• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game of Thrones & A Song of Ice and Fire General Discussion

You guys remember some people thought Drogon was smart for not killing Jon and destroying the Iron Throne because it was supposed to be the true problem? Well, according to the script that was just an accident...
I am somewhat late, but that doesn’t look like it did that on accident though.

Edit: Also do we know if this script hasn’t been revised or anything?

I think the script with bystander was referring to the throne. And it is the official script, you can download it online in PDF

I think the script with bystander was referring to the throne. And it is the official script, you can download it online in PDF
Ah, okay. But even then, from the way the script worded it, Drogon wasn’t even trying to kill Jon. Just aiming his fire breath at the Iron Throne make it seems like it was quite intentional, not accidentally tbh.

Ah, okay. But even then, from the way the script worded it, Drogon wasn’t even trying to kill Jon. Just aiming his fire breath at the Iron Throne make it seems like it was quite intentional, not accidentally tbh.
What the script says is exactly what happens in the scene. First Drogon looks at Jon and we see the fire in his throat, then he uses it on the wall behind the throne aiming anywhere and destroying some stone blocks until he points at the throne. From what I understand from the script and the scene, Drogon was enraged and just used his fire breath to destroy things, like the wall and the throne

Fair point. Shame they kinda have to ruin Season 7 and 8 as I am pretty sure the Dragons in general does have some signs of intelligence despite their animalistic instincts and stuff.

Oh wait, out of curiosity, is it possible that Jon Snow was that “dumb” bystander? From what I saw, he was technically in Drogon’s way while he was breathing fire.

Plus in the scene, we clearly see Jon kinda getting caught in there too

Oh wait, out of curiosity, is it possible that Jon Snow was that “dumb” bystander? From what I saw, he was technically in Drogon’s way while he was breathing fire.
I don't think so, the script says that Drogon wants to destroy everything except Jon, probably because he doesn't know he killed Daenerys and because of his Targaryen blood, therefore Jon wouldn't be in his way. And in my opinion the script clearly refers to the throne as that bystander considering the phrase and the context: "We look over Jon’s shoulder as the fire sweeps toward the throne-- not the target of Drogon’s wrath, just a dumb bystander caught up in the conflagration."

Since characters scaling above the Valyrian steel swords was somewhat iffy, they can now scale from this feat. The scale would the following:
Undead Gregor Clegane > Gregor Clegane = Sandor Clegane < Bear Wight > Jon Snow < White Walkers. Brienne, Beric and Thoros downscale from Sandor, Robert Baratheon (Prime) scales from Gregor (Human) and Sandor, Smalljon upscales from Jon, and Tormund downscales from Smalljon. Thoughts?

The feat is performed by undead Gregor, how exactly does that backscale to the other 9-Bs?

Also the Valyrian steel scaling is fine imo, although Brienne’s AP justification needs to be reworded to be clearer.

The feat is performed by undead Gregor, how exactly does that backscale to the other 9-Bs?
In their battle, Sandor took many blows from Gregor and he was also able to push him back and knock Gregor down. Undead Gregor is clearly superior in strength to Sandor, but I think he has enough feats to downscale from him. We must also remember Gregor's immortality and stamina that gave him a big advantage against Sandor
Also the Valyrian steel scaling is fine imo, although Brienne’s AP justification needs to be reworded to be clearer.
How would you justify it? Because there are some people who disagree with them upscaling from the Valyrian steel swords

he was also able to push him back and knock Gregor down.
Sandor was barely staggering Gregor, that’s not the most solid justification for scaling.
How would you justify it? Because there are some people who disagree with them upscaling from the Valyrian steel swords
Just change Brienne’s justification to this:
Fought and defeated Sandor Clegane, who - despite being weakened at the time - could still deflect blows with Oathkeeper
It makes it much clearer how they scale to the Valyrian steel swords.

Should Drogon have Regeneration? Since he is wounded many times by arrows, spears, swords, etc. (like in this time), and in the following episodes he seems to have no injuries

I don’t think so, that just seems like Ned’s speaking of Arthur’s prowess.

I don’t think so, that just seems like Ned’s speaking of Arthur’s prowess.
Right after stating that he also says that Arthur was strong. Anyways, I'm rewording his AP, is this fine?

Well, I just said that I don’t think the true steel statement is AP-related, so I don’t think it should be in his AP justification.

Iirc, Jaime praised Arthur as well, that could probably be added to his justification.

I think he put him there because Jaime looks up to and respects Barristan's abilities as a knight so much.

Yeah like everyone else in Westeros, Barristan is a living legend, but Jaime especially idolizes Arthur. But Jaime is a better swordsman than Barristan and Arthur (Arthur with Dawn > Jaime > Barristan = Arthur without Dawn)

There's also no statement on his skill?
I remember minor things like Robb and Nedd believing they'd lose to Jaime, and Jaime believing he'd beat Brienne at his best (with her kinda sorta acknowledging that possibility iirc), and ofc Jaime himself constantly hyping himself up. I don't think we've ever had anything as explicit as the book quotes, though.

Back