• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
This isn't going to go well.....

Since Link doesn't have the Hax or regen to beat those that AP stomp him, Ganon is the only alternative with his Low Godly Regenerationn.

Speed is Equal this time as well, and of course, 4B for both.

Sephiroth:

Ganondorf:

Well... Sephy is stated in his profile to be able to strike souls directly (meaning his AP would be of use here), aside the Death Manipulation the skills and magic FFVII grants. However, I don't remember where he used said ability or how it works exactly, nor I could find an explanation. So if someone can fill me on it, please do.

One thing I can think of, is that, as seen in the battle with Gi Nattak the cast can strike disembodied souls directly and destroy them. But it depends on how appliable it is.

If that doesn't work... there isn't much Sephiroth can do, to be honest. Gordon here resists all of Sephy's hax and viceversa, except for reality warping. So if anything Sephy will destroy Ganon's body a couple of times only for Ganon to wish away Sephy. Sephiroth can come back eventually, but his resurrections, as far as I know, take time so they aren't really combat appliable. And even if he turns the Masamune into a holy weapon that would only ease Ganon's physical destruction, but don't really stop the regen.

BFR isn't much of an option for neither of them. Ganon can simply jump back and Sephy can easily resist being sent to the Void.

If Ganon uses the Triforce off the bat then I can see him winning, since it manipulates the fate itself, then if not Sephy probably takes it Mid to High diff.

I don't know why but I feel like there's some Death Manip in Zelda that we've overlooked, just my feeling tbh

I meant resistance to Death Manip, I can't shake the feeling that he's resisted it before somewher, but I can't remember, or that he'd scale from someone,

Idk how to explain bruh, my gut is telling me this

Oh, he probably scales from MM's Link resising Sharp's death music curse, as Link resists curses thanks to the ToC which this Ganon has. But it's bad, so Sephy can probably bypass it if he keeps it up for some time.

Hold up, Hold up, Link in Majora's mask don't got ToC, he got it when he pulled the Master sword which he never did in tha child timeline

No, he gets it back in the Child Timeline. Hyrule Hystoria confirms it. Probably similarly to he Ganon obtained the ToP in the same timeline.

The Triforce split up again when he came back to the child timeline. You can even see Link and Zelda have the marks of their resepective Triforce pieces on their hands when he meets her again at the end screen, so he does still have it.

Wait a second, FR? scans of this please? is the first itme I hear of this, I was positive he did not posses it.

Also goin out so gonna reply later

Wait, Ganondorf does not have Death Manipulations resistance? That's a surprise. I mean, I now get, as Triforce mentions, that the ToC grants a basic resistance to it. But I could have sworn Ganondorf laughed off Death Inducement. Still, wouldn't his regen help him recover from that?

I guess it depends on how Sephy's soul attacks work and how well his Death Manipulation can affect Ganondorf. Otherwise, Ganondorf will simply end it with the Triforce.

No, no, I didn't mean EE.

I meant two things: From what I got, Ganon has some basic resistance to Death Manipulation, Sephy has several Death Inducing attacks, so would they work? If they do, would Ganon's regen help him recover or the effects would stick?

The other is that Sephiroth in his profile is stated to be able to strike souls directly, would he be able to attack Ganon's soul as he tries to reform or during combat? If he can actually attack souls, does Sephy AP have a part in the equation as well? It depends whether it's an offensive soul hax (which would be useless against Ganondorf) or a support hax that allows him to target souls (which may consider AP and thus may overpower Ganon's resistance.).

I can't remember Sephy's use of this ability so I don't know its nature. I remember that the FFVII cast could attack and destroy disembodied souls, but whether that's appliable or not is also something I am not sure about.

Idk bruh, he just Regen from his soul si if it Kill the body then he fine.

Besides, even if he get destroyed he can just possess Seph, and also don't forget that Ganon can read minds, he's done that to Zelda

Isk how he attack the soul directly but I don't recall that being his first move ain't heartless Angel his first move?

I think so too, Sephy can kill Ganon with death hax, but Ganon can just put his soul back on his body.

It's not that easy, Sephy has a monumental Soul and Mind resistance. He could preserve his own self in the Lifestream, a, long story short, planetary current that acts as will and life of the FFVII planet, where all souls are assimilated into a collective after death. Essentially his mind would fade and his soul assimilated, but he resisted that and his magic capabilities came from starting to absorb the cumulative knowledge of said collective, as well as corrupting it to create Geostigma.

Not from what I recall, in Crisis Core he tends to usually begin teleporting to the opponent and striking quickly with the sword. As Safer Sephiroth he casts support magic on himself.

Still trying to find out if he can attack souls or not, or how that ability works exactly.

So Sephiroths most obvious advantages are that he resists most of Ganons best hax, is 3000 times more powerful and durable than Ganon, has means to get past the regen since he can hit souls (Ganons resistance to direct attacks on his soul isn't gonna help against strikes from someone immensely superior to himself) so two strikes is really all Sephy needs.

However the only thing preventing me from voting is Sephiroths resistance to BFR, since BFR can be achieved in many ways I'm not sure if said resistance stops him from being sent into another dimension. I know next to nothing about FF VII so I'd like to know the specifics of how the resistance works.

@Dust: Well, long story short, Sephiroth can resist getting sent to the Void, the space of nothingness that connects together the Final Fantasy multiverse. More precisely, the Remove spell in the game, which is actually "Dezone" in the japanese version, is a recurring ability consistently described as sending opponents to other dimensions and in FFV, ExDeath, the main Villian, uses it to banish one of his subordinates as part of the story. Sephiroth is completely immune to said spell. This is important because nowadays FF is considered part of the same multiverse and many of the same lore, abilities, spells, summons and elementsa really are the same through the franchise, just with variations.For example, there were never Fire1, Fire2 and Fire3 spells that were changed names in FFVIII, they always were Fire, Fira and Firaga "mistranslated".

@Casualty: It's... actually a viable option, Reality Warping is within the power scope of the Triforce which Ganon used in A Link to the Past and as shown in Skyward Sword, the Triforce can be weaponized to eliminate someone. The issue is how in the story it needed heavy nudging for it to be considered for that use, as you say.

Back