• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Introduction:

Hey, all!

So, as you might've guessed by the title of the CRT, this one is gonna be tackling the top dog of the Game Sonic Universe. It's time to bring back Hyper Sonic. It's time to grab your forks and knives, because it's time to dig in on this one.

Canonicity:
The Super Emeralds make an appearance in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, where it's used to achieve the Hyper States (or Super State for Tails). Many say the form is nothing but an add-on, since it was stated that the Super Emeralds were just a bonus thrown in for the mix.

However, their most recent appearance of a modern game is within Sonic Mania during a boss fight. You're taken to the Master Emerald shrine room for a boss fight, so they're cameos. Not only that, but they also appear in Sonic Adventure on top of each of those pillars, which you can tell are the SEs due to their larger size. Meaning that, while never directly talked about or referenced, they're still part of the lore and obtaining their power should still be feasible.

Plus, c'mon. Being an add-on doesn't discredit it all too much.

Who Gets It:
Sonic, Classic Sonic, and Knuckles are the only ones who get it. They're the only ones who've used the Super Emeralds to achieve a "Hyper" state. Tails just achieved his Super Form with it.

Super Emeralds:
I rewrote the page got the Super Emeralds in this blog, as it'll be important for the return of Hyper Characters. Nothing really new, just two separate keys instead of one.

The Ratings and Reasonings:
Hyper Sonic: At least 2-C (Vastly superior to Super Sonic, who can fight the likes of the Egg Wizard and Solaris at his strongest. Powered by the Super Emeralds)

Hyper Classic Sonic: At least Low 2-C (Vastly superior to Super Sonic, who can fight and defeat the Time Eater)

Hyper Knuckles: At least 4-A, likely far higher

The difference between them is simple. Sonic is the one that's fought Tier 2 beings and the like, which is why he's the one that's considerably higher. Tier 2 Knuckles would obviously be a major no-go, so the best option for them is the 4-A rating. unless… Maybe you want Tier 2 Knuckles?

Miscellaneous Additions:
Super Sonic: Attack Reflection (With Super Sonic Boost and Deflect)

Hyper Knuckles: Shockwave Generation (With the Gliding Shockwave Attack, Hyper Knuckles causes devestating tremors that damages all enemies in his vacinity)

Conclusion:
Hyper Forms are back? Aw yeah, this is happenin'!

That concludes this one, folks! I'd like to thank my lawyer, my calves, my orthodontist, my high school guidance counselor, and all of you for sticking through and reading this! Thanks for sticking through with this one!

Hyper Sonic should just be At least 2-C.

I don't think Super Tails should have another key as he used the Super Emeralds to access his super form because he couldn't with the Chaos Emeralds at the time. The difference in appearance is just design choice.

Agreed with everything else.

Only because Sonic Team got lazy with the design. Super Knuckles was originally pink but in Heroes they just give him and Tails a shield.

Well, i would disagree but since optional equipment and Mighty and Ray Super Form are listed, these would count too only for the classic counterparts.

Emerald ratings are ok, but i fell that hyper classic Knuckles should be at least 4-A while at least Low 2-C for hyper classic Sonic.

Kriskirby said:
>Modern Sonic gets Hyper key despite never actually turning Hyper

>Classic doesn't
Yeah this seems odd

Dark649 said:
Well, i would disagree but since optional equipment and Mighty and Ray Super Form are listed, these would count too only for the classic counterparts.
Base is ok, for the full potential i'm not sure about the adding of the least, so that should be discussed with other admins.
Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic are the same Sonic, Classic Sonic is just younger. So Modern Sonic did in fact experience the events of S3&K. Also, note how the Super Emeralds do make an appearance in SA1 as well. So they make their main appearance in 3&K and then get cameos in SA1 and Mania. Meaning they should be included for both Classic and Modern Sonic.

Hyper States never happened though,the plot to S3&K in every source points to Super Sonic being in Doomsday Zone.Plus the Master Emerald being superior to the Super Emeralds still only Gives Mecha Sonic a Super State,& they in turn give Tails the same power as Chaos Emeralds a game later,if they gave him more power, than Eggman would've went after them instead,but he completely ignores them because they don't exist in the plot. I'm fine with the addition of Hyper States,but the notion that they're some grand multiplier is debatable...

Eggman doesn't go after the Super Emeralds because they are the Chaos Emeralds. The Chaos Emeralds after being enhanced by the Master Emerald is how they become Super Emeralds.

Mecha Sonic couldn't even stay Super for 30 seconds so I'm not surprised he couldn't go hyper honestly

Mecha could probaly only use part of the energy due to being a machine, Tyson Hesse confirmed that Metal didn't go super when he used the emeralds in Mania Adventures for example

I'm gonna be honest,I was never much of a fan of Hyper States/Super Emeralds. They take the mystique & "Ultimate" part away from Chaos Emeralds & leave Super States as lousy stepping stones ala DBZ,instead of 11th hour trump cards.

Air Raid Malocchio said:
Hyper States never happened though,the plot to S3&K in every source points to Super Sonic being in Doomsday Zone.Plus the Master Emerald being superior to the Super Emeralds still only
Gives Mecha Sonic a Super State,& they in turn give Tails the same power as Chaos Emeralds a game later,if they gave him more power, than Eggman would've went after them instead,but he completely ignores them because they don't exist in the plot. I'm fine with the addition of Hyper States,but the notion that they're some grand multiplier is debatable...
Nothing about the plot of S3&K disproves the canonicity of the Super Emeralds. There even exist two other instances of the Super Emeralds in other games beyond S3&K.
The Master Emerald on its own has been shown to be able to provide whatever user (or machine/weapon it powers) more power than a single Chaos Emerald. However, it is never shown to outclass the full set of Chaos Emeralds on its own. There's a reason characters always hunt down the Chaos Emeralds as opposed to just going after the Master Emerald alone. The Chaos Emeralds are the ones that provide the most power, while powerful on its own, the Master Emerald is mostly used for the sake of neutralizing the power of the Chaos Emeralds (and evolving/boosting them, as the Super Emeralds show). That's why we don't see characters going Super using the Master Emerald, they're not really meant to. Mecha Sonic did it, but it was limited, he had to keep recharging constantly and his Super State lasted very briefly. By your own logic, if the Super State he achieved through the Master Emerald is so poor, that would not only reflect on the Super Emeralds but also the Chaos Emeralds as well, which is clearly not the case. So you can't scale the Master Emerald to the Chaos or Super Emeralds like that, they're different beasts altogether.
In regards to Tails, it's worth noting Tails was incapable of going Super with the Chaos Emeralds during the events of S3&K. So when he got to use the Super Emeralds, unlike Sonic and Knuckles (who could go Super using just the Chaos Emeralds and were then able to draw a greater amount of power from the Super Emeralds), Tails, with his lower aptitude and efficiency at drawing power from the Emeralds, could only go Super. So that actually speaks of Tails' ability not the power of the Super Emeralds. Not only that, but Eggman likely didn't go after them because he was yet unaware of their existence and didn't come prepared to take them when he stole the M.E. during the Hidden Palace incident.

While I agree that Sonic shouldn't take the Dragon ball route (even though I love me some DB) and keep adding more and more forms, it personally feels a little stale whenever a Sonic games ends with Sonic going Super and proceeding to take down the boss without too much trouble. Very few of the fights that Super Sonic has faught felt like an actual struggle where Sonic was forced to go all out. And cause of that it makes the Super forms feel both badass, but at the same time boring for me since I know whenever Sonic pulls out Super, that's when the villain automatically loses, and then Im like "Alright Super Sonic!...well that was an easy fight". Would love for a boss to be too powerful for Super Sonic so he goes Hyper instead and have possibly the best fight in the franchise. And I know that Solaris exists, but Im talking about 1v1's.

Sorry for the derailing, but like I said above, I agree with the proposals.

Back