• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gaia Parallel RP: RP Thread

As in, is any artifact, primarily magical based or not, capable of channeling mana to expel magic?
Technically anything made on Gaia would have the potential to do that. If you had the ability to channel mana through an object than yeah, you could theoretically fo that with any artifact. Not everything is gonna be a magic blaster by default, though.

After wandering around town a bit thinking about what to do... Oh screw it, generic gathering place where drunkards are willing to spill the beans on whatever random information you need, go to the Tavern or whatever's like it.

Technically anything made on Gaia would have the potential to do that. If you had the ability to channel mana through an object than yeah, you could theoretically fo that with any artifact. Not everything is gonna be a magic blaster by default, though.
Thanks, I just wanted to know if anything could channel Mana for Magic, and i'm guessing less-magical items have a harder time with this?

"....." N.W. just kinda watches her two comrades talk about cloths and stuff in silence. She's not all to good at that sort of thing, so she just waits around for something interesting to happen.

right, stores, shopping. Bailey could do that, and hopefully yhey wouldn’t have to deal with any other magical bullshit. “So, like, you just want some sweatpants and stuff?” They asked as they looked the girl over. lets try to forget what happened. “Like...what part of that outfit are you...gonna keep?”
"The boots are comfy, so, I think I'll keep those. Sorry ... I'm just trying to latch onto the only things that make sense right now."

A brief chuckle as she attempts to enter one of the stores. One vaguely resembles the appearance of a clothing store. So, she decides to enter alongside the other. It gets harder to deny the reality of the situation by the second. Uneasiness washes over her like a cold shower.

@MaidRips

N.W just silently follows, having nothing else to really do.

[Also for God's sake everyone, when talking in meta, use meta-brackets. RP-etiquette 101 lads.]

"The boots are comfy, so, I think I'll keep those. Sorry ... I'm just trying to latch onto the only things that make sense right now."

A brief chuckle as she attempts to enter one of the stores. One vaguely resembles the appearance of a clothing store. So, she decides to enter alongside the other. It gets harder to deny the reality of the situation by the second. Uneasiness washes over her like a cold shower.
“Right no I totally get it,” they said with a shake of her head. “Everything here is seven shades of ******. I get if you’re not feeling good about it.”

They werent feeling good about it but you know they weren’t going to say that. “Let’s get you some new clothes, huh?”

“Right no I totally get it,” they said with a shake of her head. “Everything here is seven shades of ******. I get if you’re not feeling good about it.”

They werent feeling good about it but you know they weren’t going to say that. “Let’s get you some new clothes, huh?”
N.W. nods her head. "I'd say that my current cloths are good, but I'll join the two of you anyways.. I have nothing else to do at the moment."

@Phoenix

"Of course! The history books are in that section, over there." She points towards the spot Yuuki beelined into. "Was, um... was she your friend?"

@Crimson

The two guards just stop, and stare at eachother... then the left one starts laughing.

"HAHAHAHAHA! Man, that's a good one, did you hear this guy? 'Deathtopia the Destructor', man, you're a real funny guy, aint'cha?"

Then they both point their halberds at you. The edges glow with electricity.

@DontTalkDT

"****"

Glump scares the hell out of the guard up there, who quickly points his weapon. "Hey, you're not supposed to be up here!"

@InfiniteDay

[Quite. Normal earth items would just sorta disintegrate. Thankfully you're on a place where everything is technically magic to some degree.]

@DMUA

Naldo's Genre-Savviness is a virtue. Inside, generic music is playing on a record, and it's pretty bustling with activity. Despite the clear neon lights on the door and the fancy setup in here, the clothes of most people still look pretty antiquated. Even from before your time, back home. Looks like things people'd wear a hundred years ago. Bit of a cultural disconnect, really.

@Clothing Store

The outfits inside are definitely the sorta stuff you'd see at a renaissance fair. It's almost surprising how few wierd looks you and your group have been getting.

@Andy

[Good luck finding something like that in a place like this.]

(Another question, we all have at least one Primary and Secondary magic, which means we can also have another of those types, correct?)

@Clothing Store

"Meh, my clothes are fine, I probably change them for others but that won't be today" Noah says as she open another bag of potato chips

Once I'm done looking in awe at my apparent magical prowess, I decide to head to the library to read up on history

"I wonder if any of these could increase my stats..."

Cass wonders aloud, still hung up on the JRPG theory. Though, she's tipped off initially by just how ... not so different these outfits look to the one she's wearing now. If anything, she looks more in place with the environment than she would in her old clothes. She gives a little twirl in her cape, allowing it to swish around. It's movements are made visible to her via a mirror. Maybe she didn't have to change at all. Still, she approaches the counter and attempts to grab the attention of the storekeep.

"Ah, hi! Do you have anything in my size? I'm just browsing!"

Looking around without any result, I complained out loud.

“Wow, a town without any weapons shop. Now how do I supposed to windows shopping now.”

‘Maybe I should just go to the library.’ I thought, as I walk toward it

Bailey looked at the available outfits and frowned, looking over them with a tilt of their head. “All of these look ******* stupid,” they muttered under their breath before looking down at themself.

”uh, Cass? You think my outfit stands out more than yours?”

"... Yeah, this definitely isn't any place I know by a longshot... Still, I think I'll be able to get somewhere here."

Naldo takes a seat and listens in on what everyone's talking about. If there's nothing related to gods or space gardens, find the... not quite the drunkest guy around, but, close to it. Maybe they'll be receptive to questions about it.

Wha- hey! What is up with these guys?! Hmph, they say you have control over lucid dreams, but it seems the thing Josh gave me is making things unpredictable. Oh well, i'll just deal with the the old fashioned way.

"Hmph. Fools. I had given you a chance."

Somehow, Deathtopia has immense knowledge on the ways of combat. Putting his hands on a "snake" position, he chops at the blood vessels in the neck of the guards, hoping to knock them out.

@DontTalkDT

"****"

Glump scares the hell out of the guard up there, who quickly points his weapon. "Hey, you're not supposed to be up here!"
"Oh, Glump is very sorry about that, good sir. Glump didn't know that Glump shouldn't be up here. What is up here that makes it so that Glump shouldn't be here?"

Glump doubted the guard would actually give an insightful answer, but asking questions hopefully bought Glump some time in which he didn't get hurt. Time which Glump would use to take a closer look at the town below, memorizing good spots to teleport to and checking for other goblins... or large gatherings of people which weren't his group.
Glump also wanted to check whether or not the river Glump had heard of before runs through the settlement.

Nat would breathe in, as they utilize their Ki to slowly start floating... they weren't used to this. But might as well do what their body tellls them to... and so! They dash towards a random direction, wanting to look from above, flying above the place....

Bailey looked at the available outfits and frowned, looking over them with a tilt of their head. “All of these look ******* stupid,” they muttered under their breath before looking down at themself.

”uh, Cass? You think my outfit stands out more than yours?”
Turning back at them. She assesses her outfit, then the extravagant outfits featured on the shelves.

"Um ... well, back home it'd be the other way around but -- "

She squints for a moment, then her shoulders droop and she admittedly nods.

@Infinite

[It's not part of your powerset. You can learn magic if you find the proper sources ingame but it's not something you get from the get-go unless you made it a custom like some people here did]

@Phoenix

"Of course! I'd start with this one over here."

She leads Apollyon to the shelf where Yuuki is currently browsing, and pulls out a book titled "A comprehensive history of Gaia".

"This one has maps and such as well, if you're interested in seeing different territories."

@Justsomewi
You can see Apollyon and Yuuki already reading in the history aisle. "Huh... we seem to be oddly popular today..." The librarian smiles, a bit confused.

@MaidRips

The shopkeep, a human man, glances down. Dude's like 6 feet tall and doesn't look like the type to run a clothing shop. "Yeah, we do. What kinda clothes you looking for?"

@ANdy

[There is a small weapon shop, but not a magic weapon shop]

@MUDA

As Naldo listens in, he doesn't hear anything pertaining to their situation, but he does hear some... interesting little tidbits. News about a new weapons manufacturer, talk about some famous general, and a lot of sentiments of "Maybe this time we'll finally start the damn war".

@Crim

You catch the left one completely off-guard, knocking him out in an instant, but the other one manages to deflect with his halberd, then swinging the electric edge at you like a knife taser. A Knaser?

@DontTalkDT

"It's military property. You've gotta be in the military to be up here."

The man doesn't seem to be hostile, at least. "Are you new here? We don't get a lot of goblins in Ordo Vis."

@Listentomyrhytm

[Both.]

Nat's flight was a bit shaky at first, but they got the hang of it quickly enough. The town isn't a big one, but it seems pretty bustling, at least. Doesn't seem like a bad place to live at all.

Nicholas, channeling his Magi, emits a large, red flame from his gauntlet, quickly snuffing it out.

"It seems we can all use magic, but to what degree I wonder..."

As I intend to go to the library, I spot a small weapon shop on the side of the road.

“Well finally somewhere I can window shop.”

I go in, and greet the owner

@Justsomewi
You can see Apollyon and Yuuki already reading in the history aisle. "Huh... we seem to be oddly popular today..." The librarian smiles, a bit confused.
I walk over to the history aisle and attempt to search for the earliest records chronologically, hoping to work my way up from the beginning

As Naldo listens in, he doesn't hear anything pertaining to their situation, but he does hear some... interesting little tidbits. News about a new weapons manufacturer, talk about some famous general, and a lot of sentiments of "Maybe this time we'll finally start the damn war".
"... Oh. Okay, that's... probably not good."

"I'm new in town, but, should you really be that excited for a war?"

Shit, he's good!

While Deathtopia is about to get hit by the taser lancer, he surrounds himself with Aegis Guard, a necrotic forcefield, to deflect the blow, while he again aims for the neck strike.

"Thank you."

Apollyon says, taking the book and looking through it, trying to see if there's anything she recognizes from it, from the maps, names, or people alike.

“******* hell,” bailey muttered as they pulled at their shirt. “Well, I’m not buying any new clothes. They can stare at me all the **** they want.” Bailey rolled their eyes.

“Just get yourself some clothes, if you want. I’ll be fine. I’d rather keep my outfit anyways. Pretty stylish.” They winked.

Abel looks around the clothing for a bit before coming to the decision that he likes his current outfit. As he waits for the other’s to finish he begins to think of what to do next. They should probably find some kind of world map as well as information on various countries and kingdoms to get a lay of the land.

Back