• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
2 years prep for ahriman? He succeeds in his goal and becomes the 5th 6th 7th chaos good obviously.

In all seriousness, 2 years of prep for him seems like too much honestly. Not sure how it would go with ganondorf getting prep and ahriman not, but in general I feel like Ahriman takes this. Don't count a vote yet though.

Same tho

I mean, with way less than two years he beat the Yncarne, which the chaos God's themselves couldn't look upon due to it's nature, so there's that. There's also his whole incineration of solar systems, conjuring of black holes, and creation of warp storms.

Much of what ganondorf's prep could accomplish seems like it would be rendered moot thanks to ridiculous precog, unless we start getting very speculative. Just to be sure, Ganondorf's not allowed to directly affect him during prep consequence free, right?

During prep, no.

Anyways, I'll count that as one for Ahzek for now.

I don't think it constitutes a problem since apparently Ganon can whistle people away from all of existence and even separate non corporeal dimensions in a single wish given this ammount of prep.

Ahzek Ahriman: 1 (Wokistan)

Ganon:

Inconclusive:

Yeah no, this is Spite

Ganon gets stomped so hard I will actually lose faith in humanity if people argue for Ganon

I actually made it with the thought of a legit match, not kidding. Based on people being *very* adamant about the wishing away deal in the previous thread no matter how many times it was questioned and the votes based on that being counted.

I only added the possibility of prep for Ahriman in case it was necessary.

He probably stomps without it tbh. His degree of precog should negate basically all of Ganondorf's prep by telling him what he did and that he should open with an instakill, which he's more than capable of.

I mean just one second of prep lets him view a boat load of possibilities and use them to kick the opponent's teeth in.

That said, I'll let Azzy handle this.

There was a paragraph in one of his books where he basically preemptively counters an entire group of people trying to kill him with utmost ease via his precog and shit, doing stuff like redirecting someone elses spell to their partner before he even started it, popping one dude off the bat and killing another by slamming the spray of gore into it, and all before everyone reacted. I own it as a physical copy though, so getting the exact quote rn would be inconvenient. It was in less than nanoseconds, and extremely casual the entire time. His beating of the Yncarne also either had very little or no prep, don't remember fully.

Wokistan said:
His beating of the Yncarne also either had very little or no prep, don't remember fully.
His prep mostly amounted to "he was aware the Ynnari were coming, shortly beforehand", iirc. Either way, I can probably nab some relevant quotes, just for the hell of it.

So Ahriman is basically the canon version of Absolute Preptime Batman?

k', noted. I'll just by removing that completely from the OP instead of even leaving the possibility.

Here's some fun stuff.

• Ahriman's Divination meaning he can make his attacks hit exactly where they need to.
"Sobek battled two of the beasts, his left arm held in the beak of a white-furred shrike as it attempted to saw through his shoulder. The second beast's wings boomed as it hovered above his Practicus in a dust-filled whirlwind, raking Sobek's armour with tearing claws.

Astartes and predatory killers fought in a confused mass of thrashing limbs, blades and claws. Ahriman swung his pistol around and drew on Aaetpio's connection to the Great Ocean, tracing the myriad potential pathways of the future to follow the path his bolt would take in a fraction of a second. He squeezed the trigger twice in quick succession.

The first bolt punched through the skull of the shrike holding Sobek down, the second exploded the heart of the hovering beast, both impact points less than ten centimetres from Sobek's body. Both beasts collapsed, slain instantly by Ahriman's precision kill-shots.
" - A Thousand Sons, pg 356

• Pre-Heresy Ahriman watching an entire battle before it plays out.
"Ahriman's head was encased in a gleaming hood of shimmering light, a gossamer-thin matrix of precisely cut crystals hewn from the Reflecting Caves beneath Tizca. His mind floated in a meditative state, unbound from his mortal flesh and occupying a detached state in the higher Enumerations.

Fine copper wires trailed from this crystal hood, their nickel-jacketed ends immersed in psi-reactive gels that amplified Ahriman's thoughts and allowed others to receive them. His mind skimmed the surface of the Great Ocean, allowing Aaetpio to guide the currents of potential futures his way. This close to the present, such echoes were easy to find, and it was a simple matter for a Tutelary of a Master of the Corvidae to pluck them from the aether.

His heightened sensitivity to the immediate future gave him an unmatched situational awareness. He could read the flow of thermoclines across the mountains, see every aircraft, and feel the fears of their crews as they surged towards Phoenix Crag. His awareness floated above the unfolding assault, reading its ebbs and flows as surely as if it were a slow-moving battle simulation.
" - A Thousand Sons, pg 332

• Ahriman before achieving his current power level shows off his absolutely ridiculous awareness of the fight he's in.
"Ahriman kept walking towards the centre of the hangar bay. Fire flicked towards him and he deflected it with a twitch of his thoughts. Power flowed through him and radiated outwards in a halo of blue flame. It was so simple, like being half blind and now able to see again. Ahriman could see Kadin now, standing on the gantry at the top of the machine tower, fire spitting from the barrel of his bolter. Carmenta lay on the floor behind Kadin. Cables crawled over her from where they spilled from access panels and data ducts. Silvanus crouched beside her; he had his eyes screwed shut. Ahriman stopped. He was at the centre of the hangar bay now, at the base of the tower from which Kadin was still firing. Ahriman's dozen Rubricae formed a circle around him, facing outwards.

A thought from Ahriman and they stopped firing. A metre beyond their circle explosions danced across an invisible barrier. Astraeos looked at Ahriman with a flicker of concern. The hangar was full of Amon's forces, hundreds of Rubricae encircling them in an unbroken wall. +This will work?+ Ahriman smiled. He looked at the army of Rubricae gathered in the hangar. He spoke their names, rolling them through the warp like the notes of a song. Other minds rose to oppose him, but he poured his will into the song of names. The warp felt like a river of fire as it flowed through him. The Rubricae stopped firing. Astraeos looked at Ahriman as if he had never really seen him before. +It's not over yet,+ sent Ahriman. He could feel the sorcerers who stood at the back of the ranks of Rubricae recoiling in shock at what had just happened. There were thirty-six of them.

A good number and all were powerful, but not powerful enough. The air became heavy, laden with static and the scent of ozone. He felt the wills of the thirty-six sorcerers push into the warp. Huge pieces of wrecked machinery rose into the air as if pulled on invisible chains. Ahriman nodded to himself as if impressed. The pieces of wreckage hurtled towards him. His mind reached out and plunged into each piece of twisted metal. He felt their weight, their dimensions, and the spinning of their atoms. He formed a thought, and it caught in the warp like a spark set to kindling. The wreckage dissolved as it flew, falling to the deck as a rain of fine metallic sand.
" - Ahriman: Exile, pg 192

• Ahriman BFRs the hell out of Yvraine, the Visarch, and the Yncarne.
"Yvraine felt her hatred flare hot, her gyrinx growling at her side. There was their leader, commanding the throng from his perch on a disk of fiery metal. Casting aside her finery, she shot towards him like a living missile, her companions close on her heels. Calmly putting his staff aside, the champion of Tzeentch cupped his hands as if trapping a winged insect, and hurled a handful of nothingness upwards with a roar.

Along with the Visarch and the Yncarne, Yvraine suddenly found herself adrift -- not within the webway, but without. They were stranded in a near-silent limbo, trapped on the top of the psychocrystal walls. The sounds of battle were muffled beneath them, and the cool void sucked in its breath at their backs. Yvraine did not look around, for she felt something there, in the darkness. A voice in her mind said should she do so, she would behold the Changer of Ways himself, and learn the meaning of madness. That voice was not Eldar, but a human; it belonged not to a salvaged soul, but to the Arch-Sorcerer below. Another joined it; that of Elierrogh the Sage, one of the spirit passengers within her. She had studied this one at length.

A flash of insight struck Yvraine. 'Ahzek Ahriman!' she shouted, 'I have that which you seek. I can restore your brethren!'

A stone's throw away, the Visarch cut at the webway's exterior with the Sword of Silent Screams, but he could not scratch it. The Yncarne hissed in pain to her flank, trailers of purple mist unwinding from its body as it was dissolved by the aether behind.

'And why should I believe that?' came the sorcerous voice in Yvraine's head. 'You have no power here, in my new domain.' She felt white heat as something loomed behind, the fell gaze of godly eyes burning down upon her with terrible, inhuman focus." - Fracture of Biel-tan

• Ahriman watching the "billion branching futures" of the next nanosecond all before it actually occurs while in the middle of combat.
"He felt all sense fall away. Everything became distant, just another pattern spinning through the quiet stillness. He could see the possibilities of the next nanosecond, multiply and collapse. He saw the Rubricae climbing over the walls, the molten stone squashing beneath their feet. He saw Astraeos fall. He saw a figure of fire waiting at the end of a billion branching futures. He was the storm, the still point around which the warp turned." - Ahriman: Sorcerer

But does any of that matter when Ganon with 2 years of prep can just make any wish instantly come true?

Define "Instant". Also seems OOC, and Ahriman may resist depending on what that power is anyways.

That's the joke. I gave Kudos to Azzy's post because that reply is me playing around the idea brought up in the previous thread.

Walls of text were made against this particular point. Yet a bunch of votes for Ganon were based around "Ganon via insta-erase wish". Including, and I quote: "Making *EVERYTHING* that translates to his enemy, be extinguished to oblivion in a single wish" feats be damned.

FateAlbane said:
But does any of that matter when Ganon with 2 years of prep can just make any wish instantly come true?
Probably, since Ganon can't directly affect Ahriman during said two years, and the second the battle starts, he can see every outcome of what Ganon is going to do with said wishes before the first nanosecond of it occuring even rolls over.

Now I also feel the need to clarify I'm aware this was a joke, which is why this is crossed out.

Thanks, internet sarcasm.

Also If it's as legit as people have been making it out to be, it should be textbook what I have just said as NLFsh as that deal sounds. It literally is "Ganon gets whatever wish he wants during the two years of prep and proceeds to whipe everything that translates to Ahriman from the face of existence as soon as the match starts."

Who even gives people that much prep in a match though, unless its like an army fighting another what exactly does anyone need 2 years for lol

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Now I also feel the need to clarify I'm aware this was a joke, which is why this is crossed out.

Thanks, internet sarcasm.
Yourplanfailed
The day has come. I have finally successfully baited Azzy. ovo
Also real talk now, is the match fair under the current conditions or nah?

@Fate

Not sure. Unless Ganon knows exactly what Ahriman can do, Ahriman probably "lol nope"s him as soon as the actual match starts, as he knows exactly what Ganon can do, regardless.

Doubt it tbh. I asked Cal about composite link vs Ahriman a little while ago, and he said that Link loses really badly and it may or may not be a stomp, and this is just Triforce Ganondorf.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Fate
Not sure. Unless Ganon knows exactly what Ahriman can do, Ahriman probably "lol nope"s him as soon as the actual match starts, as he knows exactly what Ganon can do, regardless.
Welp, that settles it then. If I made Ganon be able to get prior knowledge on Ahriman would that change anything?

If not, then yeah, feel free to close for stomp.

@Fate

Maybe?

I'm legitimately not sure what he could do about it though, as prep restricts him from directly affecting Ahriman, regardless.

Back