• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
GajeelRender2

Suiryu2

Gajeel : 9 Suiryu :___

Speed Equalized. Base Tartaros Arc Gajeel is used. Location is an endless forest with starting distance at 10m. Gajeel scales to above 4.3Mt, but well below 25.8Mt. Suiryu has his own feat of 9.4Mt.

I'd say gajeel takes this given he's the better fighter, has far better range options, and better senses. And because of Suiryu's arrogance, he probably won't start the fight at full power.

Nerd1435 said:
Gajeel nigh zero difficulty
I wouldn't say it's an easy fight for gajeel, I mean Suiryu does have the AP advantage here, but gajeel is just better at everything else.

wait, one question. how is gajeel a better fighter? i mean suriyu is a master martial artist and one of the best in one punch man.

Both Gajeel and Natsu were able to memorize and completely negate Sting and Rogue's fighting styles in thier battle at the GMG while this isn't that immpresive to the likes of Garou and Orochi it's far better than what Suiryu has shown to be able to do.

Just saw it, I don't think its nesccaily means they're more skilled than Suiryu considering Natsu and Gajeel aren't the most graceful fighters, rather they're more along the lines of sluggers.

People tend to wank their skill based on that feat alone. Natsu holds some skill feats, but Gajeel's relies on that feat only, and to be honest, it was done via Enhanced Senses rather than actually knowing how they would attack via martial skill.

They clashed as equals during the Phantom Lord arc and now with this White Mage conflict. They are likely comparable, but while Natsu holds the feats, they are both equally ruthless and hot-headed to fight. So yeah, they are comparable because they don't use their skill that much.

Also Sting and Rogue have these enhanced senses too but were completly shocked when natsu stated he memorized their fighting styles.

Natsu can hold his own with Zeref in terms of skill who has over 400 years of experience, better senses, and is considered a combat genius in the verse.

Doesn't deny the fact that they did it via senses and not via skill alone. That just means that Sting and Rogue are pretty dumb and don't use their advantages in a fight.

Experience =/= Skill.

Zeref is a genius in magic, not combat. Not like Zeref shows fighting skill anyway. His fighting style is as plain and simple as everyone's sans Bacchus.

Can you prove they were using just senses in that fight because there are multiple people saying whats natsu did was heavly skill based here.

Lyon states that Natsu has a massive amount of skill here as well as people such as Jura and Ichiya.

Uh... Natsu saying that he knows about their breathing because... he's hearing it.

Plus, nobody said something about skill, actually. They talked about their power, and Lyon said that Natsu is a steel trap when fighting, whatever that means. Power =/= Skill. Funny how you interpreted the statement.

On top of that, this fight is Natsu vs two fodders. If a Dragon Force Sting can't do enough damage to push Natsu to the emotional edge where he starts screaming, then he's not strong at all. They did this to two fodder that even when amped couldn't hold a candle to them. The only moment that Natsu could have lost was against the Unison Raid, and that was overpowered by a Ougi technique without using lightning.

People overrating this feat is always hilarious, but the more I see it, the less impressive it turns. Not like they use it a lot in the manga, anyway. It's a one time thing and that's it.

here's the definition from dictonary.com: here

So based on this defintion that means Natsu and Gajeel did in fact use their fighting ability to perform this feat.

I never mentioned anything about power here so moot point.

Care to show me the scan from the manga where Lyon says that?

Nope, you said that the people watching the fight was impressed for their skill, but the only mention of such thing comes from Lyon and nobody else.

GMG Natsu vs Sting and Rogue

While their Dialogue isn't shown in the Manga the anime gives better reference.

They were impressed with the overall of the fight which includes Natsu's skill in combat. And there is no reason to believe Lyon was lying or false given that no one argued against him here

Mashima worked with the anime Studio for the Key of the Stary heavan Arc (Part 1 of the Fairy tail anime) and its even mentioned in the manga.

Zentropia Incident

This Pannel take place in chapter 282 page 6.This means that Mashima was involved with the Fairy tail anime at the time of the GMG's so Lyon's statement should count as canon.

Said statement can be taken as Lyon simply pointing that Natsu knows how to use his senses to gain the advantage, unlike Sting and Rogue.

While Gajeel may lose in terms of skill his advantage in basically every other category should give him the win anyway.

Yeah, I'm not denying that. Suiryu won't win against a much more versatile opponent when starting at Gajeel's range. Even if he's weaker, Gajeel will take this no doubt.

Back