• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gazef Stronoff vs. Kirito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Poor Gazef is one of the coolest 8-Cs in Overlord and no one gives him love.

Speed is =. ALO Kirito is used and Gazef has the Kingdom's Treasures. Battle takes place in Voiceover Pete's greenscreen room. Other than that, SBA.

Gazef Stronoff - 7 (Pixel, Cueio, Dragopentling, Anonymous, XMark, Apies, Xtas)

Kirito -

Incon -

Gazef Armor
Kirito ALO

I can't find what calc makes Kirito High 8-C but even at Baseline, he is likely one shotting Gazef if he lands a hit while Razor Edge pretty much does the same for Gazef.

Sword Skills amp his attack speed and potency but Gazef has numerous amps that do the same as well.

I would vote incon if not for Gazef having multiple speed and reaction amps that stack and also Instant Reflex, allowing him to dodge attacks far better while Kirito gets stuck in a cooldown frame. At the end of the day, Gazef has more options and less drawbacks.

Voting Best Overlord 8-C because of Razor Edge. The lols if it cut through Elucidator and Dark Repulsor.

Why do I feel like ALO Kirito would stand a better chance here than SAO Kirito...

I mean, ALO Kirito's speed amps aren't as much, but he has the ability to fly + more variety in skills. Skill Connect would also negate the aftercast delay of his Skills, so he could keep up with Gazef's stat amp anyways.

ALO Kirito would probably just one-shot Gazef from a distance wheras SAO Kirito has to actually engage Gazef in melee.

I will say Gazef has more amps he can activate that are of a higher quality, but yeah, Kirito can reduce his cooldowns. That said Gazef has some neat ranged options with Fourfold Slash of Light and he can detect any weaknesses Kirito has if he has any.

Gazef - 1 (Anonymous)

Kirito - 0

I feel like ALO Kirito would make this fight more fair. Gazef just has everything going for him, especially with that information analysis, if this is SAO Kirito.

At least for ALO Kirito he can cancel out aftercast delays and stay frkm a distance, allowing him to heal up a little.

Gazef would win no diff if this is SAO Kirito, while ALO Kirito I'd think would be more inconclusive.

And Alicization Kirito would just freeze him

I'll switch to ALO Kirito although I'm wary of his magic letting him one-shot. That said Gazef isn't baseline 8-C with his best gear and resists magic so maybe he can take a magical attack or two.

Well anyways, uh, is this pre or post-New Aincrad? Because Kirito still mostly uses melee attacks pre-New Aincrad, so it'd be relatively the same. Post-New Aincrad he'd have some ranged Sword Skills + Skill Connect, which is what I was arguing for inconclusive, since those skills make the battle closer.

Wouldn't Razor Edge cut straight through Kirito's swords? It was capable of harming a 6-C, after all.

AnonymousBlank said:
I can't find what calc makes Kirito High 8-C
Ain't none

Just scaling to Geocrawler who's described as a rather sizable lad the length of several houses

If Razor Edge cuts through Kirito's swords, Kirito would instantly realize oh shit, then back up by flying, then spam as much magic as he knows, or at least keep his distance with some of his spare swords.

In all fairness Gazef can jump pretty dang high and Kirito's magic doesn't outrange Gazef by a significant amount seeing how far his reach with Fourfold slash of light is.

Also if Razor Edge cuts through Kirito's swords I assume that would be if he tried blocking, in which case he might not have time to react and move away as there would be a massive sword barreling into him from only a foot or two away.

Chances are, by the time he realizes Razor Edge's strength, he'll be dead.

Kirito's fighting style is to always dodge and block as much as possible without getting hit, which isn't detailed in the anime. This fighting style is because he can't afford to get hit once during SAO, since one hit could be death, so Kirito is already familiar with one hit kill situations, with good examples being the Skull Reaper, the Floor 75 boss.

Once he realizes his swords break, he'll automatically fly up and try to get back from Gazef, then spam ranged skills/magic as much as possible.

Gazef should have more battle experience as well, so there's that to take note, if it means any difference.

Also, voting Gazef FRA.

@Xmark

Yes, however he's not really afforded time to realize what Gazef's sword is capable of. If Gazef swings it and Kirito blocks he's done for, as he doesn't have time to escape the attack before it hits.

So Kirito would basically have to fly out and spam attacks to begin with, and I strongly doubt that would be too effective given Gazef resists magic and how high Gazef can leap into the air.

Gazef - 4 (Pixel, Cueio, Dragopentling, Anonymous)

So what are Kirito's advantages besides AP?

When you can swing once and someone's dead, and they can do nothing about it, then the battle would be a stomp.

Unless Kirito goes in with a sword skill straight awa--

Wait, he does go in with sword skills straight away.

Would Kirito's attack reach first or Gazef's?

If Gazef's reaches first then Kirito has no way to win here; the ways he does have to win he would never use in-character.

Don't know if that's a stomp or not. Even if bloodlusted if Gazef has resistance to magic I don't think Kirito's denting him anytime soon.

I mean.

Kirito swinging his sword at Gazef one-shots too. And there's plenty he can do about it; both of the fighters are insanely skilled and have plenty of buffs and tecniques that would make the fight something to see.

Razor Edge looks like it has more range than Kirito's sword although that's more besides the point. Kirito already outranges with magic also Gazef's buffs/resistances should let him survive an attack and close distance.

Kirito has plenty of ways to win, I'm just saying Gazef likely wins more often.

Gazef's resistance doesn't let him tank attacks like four or five times higher than his durability, lol. I'm just saying he could take some punishment before going down.

Except Kirito doesn't use ranged magic in-character unless he realizes the enemy's a huge threat melee wise, which he wouldn't know till he gets cleaved in half.

Kirito doesn't really have any way to win unless he immediately starts off the battle by flying up and spamming ranged magic, which is already extremely unlikely.

>says Kirito has no way to win

>proceeds to explain a way he could win

Also he could, you know, land a hit on Gazef. Both of them are incredibly skilled and have ranged attacks and amps. It's not like it's imporssible for Kirito to get the better of Gazef in a couple of rounds.

Said way is basically impossible for him to start off with, especially considering the only ranged magic he's shown using is a black smoke and some lighting used only on some gold and not an actual enemy. Said lightning also only works by stabbing the ground, something you shouldn't do in a sword fight.

Also yes, it is practically impossible for Kirito to land a hit on Gazef first, considering Gazef's information analysis, experience, and the very likely chance Kirito's sword will break the instant before he's cleaved.

How good is Gazef's amps by the way? Because sword skills' amps vary, but they're rarely that much more powerful than regular attacks, considering it's still entirely possible to block them normally without much stagger. The only exceptions are extremely powerful skills such as Unique Skills, which aren't accessible in this key of Kirito (they wouldn't make much of a difference anyways though).

Dargoo Faust said:
>says Kirito has no way to win

>proceeds to explain an ooc method of winning which most people already dictated is not something that can make a match not a stomp
Fixed

If Kirito leads with a Sword Skill, Gazef needs to block two swords meaning there is still a good chance of either sword one shotting the guy. Not only does his speed get amped, he also has a higher attack speed with two swords in a speed equal match. This definitely isn't a stomp.

@DMUA

Right. Battles where people lose because of their character and personality are stomps. Good to hear.

Kirito has plenty of ways to win regardless so the statement is meaningless here anyways.

Grace begins.

The funny part is that Kirito is stalemating Ainz in another thread

Dargoo Faust said:
Well more along the lines of no way to win outside of acting blaintly out of character, but regardless, consensus is consensus.

Thread:2396208

Kirito has not once ever thought about range spam and the second he gets in melee range he's going to be steamrolled from my understanding

DMUA said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Well more along the lines of no way to win outside of acting blaintly out of character, but regardless, consensus is consensus.
Thread:2396208
"Consensus"

Half the people on that thread disagreed with you.

The only thing I could even call a consensus on that thread is determining stomps on a case-by-case basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back