• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game of Thrones Final Season Discussion Thread 1 (SPOILERS!)

In the show he's trying to betray Dany because he thinks Jon would be better for the common people. It's just inconsistent as in the early seasons it's heavily implied that he's intentionally causing disorder, but since they removed the (f)Aegon plot the show had to sorta force in a justification for his actions.

No, I meant what do you think he'll actually do in order to betray Dany? Or if Dany will find out and burn him?

He's already betrayed Dany by telling Tyrion to betray her. But as an idea I imagine he tells Jon something like "Hey man Dany is pretty crazy so why don't you rule" and since Jon is an honorable dude he tells Dany about it, who then burns him.

Because I totally think he's going to die. Tyrion is more of a fan favorite so I imagine him living somehow or she just never finds out.

Why do you think Euron was surprised when he looked in the sky in the NEP?

Dorgon has to much plot armor sick moves and avoids their cannons then burns everyone. That or maybe Cersei blows up another building.

I have my own prediction about that but I think it's likely to come true, so I won't say ovo

Er, ballistas not cannons. Got the weapon type wrong.

Also what even are those things? They have insane range and power. Euron wrecked an entire fleet and the bolts could seemingly go entirely through a ship and wrecks masts.

Ye, that doesn't make sense. Those ballistas shouldn't be able to generate such momentum.

You know what else doesn't make sense. Dany was looking on her left side, the entire Euron fleet was also on her left and she was still unable to see them even from above. Three spears came one by one and she was still unable to see them until she did after Rhaegal fell.

What do you think about Night King's tweet after episode 3?

The endgame is imminent, and I feel like I don't really care about the show anymore, what great writing!

in the end, Dany will probably try to burn everything to ashes in King's Landing after realized she's been betrayed! Grey Worm will also probably die to fuel her arsonist soul, like father like daughter.

and finally, Gendry will sit on the Iron Throne lol, as he's the rightful heir if both Jon and Dany dies

I hate how they changed Dany's character so abruptly this season, especially the last two episodes. Although they were hinting at it since the beginning of season 7 but still, there was literally no reason for her to burn them all.

I would get her burning the Lannister soldiers or Cersei, but not innocent random civilians.

About Jamie, he got his "I want to die in the arms of the woman I love" death. Felt bad for him. The moment with him and Tyrion was great.

The plot armor of Arya surviving a building falling ontop of her, countless flames engulfing her and a horse appearing out of nowhere with every waypoint being clear was just ridiculous

LightinAnt said:
The plot armor of Arya surviving a building falling ontop of her, countless flames engulfing her and a horse appearing out of nowhere with every waypoint being clear was just ridiculous
Arya was just used as a character we care about who can be on the ground so the directors can focus on people's perspective through the whole mess. She was basically portraying the local peoples' reaction and hardships. They even said so. Still she was quite lucky, speaking in-universe.

Qawsedf234 said:
VS Debate wise Drogon, The Hound, and The Mountain got some pretty solid showings.
Yea, Drogon was just badass. The Mountain got some solid showings. Finally the Cleganebowl happened. Liked the last scene of The Hound with Arya.

How Qyburn managed to make The Mountain like that is still beyond me. Probably learned a trick from Night King ovo

The fight is a bit blurry to me. Did both of them cut through stone or just The Mountain?

I'm satisfied that no one will have the throne. Jon Snow should go back and find Ghost, perhaps even stay in the true North where he belongs.

Qawsedf234 said:
The fight is a bit blurry to me. Did both of them cut through stone or just The Mountain?
Just Gregor. Though Sandor was able to match his strikes.

Also, Gregor survived the rubble of the building falling on him without much problems.

AppleLord said:
I'm satisfied that no one will have the throne. Jon Snow should go back and find Ghost, perhaps even stay in the true North where he belongs.
Jon belongs on the throne. Fite me

Jon will likely murder the Mad Queen in the end, and going black once again to avoid being forced to become the King of The Seven Ashes, he despises the idea of becoming a big leader afterall

Euron Vs Jaime is really bad, Varys become a transparent guy since last week is just meh, and finally, after being a superhero and super useful, Arya suddenly become useless, what a troll writer

sad conclusion for a great TV show

Tbf, Arya couldn't have done anything else in that situation, it was out of her control. I felt bad for Varys too.

Although yes. I don't understand the purpose of Euron in this episode at all.

No, but as far as the mentality of the people in the show is considered, he was right because other houses wouldn't support him otherwise. Anyway, what other houses are left again?

AKM sama said:
No, but as far as the mentality of the people in the show is considered, he was right because other houses wouldn't support him otherwise. Anyway, what other houses are left again?
Lannister, Stark, Baratheon, Greyjoy, Tully, Arryn and Targaryen.

Well, in terms of the show/book universe he's right that Westeros (barring Dorne) like men over women. The Dance of Dragons, the war that killed almost every one of the Targ Dargons was started because multiple houses chose the male heir over the older female one.

Anyway, what other houses are left again?

As of this episode

• House Stark
  • House Targaryen
  • House Baratheon due to Gendry
  • Unknown Dornish House
  • House Lanister through Tyrion
  • House Tully (although its barely alive)
  • House Arryn
  • House Greyjoy

Anyway, i just watched the spoilers.

I thought nothing could had triumph Ep. 3 in term of horrible writting/storytelling, but it looks like Ep. 5 was just as bad.

Hard to imagine such great TV series having such shitty ending season.

House Frey is dead.

House Tyrell is dead. It will probably go to Bronn.

The leaders of Dorne are also dead, as far as we know.

Only the boy is alive from House Arryn.

Only Yaara is alive from House Greyjoy.

Only Gendry is alive from House Baratheon.

Only Tyrion is alive from House Lannister.

Only Edmure is alive from House Tully.

Only two Targaryens are left, one will probably die soon.

Looks like the Starks, who had it rough since the beginning are the ones who have the greatest numbers left. Although, Bran and Arya are not interested. So only Sansa counts. Probably Jon counts as well.

Stefano4444 said:
I thought nothing could had triumph Ep. 3 in term of horrible writting/storytelling, but it looks like Ep. 5 was just as bad.
At least the good ol' days of violent deaths are back. It wasn't very GoT-like this season due to lack of deaths.

The leaders of Dorne are also dead, as far as we know.

In S8E4 Varys mentioned that there was a new Dornish house that supported Dany. While House Martell is gone there's a new house now.

Back