• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What the hell? I don't have to prove that it's not limited to age. You have to prove that it is, as you're the one who made the claim that Garou can't copy it due to it being around for 400 years. If you can't do that, it's burden of proof and I'd advise you to drop that specific argument, as it's fallacious.
Okay but no?

Again, Garou needs feats. He needs a feat of his power mimicry being that potent. We don't just assume that Garou can copy anything outside of the scope of what he's been shown to be capable of copying as that's NLF.

Age is a meaningless qualifier for how hard something would be to copy. What Kojiro does isn't any more complicated in movement or effect than the martial arts Garou mimicked, and so he should be able to grasp them.

The problem is that Sasaki's mental simulation gives him an edge in adaptation speed. If the battle dragged on I imagine Garou would grow too strong (if that's even allowed in a stat equal), but as things are Kojiro could get enough hits in to gain the advantage. Like most real battles, the fight should not last more than ten exchanges, though both would do far more in their mind.

I'd wager Kojiro can adapt his fighting style faster than Garou, he replicated combat millions of times to get the winning outcome, predicting how Poseidon would alter his moves.
Garou, who has copied and surpassed Kojiro's usage of TID, should be able to replicate the same thing, if not better.
Add that Kojiro has actual weapons with greater range, and I can see him winning more times than not.
Garou has Planetary range shockwaves that also deal durability negation, so I doubt that having weapons would do much.

Garou has Planetary range shockwaves that also deal durability negation, so I doubt that having weapons would do much.
The OP says the "most compatible versions" and this is meant to be a comparison between skill. The latter stages of Monster Garou, especially the cosmic one, would sidestep Kojiro's ability by virtue of the man being unable to predict that kind of supernatural power to begin with.

I am assuming we are using him from his earlier days where raw matrial arts was what he had access to, like when he had one red eye or such.

Age is a meaningless qualifier for how hard something would be to copy. What Kojiro does isn't any more complicated in movement or effect than the martial arts Garou mimicked, and so he should be able to grasp them.

The problem is that Sasaki's mental simulation gives him an edge in adaptation speed. If the battle dragged on I imagine Garou would grow too strong (if that's even allowed in a stat equal), but as things are Kojiro could get enough hits in to gain the advantage. Like most real battles, the fight should not last more than ten exchanges, though both would do far more in their mind.
I'd need proof of anything being even close to the level or similar to Thousand-Image Defense to say it isn't more complicated than what Garou has been shown to copy. And I disagree with the age being a meaningless qualifier, as its not just age, its experience and constant tempering of that specific ability. Why should we assume Garou's copying abilities extend to something that he hasn't been shown to copy in the scope of his copying abilities?
Garou, who has copied and surpassed Kojiro's usage of TID, should be able to replicate the same thing, if not better.
Cool bro Kojiro does the exact same thing but faster.
Does Kojiro have anything to bypass Garou's regen? If Garou as much as grazes Kojiro, he's dead.
Garou has to hit him which he won't.

Red Eye Garou is such a huge lowball for Garou. It's literally his first Key. We should use pre Sage Centipede Garou.

Garou has to hit him which he won't.
Based off of? They have literally the same exact TID if not Garou's being better, and if none of them can hit each other, then it would be a battle of stamina, which Garou takes AFAIK.

Based off of? They have literally the same exact TID if not Garou's being better, and if none of them can hit each other, then it would be a battle of stamina, which Garou takes AFAIK.
Cool bro but the more Garou improves the faster Kojiro is going to improve as well lmfao.

And still you haven't provided proof of Garou's copying abilities even expanding to an ability as tempered as Kojiro's. Like, I'm legit gonna stand by this unless you provide a really good Garou copying feat I'm just gonna assume Garou can't copy it, I'm not gonna assume his copying goes outside the scope of what has been shown just because you say it does.

Because Kojiro does the exact same thing all the time, perhaps?
Lol what? It's an exact copy that gets better whenever Garou uses it. Kojiro having used it more often than Garou doesn't matter when it's an exact copy.

If Kojiro can spam it, so can Garou.
If Kojiro can't, then Garou can't until he perfects it to the point that he can.

Get it through your head man, it's not that complex of a concept.

Cool bro but the more Garou improves the faster Kojiro is going to improve as well lmfao.

And still you haven't provided proof of Garou's copying abilities even expanding to an ability as tempered as Kojiro's. Like, I'm legit gonna stand by this unless you provide a really good Garou copying feat I'm just gonna assume Garou can't copy it, I'm not gonna assume his copying goes outside the scope of what has been shown just because you say it does.
You're literally the only one in the thread that disagrees. You're disagreeing with not only the One-Punch Man Manga and Garou's ability, but you're also disagreeing with the general consensus.

Lol what? It's an exact copy that gets better whenever Garou uses it. Kojiro having used it more often than Garou doesn't matter when it's an exact copy.

If Kojiro can spam it, so can Garou.
If Kojiro can't, then Garou can't until he perfects it to the point that he can.

Get it through your head man, it's not that complex of a concept.
Yeah bro but the better Garou gets the better Kojiro gets as well.

Like, you tell me to get it through my head when you continuously fail to use yours to the capacity that you could even READ my ******* posts which detail pretty well that the more Garou uses it the better Kojiro is gonna get in tandem. Get it through your head man.
You're literally the only one in the thread that disagrees. You're disagreeing with not only the One-Punch Man Manga and Garou's ability, but you're also disagreeing with the general consensus.
Like one dude agrees with you bro.

Yeah bro but the better Garou gets the better Kojiro gets as well.

Like, you tell me to get it through my head when you continuously fail to use yours to the capacity that you could even READ my ******* posts which detail pretty well that the more Garou uses it the better Kojiro is gonna get in tandem. Get it through your head man.

Like one dude agrees with you bro.
1 out of the 1 other person outside of me and you.

2-1 man.

....That's the ability. It gets better in response to stronger opponents. The stronger Garou gets the stronger Kojiro gets. Why do I need proof to something I've already proofed????
1 out of the 1 other person outside of me and you.

2-1 man.
I'll just keep adamantly disagreeing till I'm blue in the ******* face, then, cause I personally think that's a load of horseshit.

....That's the ability. It gets better in response to stronger opponents. The stronger Garou gets the stronger Kojiro gets. Why do I need proof to something I've already proofed????
Alright, that's great. That brings me to what I've been saying for probably an hour now. Due to the TID being canceled out, it basically becomes a normal fight. Outside of TID, from what I know, Garou should win due to his durability negation that envelops the entire body and turns all bones and organs into dust upon contact, and even a graze is fatal.

Alright, that's great. That brings me to what I've been saying for probably an hour now. Due to the TID being canceled out, it basically becomes a normal fight. Outside of TID, from what I know, Garou should win due to his durability negation that envelops the entire body and turns all bones and organs into dust upon contact, and even a graze is fatal.
Bro why you sound like this is some sudden realization when I've been telling you this since the thread started. You need some contact lenses or something my guy?

Also being relative or superior to predictions that Kojiro isn't gonna help as he's dealt with opponents superior to him in literally everyway and could predict his predictions so how Garou copying his ability(if he even can based on your sussy baka argument) and making it better finna help? Here da scan if you want. So like even if Garou somehow gets better than Kojiro if he ain't getting actually physically faster and stronger how he finna graze Kojiro when he can dodge attacks from people more skilled than him+have a blitz worthy speed advantage over him?

Okay NOW I'm going to sleep I just wanted to respond to this before I do.

I'd need proof of anything being even close to the level or similar to Thousand-Image Defense to say it isn't more complicated than what Garou has been shown to copy.
I literally said he couldn't copy his mental prediction, just the moves that generate from it.

And I disagree with the age being a meaningless qualifier, as its not just age, its experience and constant tempering of that specific ability. Why should we assume Garou's copying abilities extend to something that he hasn't been shown to copy in the scope of his copying abilities?
Experience is also a meaningless qualifier for that, and so is the tempering it underwent. We see what it is and how it's done, whether it took millennia or an hour to make, it's the effects and methods that are relevant to what can be copied.

Beyond his prediction, all of Kojiro's moves are relatively mundane and could be seen through just fine, and none of it is on the level of what Bang can do with his martial arts. His prediction allows him to adjust said moves to best counter the enemy, hence it would be a battle of who adapts faster, which Kojiro should win out on.

I mean I'm arguing that Garou can't copy Thousand-Image Defense, not Kojiro's moves. Like if Garou had a sword then yeah he could copy Ganyru pretty easy I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that we shouldn't assume he can copy Thousand-Image Defense. I'm not saying his moves can't be copied I'm saying the ability can't be copied.

Of course Kojiro swinging around some unga bunga sword with some fancy skill can get copied without a resistance, but like, Kojiro's info analysis/precog garbage is different from unga bunga wunga tunga sword techniques.

I literally cannot ******* sleep I ******* hate insomnia so much.

BTW I'm probably just gonna concede or some shit since I can predict where this debate is gonna go for like... the next 5 pages. I really don't feel like having a rinse and repeat, and long drawn out debates where I'm the main debater don't do well for me mentally.

Staying on phone makes harder to fall asleep as its blue light emitted by it restrain the production of melatonin which helps you sleep...thats why ita not recc to stay at a screen before going to bed.

Also, post scans if the other party doesn't understand what you mean.

Staying on phone makes harder to fall asleep as its blue light emitted by it restrain the production of melatonin which helps you sleep...thats why ita not recc to stay at a screen before going to bed.
I know lol. May not even sleep tonight tbh.

I look like my pfp rn.

But, I can at least concede that Garou surpasses Kojiro in some areas. Garou definitely seems to be more prodigious at least in terms of growth to an extent and has a general far better moveset than Kojiro whose techniques are limited to rather basic sword techniques. I can sorta say Garou would take this more times than Kojiro would, but I'm also tempted to say inconclusive in the general skill debate.

So I’m lost on how Garou copies TDI.
He can apparently copy shit that isn't an actual fighting style and can't be seen or whatever and is just an innate ability cause he copied Metal Bat's Fighting Spirit.

I personally think that's horseshit but whatever.

He can apparently copy shit that isn't an actual fighting style and can't be seen or whatever and is just an innate ability cause he copied Metal Bat's Fighting Spirit.

I personally think that's horseshit but whatever.
So Garou can read minds now?

Garou isn't copying Thousand Image Defense, that's utter horse shit. He's never been shown to copy something quite a complex, and FYI Kojiro is experienced with opponents who can utilize similar forms of Analytical Prediction (Poseidon has an equally potent form of Prediction prior to Sasaki's evolution.)

Sasaki also has like thousands of years of experience.

Garou isn't copying Thousand Image Defense, that's utter horse shit. He's never been shown to copy something quite a complex, and FYI Kojiro is experienced with opponents who can utilize similar forms of Analytical Prediction (Poseidon has an equally potent form of Prediction prior to Sasaki's evolution.)

Sasaki also has like thousands of years of experience.
He has 400 years of experience, but training with Thousand Image Defense through its simulations would probably give him a **** ton more experience than it would if he just normally trained for 400 years.

I also already brought up Poseidon's prediction and the experience thing but apparently neither matter cause "Garou copies GG"

Back