• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Unoriginal Memes

Let's say that's true, has GG faced opponents with instinctive reaction and Attack deflection before? That is a big factor when determining skill of two people comparable in the skill department.

I would argue this is far more simpler to determine than the skill discussion. Garou is quite familiar with giant aoe and long range attacks (see his fight with Overgrown Rover, Orochi, Genos, A and B class heroes etc.). Garou is also easily able to deflect wild attacks such as GG's extended blade attacks (see Garou vs Metal Bat for proof of this).

It's hard to sell GG's RE to be comparable to Garou. This form of Garou went from 7-A to High 6-A near instantly against an opponent weaker to slightly comparable to him, that evolution would happen way faster her since GG has the slight ap advantage.

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
Milly Rocking Bandit said:
3 seconds. It took him that long to go from 7-A to High 6-A.
And that's in one fight which is against Golden Sperm who is comparable to Orochi who is High 6-C
Actually Golden Sperm and Orochi are 7-A and possibly High 6-C for the same reasons. This Garou would scale to either since this is peak half monster Garou who stomped Golden Sperm.

WeeklyBattles said:
Everyone and their mother in RHG is capable of deflecting attacks in some way
I'm 90% that this is standard deflection that most fictional battle characters use and not at all like Garou's.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Given the fact that you've been called out multiple times for just being nothing but talk with no evidence, while Garou supporters have been actually pulling weight and gathering evidence, I do not believe you.
All of the evidence that exists has been given multiple times in both this thread and the previous one. If you choose to believe that nothing has been posted then thats on you but it has, several times.

No, it really hasn't.

Even just now, you've made a claim with no evidence. Where has GG done that? Now that I'm here, where's the evidence that GG can survive passive fear aura? You know, the same aura you said GG resists in the first thread.

WeeklyBattles said:
What makes Garou's different?
Feats that was brought up repeatedly. Just because you deflect an attack doesn't mean you have attack deflection as an ability, it happens far too often in fiction and is just considered a showcase of skill 99% of the time, unless a technique or ability specializes in it. Multiple characters in one punch man have deflected attacks before but they aren't considered comparable to Garou or Bang for doing so.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Both of the RE are comparable.
GG's RE wasn't even on his profile until the author mentioned he had it, because no one was able to notice it,nor was it mentioned by other characters to the point it would be an actual skill.(be honest here) . his wins are far more credited to his battle intellect/counterplans than straight up no-selling his opponents with sheer might after a while .

Garou can climb multiple tiers with his and has multiple statements from characters about how he's growing at an incredible rate, in speed,power and even technique. And has fought characters who can nope his WSRSF by sheer strength and deal lethal blows from the start, eventually overwhelming them in all attributes.

Epiccheev said:
GG's RE wasn't even on his profile until the author mentioned he had it, because no one was able to notice it,nor was it mentioned by other characters to the point it would be an actual skill.(be honest here).
You must have never seen Jade VS Gildedguy then.

GG vs Jade isn't even an impressive showing of GG's Reactive Power Level. I don't know why it's even mentioned at all when it wasn't a serious serious battle and GG hit a distracted Jade and he only reached up to whatever you consider that level is after his armor was damaged severely by Jade.

Wait a minute, since Garou can't get his AP up to High 6-A due to the cap then He can get his durability to Multi-Continental Level and amp his speed in 3 seconds with RE so.....

You mean when she gets knocked out after getting hit by his sword straight in the chin while distracted by the falling statue? if that's what you mean then, yeah.

WeeklyBattles said:
As for people saying that Fry is nothing compared to Garou please look at these videos
Which skill feats are there in this? I watched the entire vídeo, nothing in here makes he comparable to Garou ability-wise.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Still voting for Gildedguy.
Garou is more skilled, but Gilded has held his own against numerous fighters with comparable skills, and has even out-skilled some of them. So Garou's slight advantage in skill won't do much.

Garou also might have experience when taking on swords, but he hasn't dealt with a sword that could become dozens of meters long. Even his Instinctive Reaction won't do much if Gildedguy just swings the extended sword around everywhere like when he fought against Bog.

Both of the RE are comparable. Even if we assume Garou's is better, Gilded's slight initial AP and Durability advantage will allow him to retain those advantages for quite a while.
He has dealt with people who:

Danmaku;

Use swords;

Have ranged danmaku;

Have projectile Danmaku;

Have swords and did Danmaku.

He already dealt and won against people who fight like GG before.

I tend to not vote when one character is unfamiliar or if I don't feel everything relevant about him has been explained accurately

Scaling looks iffy, the Garou that fought Golden Sperm isn't half monster Garou. We treat half monster Garou as post-Darkshine Garou, so he's >>> 203 megatons.

I explained why Bang isn't baseline 7-A last thread, but Garou took attacks from Overgrown Rover (who is greater than or equal to 203 megatons), then adapted further, THEN fought Darkshine who was strong enough to break Garou's ribs in one punch, but adapted to be strong enough to catch and completely halt Darkshine's punch while harming him.

Garou's RE allowing him to tier jump is relevant because although he's obviously not gonna go to High 6-A in this fight, it shows that Garou's RE is >>> Gildedguy's.

Voting Garou, for my reasons and reasons above.

I still haven't found evidence for Fry having AR and RE, the fact he doesn't have a profile doesn't help either.

I'm just letting everyone know, Gildedguy "won" against Fry when Gildedguy gave up trying to beat him in a sword match because Gildedguy was getting beaten on and just grabbed Fry's pan out of his hand.

A9C53ACD-5CE6-4CFD-81F2-D036741877DF
2384551B-46B7-49E7-9180-6B6A22343AD3
6EC0C953-2ADB-40BF-B6D0-6131DAE58311
So, if anyone wants to use Gildedguy vs Fry to support a wincon, please provide detail explanations and, to help, scans.

GyroNutz said:
Scaling looks iffy, the Garou that fought Golden Sperm isn't half monster Garou. We treat half monster Garou as post-Darkshine Garou, so he's >>> 203 megatons.
You can see peak half human Garou ragdolling Golden Sperm here: https://********.org/chapter/55504/4

He did evolve after fighting Darkshine and wandering around the MA. The Garou in this match is the one right after Darkshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back