• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Garnet of the Crystal Gems vs Dreadnought, one of the God King's greatest. Speed equalized, fight takes place on an abandoned island, both characters are bloodlusted, morals off. Who wins?

So...what kind of Dread? I assume Castraferrum, since that's most common, but is it standard or a special variant (Mortis, Ironclad, Assault, etc.)? Which weapons is it armed with?

Dreadnought should be way better geared and experienced, and since Garnet's precognition is pretty bad, I'll definetely go for him.

@DMUA They likely have around the same level of experience unless there are Dreadnoughts over 6000 years old, and Garnet's precog is by no means bad

It gives her every possible timeline with no indication of which one will actually play out. I'd call that pretty bad.

And, considering how Dreadnaughts are some of the best Space Marines in history, they'd probably have a slight edge over Garnet.

@DMUA Correction, it gives her every possible occurrence and then she works towards the one she wants to play out, its by no means bad

Considering Garnet and Bismuth alone were able to take down what basically amounts to four armies of Jaspers, which are some of the best soldiers in the Homeworld Army, Garnet is no slouch

Either way, the Dreadnaught definetly has way more firepower.

Well I'm pretty sure Standard Battle assumptions says that they get their best st-

Equipment: Standard equipment.

Oh.

Inconclusive then, leaning towards Garnet.

I don't know enough about the franchise, so, standard Dreadnought equipped with whatever the standard loadout for Dreadnought's

DMUA said:
Equipment: Standard equipment.
Exactly. A Dread's "standard equipment" depends entirely on the model and designation. You wouldn't see a Contemptor with a Cyclonic Melta-Lance or a Leviathan with a Conversion Beamer, for example.

Weapon options for a basic Castraferrum and its variants are already listed, I'm pretty sure.

The problem is that you can't just say "the Dreadnought has all its weapons" because a Dreadnought doesn't have two dozen arms. lmao

Now I really want to make a Dreadnought match. This is cool stuff.

Though just taking a guess, assuming this is a standard Castraferrum, it would likely have a Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon (with underslung Heavy Bolter) for one arm and a Multi-Melta for the other.

In place of a Multi-Melta it would be equally as likely to have a Lascannon, Assault Cannon, or Plasma Cannon. It would have an extremely low chance of having a second DCCW. In place of its primary DCCW, it would have a moderate chance of having a Heavy Flamer in place of the Heavy Bolter, and a lower chance of having a Missile Launcher replacing the DCCW entirely.

Thinking about it, as much as I love Warhammer 40K, got to give this to Garnet. She's vastly more agile, can regenerate from her gem, which I doubt the Dreadnought would think to shatter first time around (Than again, in the imperium, there is no kill like overkill, so it's plausable), and her precog would just seal the Dreadnought's fate.

So, Azzy, since you clearly know more about this than I do, would you care to run this thread? I feel like you'd run it better than I would.

I mean, I dunno? At this point I guess you don't really need to do much but count votes, and I haven't even really formulated a proper opinion on the match, yet.

Back