• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game of Thrones Final Season Discussion Thread 1 (SPOILERS!)

Odd that I haven't seen any game of thrones discussion threads yet. Let's talk about theories! I'll go first. Night's King Identity.

I know we saw the Night's King actor before he was turned into a white walker, but it isn't the first time GoT has changed the characters. Many actors/actresses were replaced through the story. But we don't dwell on that.

How much of an impact would this "theory" is true, affect the fandom?

But first, for this plot twice to work, we must embrace the theory that Petyr Baelish faked his death. Let's drop all suspension of disbelief for a moment, and believe it to be true.

What's left for this character? And what does he have to do with the Night King? Well, this is just a personal theory that I'd. I believe Petyr and The Night King are one and the same.

The Tv show doesn't always follow the books source material.

• If the Petyr Baelish theory that he's alive is true, then his journey will end up when he meets Bran again.
  • Bran and Petyr will end up in the past. Or at least Littlefinger does and gets turned into the Night King.
Littlefinger was the man behind everything bad that happened between the Baratheon's, Stark's and the Lannisters in the present history of GoT. Petyr/Night King wanting Bran's powers to go back in time to kill Brandon Stark, so he could have a second chance to be together with Catelyn Stark makes his villain's motivations out of love. Even when we know Littlefinger is a psychopath. And what better way than to bring it full cycle than to have the present, past, and future villain be the same person?

This could probably be all BS and Littlefinger is really dead in the tv show at least, but The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing the World He Didn't Exist

D49h22jXoAAZhij
Season 8, Episode 3 scene

I think that theory is a little too far-fetched.

Do you think that since we didn't see the Night King in the NEP, he must have gone to King's landing to kill Cersei and the others and have them attack Winterfell from the south? And if not this, then how do you think Cersei will die?

The theory is crazy in on itself but at the same time, it would be a genius twist.

The Night's King was shown riding the Dragon on the trailer for the next episode, which is supposed to last 85 minutes. I just hope that the war does not last a single episode. Can King's Landing even be defended? They don't have valyrian steel to add to the catapult. Do they still have Wildfire?

I'm betting on the prophecy been bullshit, in the end, she will lose a fourth child, but Cersei will live which would be typical of Game of Thrones going in the opposite direction of what you think is gonna happen.

It looked like it was Dany riding her dragon in the NEP, not Night King.

It is just me somehow I smell people wanking Arya to no limits... But is Arya Stark having any good opponent?

Arya is going to have a great story to tell to her grandchildren. The Night King covered Winterfell in a storm. That would produce a City Level to Island Level calc.

It was awesome to see his resistance to dragon-fire, but I believe that was because of his hax to turn fire off. Don't know if that would be fire manipulation. The Night King couldn't put off the magic fire created by the God-of-Light.

I'm mad that Cersei will not get to see the dead. But at least we have fanfiction.net.

poor Night King, I didn't see that coming, disappointed with the conclusion of how Arya succeed with her sneak attack, was hoping Night King would survived the Valyrian steel lol

Skylietz said:
poor Night King, I didn't see that coming, disappointed with the conclusion of how Arya succeed with her sneak attack, was hoping Night King would survived the Valyrian steel lol
Me too! I'd a discussion with my brother on episode two and told him "Imagine if the Night King is immune to fire and the Valyrian steel? What mcguffin are they gonna pull?" I was half right. lol

I always thought the Night King would be the final villain, but it turned out to be Cersei.

The episode was good but the ending wasn't. It was cheap, anticlimactic and disappointing. You don't kill off your baddest villain just like that lmao. He and his walkers didn't even do anything noteworthy.

Jon, Brienne, Jorah, Hound, Jamie etc should have all come to the Godswood to battle the walkers while Arya or someone fought the Night King. Seriously, they should have made him fight. And it would've been much better if Arya (or someone else of importance) died while killing him.

Arya is gonna close Cersei's green eyes too. GoT is Arya's story since she literally killed every major villainous character. The ending was the most logical outcome.

I think they ruined the plot line for the whole show now, what they built up since season 1, defeated by a backstab. Coupled by the fact that most of the interesting characters are dead and current ones are a shell of their former selves i don't really find enjoyment in watching it anymore. Also despise Arya, she seems super mary sue-ish

LightinAnt said:
I think they ruined the plot line for the whole show now, what they built up since season 1, defeated by a backstab. Coupled by the fact that most of the interesting characters are dead and current ones are a shell of their former selves i don't really find enjoyment in watching it anymore. Also despise Arya, she seems super mary sue-ish
A force that inspires A-Force

Starks are saving the world left and right.

LightinAnt said:
Arya isn't a mary sue unless you delete the other seven seasons from canon. Arya accepted the villainous role. She isn't a hero type character, more like an anti-hero. She knows that the reason characters like Jon Snow, and Ned Stark get to do nothing is because they are good characters. Arya adapted the role of every villainous character to get the job done. Arya also has the best training among all of the characters in the show, plus supernatural abilities from the god of many faces, and she will likely finish Cersei off. Arya is what she is right now because she earned it. Rant over. Smh

She didn't earn teleporting infront of hundreds of zombies and WW generals to kill the Night King, surviving multiple stab wounds while parkouring and besting Brienne someone almost twice her size. Infact Jon earned it the most because he has been through more stuff than her and has fought a White Walker before.

LightinAnt said:
She didn't earn teleporting infront of hundreds of zombies and WW generals to kill the Night King, surviving multiple stab wounds while parkouring and besting Brienne someone almost twice her size. Infact Jon earned it the most because he has been through more stuff than her and has fought a White Walker before.
1. It seems you didn't like that Jon Snow wasn't the prince that was promise. Jon Snow was brought back to life just to take Winterfell back from Ramsy so Arya could go fulfill her destiny to close all the blue eyes. Without Jon Snow taking back Winterfell Arya would had go to King's Landing to kill Cersei. Which she will still do. Don't act surprise if it happens.

2. Arya didn't teleport. The generals and Walkers saw her running and did nothing just how they did nothing to Theon. That's the Night King's fault.

3. Arya surviving stab wounds is as bad as Littlefinger surviving his battle with Bran Stark 20 years ago. The Hound surviving Brian and so on with many other characters.

4. Arya had speed over Brian, and I would argue that the god of many faces bestow enhanced strength to her since she was able to hold down that old brown eye Frey that kill her mother and push away two white walkers at the same time.

5. Jon Snow is a cliche character which should had die ten times already if the show had stay true to season 1 where Ned was killed. Jon committed a lot of his uncles errors.

I don't care if they bring up Azor Ahai or whatever, i only wanted consistency in story telling. Jon has been built up to fight the WW's and the Night King, he has been in an actual war and fought a WW, it makes sense that he should be the one defeating the Night King, not Arya coming out of nowhere for no reason and without a fight killing him off like nothing. It pisses me off that all the build up has been wasted with no pay off and with a lazy ending on a character that i already disliked at that

Not everything in live goes the way you expect, but for the same reasons you posted Sam and Bran were also destined to kill the Night King. Smh

AKM sama said:
I always thought the Night King would be the final villain, but it turned out to be Cersei.
The episode was good but the ending wasn't. It was cheap, anticlimactic and disappointing. You don't kill off your baddest villain just like that lmao. He and his walkers didn't even do anything noteworthy.

Jon, Brienne, Jorah, Hound, Jamie etc should have all come to the Godswood to battle the walkers while Arya or someone fought the Night King. Seriously, they should have made him fight. And it would've been much better if Arya (or someone else of importance) died while killing him.
Yeah, my thought exactly

Anyway, the actor who played Night King tweeted something like this: https://twitter.com/Vladimir_furdik/status/1122435697636409344

Is it not over yet for our badass villain and his army? time will tell

If the spoilers are real. The Night King has another vessel. There's a theory that the Night King is the God of Death vessel and the 3 eye Raven is the God of Light vessel.

The Night King being the avatar of the Great Other has some backing to it if you go by the Histories and Lore stuff from the Blu-Ray disks.

As for the storm I'm iffy on giving it directly to the Night King. It could very well be all of the White Walkers together that generate the storm.

Qawsedf234 said:
The Night King being the avatar of the Great Other has some backing to it if you go by the Histories and Lore stuff from the Blu-Ray disks.
As for the storm I'm iffy on giving it directly to the Night King. It could very well be all of the White Walkers together that generate the storm.
The White Walkers never showed any supernatural ability of their own, and the Night King already showed to control ice in the past to put out fire.

The White Walkers never showed any supernatural ability of their own

All White Walkers have an anti-fire aura, are so cold weapons shatter when touching them, can raise the dead, and have a major weakness to dragonglass/V. Steel weapons. The army of the dead is synonyms for a massive ice front and a long winter. I do get that he caused something to happen, I just don't think he contributed 100% of the energies to summon the storm.

Qawsedf234 said:
The White Walkers never showed any supernatural ability of their own
All White Walkers have an anti-fire aura, are so cold weapons shatter when touching them, can raise the dead, and have a major weakness to dragonglass/V. Steel weapons. The army of the dead is synonyms for a massive ice front and a long winter. I do get that he caused something to happen, I just don't think he contributed 100% of the energies to summon the storm.

I haven't read the books, sorry. None of that was explained in the show which doesn't follow the books.

Huh? All of that was in the show. You see or have people explain White Walkers do everything I mentioned.

Qawsedf234 said:
Huh? All of that was in the show. You see or have people explain White Walkers do everything I mentioned.
I don't remember, so you will have to prove your point with screenshoots. The generals did show super-strenght but that was it.

Mmm. All those events involve the Night King's Generals and given that he was above to the battlefield on the dragon they energy could had been shared between all of them, but in the end he was the one who created them, so those powers should be his own in the first place.

All those events involve the Night King's Generals

The Night King has no generals, every White Walker is the same outside of the NK. If you're talking about the armor, the White Walkers all wear it after Sam kills one of them since it stops Dragonglass from easily killing them.

but in the end he was the one who created them

He did create them, but that doesn't mean they didn't help him create the storm. Creating a White Walker just involves him touching a male baby. Otherwise the energy is all them.

You lost me.

The videos you posted are feats from the White Walkers a.k.a. the generals that are always in front of his army, and are shown to have enhanced strength. I've not seen this feats from the Whites a.k.a. his foot-soldiers. The generals are look the same compare to the normal dead soldier in his army.

Wights are the foot soldiers. White Walkers are the people lead the Wights and have all of the magical powers. They're the ones who would've helped the Night King make the storm.

Ep 3 was so bad. Dumb tactics, plot armour, characters getting saved last second, white walkers doing absolutely nothing, only 2 major characters dying, Anticlimactic ending that made no sense. Arya being a super ninja is just so dumb for a series that is steeped in reality like GOT. Season 8 shaping up to be the worst season so far. Not sure how we're supposed to take Cersei seriously as a threat when Arya can just kill her with ease.

Just wait until Jon gets captured by Cersei and remains a prisoner for the rest of the show. Dani, Samsa and Arya for the win! Cersei is doomed.

This 3rd episode basically destroyed any hope left for the series, but now everything is ruined, the 6-7 seasons are masterpieces in comparation and that say a lot.

This is the Last Jedi all over again, writing and storytelling throw into the garbage for the sake of subverting expectations or having your fanfiction become reality.

I think MauLer can explain better than anyone else how much this episode was crap, link here.

I don't think the episode was bad at all, just the ending.

Back