• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galar Regional Evolutions

With the release of Sword and Shield, several Pokemon that were once single-stage/two-stage evolutions now have an additional evolution.

The question is, how does this affect the scaling of these Pokemon? I'd assume the Galarian versions of Pokemon would compare to each other. None of the galar forms have any Pokedex entries comparing them to other Pokemon, so I'm not sure.

Pokemon in question:

Mr. Mime will probably get pushed back to High 7-C just simply because he's now comparable to Galarian Mr. Mime, a second stage evolution.

So, Mr. Mime and Linoone will be downgraded to mid-evolutions, and Corsola and Farfetch'd will be treated as the pre-evolutions in a two-stage line?

TBH I found the thing I originally scaled Mr. Mime to a bit dubious, so yeah, High 7-C is far better overall.

BTW, Zigzagoon is just 8-A and Linoone is High 7-C

Obstagoon is straight up 7-A, it's basic evolution scaling.

How are we treating Defog on profiles again? Are we just saying the pokemon's tier and then "Mountain level via Defog"?

And on that topic, with Corsola and Farfetch'd, does it make more sense to downgrade Corsola and Mareanie to 8-A to match Farfetch'd (whom I don't understand why is only 8-A), or would it make more sense to upgrade Farfetch'd since they'd all be equal to some other two-stage evos like Scyther (Mareanie's current explanation)

We assume that it'd be an outlier for weaker Pokemon.

Scyther is one of the strongest two-stage evo Pokemon, to the point where it was a fully evolved Pokemon in gen 1.

I think they should. Mareanie doesn't really seem like a powerful first stage Pokemon.

Got it. On the topic of Regional Pokémon, should evos like Alolan Raichu and Runerigus be on the same profile, but complete regional-exclusive lines like Vulpix, Linoone, etc. be different profiles?

And, on that topic, how should Mime Jr. be treated? I just left it on the original Mr. Mime but linked to it on Galarian Mr. Mime.

They should all be separate profiles, Alolan/Galarian forms, no matter if they're one Pokemon or a full line.

He'd still be 8-C for being a baby Pokemon, unless anything's changed

No, I meant where he should be put in profiles. Dp I leave him on only Mr. Mime since it would be redundant to have it on both, or make it its own profile like Eevee and Magikarp?

And okay. Should I separate Alolan Raichu from Pikachu's profile, then?

I forgot who I had asked, but two people who, if I remember correctly, were admins told me they should be separate.

So should that be in discussion now? Whether they are together or get split up

Why should they be on different profiles? They're still the same species, just a different form. It'll be like making different profiles for Kyurem Black and Kyurem White.

Because they have enought differences.

That's why Exeggutor got separated from Kantonian and Alolan variations.

Go and ask Cal, he's the one that knows the most of this.

Exeggutor should be on the same profile, there's no reason for it to be different.

>Because they hav eenought differences.

Guess we're also making separate profile for Megas, because of different stats, types and abilities.

Megas are a temporary transformation. Galarian and Alolan forms are Pokemon who adapt uniquely to their surroundings and become an entirely new species. This same occurence happens in real life, but is even less drastic in terms of changes.

So not only this has gone completely unresolved, we're also having some weird scaling issues, such as the 2 Farfetch'd scaling to different tiers.

When I made the profile, I had copied the Galarian Mr. Mime and used it as a base so a lot of stuff was already written. As you saw, I forgot to change the value for Farfetch'd. :/

Kyurem-Black and Kyurem-White are both Kyurem though, since the Tao trio are components of the original dragon, iirc.

I'd be fine with separate pages for Necrozma-Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings, since it's a fusion, although I guess someone could argue it's still Necrozma, just with Solgaleo/Lunala's power on top.

GyroNutz said:
Kyurem-Black and Kyurem-White are both Kyurem though, since the Tao trio are components of the original dragon, iirc.
That logic basically means we could also fuse Reshiram and Zekrom into the same profiles, since all are parts of the Original Dragon.

Also, Necrozma's forms are as much as fusions as Kyurem's are.

We could, but outside of lore they're considered to be separate enough to be separate profiles.

Hardly, Kyurem-Black is like putting the components of the Original Dragon together, Necrozma's fusions are between two different species.

GyroNutz said:
We could, but outside of lore they're considered to be separate enough to be separate profiles.
You totally missed my point. I'm saying the EXACT OPPOSITE. I'm saying even having the Original Dragon on Kyurem's profile is the problem, since Kyurem is as much a part of the Original Dragon as Zekrom and Reshiram are.

I think it's just because they're different enough from each other.

Since this thread is being revived, can I know how we're tiering Cursola? I want to upload the profile.

The arguments for why they're similar were, in my opinion, a bit iffy. Mega Evolutions are different because they're a transformation, not an entirely different regional adaptation of a species. The Tao trio are also a very different case imo

Certain variants like Alolan Raichu or Galarian Mr. Mime I could understand, since they have the same pre-evolution, but ones like Alolan Muk, which are completely different throughout the entire evolution line, feel different enough

There's no reason to have different profiles for the same Pokémon line. You have to remember the Galar Forms and Alola Forms are that, alternate forms the Pokémon have, alternate forms don't warrant a totally different profiles for cases like Rotom, Groudon and Shaymin, so there's no reason for these forms to be different profiles.

They are forms, they are literally refered to as such. Meowstic can't change between forms and that ain't a problem because both are still the same species, this isn't Nidoran(Male) and Nidoran(Female) where the Pokédex outright considers them to be different species, they're the same species but on different forms.

Back