• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
RoyGundam said:
nope ... Dr. Strange was certainly being affected. Dormammu killing him was the trigger for the loop.
Sure transmutation is a nice ability, but the guys he is going against are at the same level as him and incredibly massive. Moreover, Galactus playing around with esoteric powers like time-loops and transmutation usually involves very small-scale characters who are way below his Tier. I think it gets overlooked, but Simon and co. went into the Anti-Spiral's Universe and beat him/it there. Get back when Galactus can stroll into the Beyonder's Universe and kicks his ass in his own playing field
Which beyonder are you talking about? All beyonders except cosmic cube are vastly above TTLG. Galactus can surely transmute Simon the pilot, Simon has no resistance against transmutation does he? What can Simon do if Galactus BFR's him out of TTLG and dumps Simon into a black hole? Simon can channel his energy only through the mecha, physically he's not much of a deal.

I have posted scans, now you post scans which can actually do stuff to resist, not what ifs. Galactus is not Strange, he is beyond time and can put Simon into time loop very easily. Do you see Galactus being affected in the time loop scan I showed? Only reason Sphinx was able to escape his fate because there was also another alternate timeline Sphinx who managed to help the other one after he had suffered the time loop once. Simon is not even immortal like Sphinx is

@Joseph actually no, Simon can in fact channel his spiral power without a mech at all, otherwise the whole "Why dont you bring Nia back to life?" thing wouldnt have been possible.

Also Lordgenome could do it and by the EoS Simon is clearly at or well far beyond Lordgenome so logically he could do the same.

But has Galactus ever successfully transmuted or time-loop BFRd any other Low 2C or even High 3A characters ? I know he's fought against Celestials and Skyfathers, but he never uses those kinds of esoteric powers against them.

The reason I bring up the Beyonder (Pre-Retcon) is that he has analogous feats to Simon and his crew - only, the scales are different (Multivere vs Universe). The Beyonder enters the Marver Multiverse from his own "reality" and dicks around with the most powerful beings in the Marvel Multiverse. Simon does the same thing, but on a Universal scale - hence the Low 2C tier

RoyGundam said:
But has Galactus ever successfully transmuted or time-loop BFRd any other Low 2C or even High 3A characters ? I know he's fought against Celestials and Skyfathers, but he never uses those kinds of esoteric powers against them.
The reason I bring up the Beyonder (Pre-Retcon) is that he has analogous feats to Simon and his crew - only, the scales are different (Multivere vs Universe). The Beyonder enters the Marver Multiverse from his own "reality" and dicks around with the most powerful beings in the Marvel Multiverse. Simon does the same thing, but on a Universal scale - hence the Low 2C tier
The celestials and skyfathers have top tier transmutation themselves. They also have high resistance against transmutation, magic and reality warping, whereas TTLG doesn't have any resistance. Galactus can mindrape trillions of humans and aliens but he will struggle against Odin, because Odin himself is a toptier telepath.

As a side note the mecha is created by the spiral power of simon and his crew, while TTGL still resembles a robot STTGL is made purely out of spiral energy (except the lower mechs inside him).

This means that they could simply create a new one if teleported out of it or should the mecha be destroyed. Also Simon on his own is a lot more powerful than some of you might think he is. Here is the part in which he fights Antispiral on his own and defeats him (also contains him creating mecha parts from nothing) [1].

Next point the transmutation thing, If as RoyGundam said, Galactus never used transmutation on enemies that are on roughly the same level as he is, he will certainly have trouble if he tried doing this first time. This video shows what he would have to transmute, by calculation we know that the drill used at 3:30 is about 100x bigger that the observable universe (a size I never saw galactus reach, not even closely). [2] Also since transmutation does not appear in TTGL it is not listed under their abilities, however it should be noted that transmutation is simply an applied form of energy/matter manipulation which Simon does posses therefore he must have a resistance to it equal to his power, which is universal+.

@Joseph619
please also check Simons page [3] and TTGLs page [4] , for some reason a lot of the abilities that STTGL posesses are listed only on those pages and not on his own. Simon does have universe level+ reality warping, telepathy and mind hax / resistance to mind hax equal to anti-spirals labyrinth.

About the time-loop, Simon teleported to the anti-spirals home universe, which has some sort of omnilock [5]. Also Simon being able to create universes with 4D-space-time (power scaled from anti spiral, he created his home universe, which resides in a pocket dimension) and being able to as the profile says ripping time and space (also power scaled from anti spiral, the ships which are just minor grunts compared to him are already able to do this, at 6:45 [6] ) is enough power to able to get out of the time loop.

Thank you for the scan, I hope the videos i linked help you all.

EDIT:

Simon can also counter the transmutation by reality warping his body back to normal.

TTGL can also use probability alteration lowering the chance of Galactus using transmutation to 0, should it be problematic for them to counter (Probability manipulation worked against the antispiral who was a powerful reality warper, so it should work here as well).

@DaFritzi Simon does not posses resistance to transmutation, and no transmutation isn't simply an applied form of matter/energy manipulation. You're treating it as if its earthbending like in Avatar. Transmutation ignores durability (so tier does not matter) and Galactus can transmute people on sub-atomic level. So I don't see Simon doing anything against transmutation.

Since transmuting the mech itself (should it even be possible to transmute pure spiral energy, which is under complete control of Simon / should it even be possible for Galactus to transmute something far bigger than himself) will not help Galactus in this fight due to Simon being able to generate a new mech / new mech parts, Galactus would have to resort to try transmute Simon.

Can Galactus locate Simon inside his mech, I know of his cosmic awareness, but does it help, given that the mech is entirely made out of Simons energy?

Another question, does Galactus have the time/concentration necessary to perform transmutation, given he is in a heated battle?

DaFritzi said:
Since transmuting the mech itself (should it even be possible to transmute pure spiral energy, which is under complete control of Simon / should it even be possible for Galactus to transmute something far bigger than himself) will not help Galactus in this fight due to Simon being able to generate a new mech / new mech parts, Galactus would have to resort to try transmute Simon.
Can Galactus locate Simon inside his mech, I know of his cosmic awareness, but does it help, given that the mech is entirely made out of Simons energy?

Another question, does Galactus have the time/concentration necessary to perform transmutation, given he is in a heated battle?
Galactus can locate energy signals across galaxies and other universe, given Simon has huge amount of spiral energy it would be even easier. And no, Galactus won't be in a heated battle, if he wishes he can end the fight very quickly.

I appreciate your vote for TTGL, but you have to give a reasoning, otherwise I don't think it can be counted

@JustSomeWeirdo Those changes are irrelevant, R1 is a 3-B match and R2 allows TTGL to change into STTGL which is "at least low 2-C" (side note: his AP/Dura as STTGL is likely above Galactus)

@Hizack123 current vote count including everyone that gave at least some sort of reason

TTGL: 6 (Goodyfresh, JustSomeWeirdo, DaFritzi, RoyGundam, Beerus1000, Miles Romero12)

Galactus: 3 (Cropfist, Joseph619, Iron Kirby)

That means once you give a reason this is can be added.

My reason.....hmmmm

Jeopardy - Think Music GOOD QUALITY
Jeopardy - Think Music GOOD QUALITY

Should be a fact that team dai gurren have probability manipulation, they make Galactus attack miss or even Null Galactus transmutation ability (what? It not work? Show me a prove that Galactus have resist to it pls?)

And Team dai gurren have reality manipulation and it skilled in hand to hand combat too.

Oh! And im not even talking about STTGL LOL

@AquaWaifu and Not Jim Sterling: What's your view on this vs matchup?

Anyway we currently got 7-3 including everyone who gave at least some sort of reasoning. I'll ask an admin to look at this thread so that it can be added.

My vote is for TTGL and STTGL on both rounds

This is due to probability manip, and for STTGL being atleast low 2 compared to just low 2, that and it being so utterly massive and having enhanced GDB

Actually I don't have opinion on who will win this, sorry for that. Btw we need to wait for 1 day after the necessary vote is reached.

Half the votes for ttlg are troll post woth zero reasoning. Simon has zero counter to transmutation and soul rip himself. Galactus can absorb and destroy souls. This should not be added, its rather hax stomp for Galactus. Probability manipulation has limited showings and that won't help here. Thread should be closed

Just how fast is the transmutation? Can it turn something much larger than several galaxies? More than half of the observable universe? Does he go for it in a 1v1 in character?

I don't mean for this to sound rude, I'm not well versed in comics

About the Soul manip thing. I just talked with some admins and from what we currently know Simon and co. do not have soul manipulation.

However Simon and co. have ridiculously powerful mind manipulation, that should balance it out.

Also what I forgot to mention is that Galactus would need to bring down every member of team dai gurren to win this fight. And while Galactus is busy manipulating the soul of one of them the rest is free to attack and interrupt his attack.

AquaWaifu said:
Im sorry thats not your call to make on many of the votes here.
I know. 1 of the vote is from a banned user. Admins will surely check quality of votes since anybody with keyboard can type whatever they want

@JustSomeWeirdo From what I know he used it only on fodder, can't say anything about the speed of it though, at least it should not be instant.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Just how fast is the transmutation? Can it turn something much larger than several galaxies? More than half of the observable universe? Does he go for it in a 1v1 in character?
How fast? Well Galactus fights with Odin so its fast enough. If its needed for 1 v 1 he will, the transmutation ignores durability and works on subatomic level. Galactus can instantly pinpoint Simon's location with power cosmic the poof. Or he could destroy Simon's soul from astral plane, or absorb it. Silver Surfer soul ripped Uni Lord who was stronger than him. The soul hax will definitely work

AquaWaifu said:
I dont see how just in general combat speed would translate to the speed of transmutation abilities.
Speed is equalized. Galactus can still soul rip Simon just like Surfer did Unilord. As I said earlier, Galactus can win this fight in many ways. Simon's probability manipulation can only delay the fight until Galactus pulls the big guns. Anti-Spiral doesn't have 1/3rd hax of Galactus has

I still don't get the idea, what's the largest thing he used it on and how long did it take?

how...do you equalize the rate at which a transmutation takes place? I understand like the speed of say an energy beam or equaliznng running or teleportation but how do you equalize the speed at which manipulation of the form of ones opponent takes place?

TTGL is also made out of the energy of each pilot, and with teleportation they could potentially make another TTGL

AquaWaifu said:
how...do you equalize the rate at which a transmutation takes place? I understand like the speed of say an energy beam or equaliznng running or teleportation but how do you equalize the speed at which manipulation of the form of ones opponent takes place?
It's the same as other attacks. Doesn't take much longer than shooting beams. And then there's soul rip and soul destruction. Plus Galactus can see into future and past, so he can counter probability manipulation accordingly. Not that it will be needed

Back