VS play, with various weapons doing more damage than the other.
  • Bullet fire seems to come slower (compared to real life FPS games where you can't even see the bullets at all)
For those reasons above, it is not entirely unreasonable to say that the COG soldiers are superhuman, if slightly. I will propose that the Gears should in fact, physically be Wall level (at the lower end).

Also, in the article here, it states that:

The armor is so strong and thick that multiple shots from an assault rifle give only bruises to the wearer.
This would mean that the armor gives Wall level durability to the COG soldiers. Acceptable since those COG soldiers can take multiple rounds from the lancer, hammerburst, and the pistols before falling. Since the melee attacks can take down a COG soldier in 2 to 3 hits, you know where I am going with this.

We need to factor in the thickness of the chainsaw blade in relation to the surface area of the tank however (as well as the weapon being a chainsaw, so it will cut through things easier)

However, after watching one of the Gears gameplay videos, the tank could withstand missile fire from those Reavers, but not too many of them, however.

Set the tank's durability to "At least Wall level, possibly Small Building level" for now.

The tank can also take down a Brumak in one or two shots. However, we don't know if the tank can take rounds from other tanks, as we have not seen anything involving opposing tanks.

• Attack Potency: Small Building level
  • Durability: At least Wall level, possibly higher (Can take fire from Reavers, as well as Boomers; shrugs off small arms fire from enemy Locust without issues)
Also, there are times where AP could be higher than durability, especially if it is a vehicle or a weapon.

Then just rate Skorge as "At least Wall level". The tank was cut in half due to the fact that the cutting weapon in question was a blade, as well as being a chainsaw blade, which would have helped immensely in cutting that tank.

Example: A person with a chainsaw cutting a tree is not physically at Wall level, but can still cut that tree due to the cutting power of the chainsaw.

That being said, Skorge cut that tank pretty darn fast if you ask me. As for how this relates to Marcus and the COG:

• Marcus: At least Wall level
  • Skorge: At least Wall level, possibly higher
The reason that I am rating Skorge higher than Marcus is that Marcus physically overpowering Skorge could possibly have had some game mechanics involved while Tai (who should be stronger than Marcus) was defeated against Skorge.

@Lina Well as you know the QTEs (Quick Time Events when you have to use certain buttons to execute a timed action or something like that) is a part of a scripted event and more than likely this battle between Marcus and Dom vs Skorge was scripted on the spot in terms of storywise I suppose.

That is how I can explain the match between Marcus and Skorge as it was shown after a cutscene of the Locust Queen told Skorge to destroy the two of them.

Marcus and Dom's rating should still be left as it is, as their melee attacks still do comparable damage to bullets in the game anyways.

Also, Marcus overpowering Skorge in the game still does not disprove the fact it happened within the game, as the game requires Marcus to physically overpower Skorge in order to progress to the next section.

@Lina That is true consider how it relates to the game's storyline I suppose. I got lucky to have a off from work at this hour so I will do the weapon profiles while at it. Now it is time to discuss about General Karn from Gears of War Judgement.

The size of General Karn's Shiboleth doesn't seem to exceed the size of anything other than a Small Building, at most, so it is still reasonable to say that its AP would be Small Building level.

The only weapons that General Karn has at his disposal are

• Turrets
  • Catapult grenade which explode upon hitting the ground

Other than that one time where it fought Baird and the group and lost? I don't think so.

Here's the fight by the way.

Gears of War Judgement - General Karn Boss Fight
Gears of War Judgement - General Karn Boss Fight

@Lina I can tell that the Shiboleth flipped off a King Raven after it surface to the ground suggest it has great striking strength. That will also justify for the rating of the Shiboleth as well.

@Lina In any case, I will put General Karn at Street Level and his Shiboleth to be at Small Building Level as it seems like that almost all of the work was done by the Shiboleth anyway.

Alright one of the smaller, but deadly enemies from the Locust horde will be the Wretches as they can quite easily tear a unarmored person to shreds. The normal Wretch's durability is rather weak as one or two melee hits can take them down depending on which weapons are used, but for the Lambent version, it will be two melee hits. They make up for this weakness by being more mobile and showing strength in numbers as they can overwhelm a Gear if they are not careful.

Do take note though that most of the feats mainly came from the Lambent version of the Wretches when it came to it, but expect the similar performances from the normal Wretches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhtW-PWczOA, but be warn the video is quite graphical and bloody so don't expect me to hold back punches when it came to it.
Lambent-wretch
This fellow may be small, but he is deadly. This is what a Lambent Wretch look like.

I also forget to mention that the Wretches can stun enemies by screaming as well though I not so sure if it involves game mechanic or not.

Back